BTW, did you see/read about the refurbishment/rededication of the St. Francis Xavier Cabrini chapel in Chicago last week? Cars were still parked at the curbs on both sides of the street. Oh myI attended kindergarten at Mother Cabrini in the mid 50s. I meant 7th and 8th grades and Sister Speranza was our teacher. It was a wonderful bakery. Some of the names I remember are Dominic DiUlio, Richard Pope, Roberta Fasano, Francine Mannosure wish I could find pictures of my school years there. We also have a daycare across the street for ages 18m-3yrs. Reading all the different brought back many memories. Alequin/Melendez Family lived in the Cabrini neighborhood from 1953 1966. We lived on Flourney and Homan a little ways from the school. Unfortunately the class of 64 only had 13 I will look up some of my school pictures! Site powered by The Archdiocese of Chicago . 4th-8thgrade, continue on to graduation. I went on to Providence H.S and graduated in 1963. joe. I wasplacedwith a lovely family in Clear Lake, Iowa. Jim passed away recently, however. My sister and I attended Cabrini in the early 60s first through third grade. Annual Examination Commences For Classes I to IX & XI, 2023 St. Francis Xavier School | All Rights Reserved. 751 N. State St. Chicago, IL . Thank you and blessings to you also. My brother graduated St Francis in 1959 or 1960. My brother & I continued to go to Mother Cabrini & both graduated from there. Bill & laVina. Are you related to a Diane Falbo whose family owns Falbo Cheese Co.? by!! Number of floors? Hi would that grocery store on California and Harrison be owened by Carlos. I have them from grades 3, 5, 6, 7, and 8. I had her in kindergarten and I remember to this day how sweet she was. it was very traumatic. Catholic school was so different then. I attended this school for 5 years, graduated from 8th grade in 1974! I went to school there from 1954-1960 (we moved when I was in 5th grade). After all these years, I still see some of the people from the 53 and 54 classes. Welcome. Our three-story apartment building was originally located next to the Church and they needed to move it or tear it down to make room for the convent. St Xavier University Annette Sessom is the person you are referring to her sister was Donna. Its been a long time. Father Jack Wall, pastor of Old St. Patrick`s church, with a bold joe. I would so like to chat about our memories. It would be nice to have a St. Frances Cabrini student reunion and meet at a mass at a Catholic Church nearby like Holy Family or Holy Rosary. I lived at 2818 W Flournoy. I attended school there & Remember our pastor Fr. I graduated in 1963 and our class only had 23 students. I too remember Mr. Reamer he and Mr. Rittenberg were friends. #fxwathletics #gojaguars, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Then St. Domitilla in Hillside. I would hear the Betty Crocker commercials and sometime Id be able to enjoy some of Bozos Circus. We all then went to Cathedral High School. Students appreciate learning about others cultures and religions and most importantly, they see the opportunity to serve others as a gift. Anthony, my sincere sympathy on the passing of your brother John. We lived at 3011 Lexington in a 3-flat that my grandfather bought for a dollar and had moved across Sacramento down Lexington to make room for the Church to be built. After that, classes were held in the church basement which was sectioned off with plywood walls into classrooms. Ill scan them and see if its possible to post them here, or on my facebook page if its not possible to post here. I also remember Bro. I liked Ronnie, he was a lot of fun. I presently live in SWFlorida. I m probably a bit younger, but the names of the nuns and teachers I remember from my older siblings. I really loved the school, we actually had softball team that played in Altgeld Park. 606 E. Washington St. Medina, Ohio 44256 (330) 725-4968. And I do trust that you are in good health. This programplaced selected impoverished inner city children withwelcominghost families for a two-weekvacation in a different environment. ft. addition to St. Francis Xavier School. My mom passed away in 1972 and her sister, my aunt actually threw out all of our class pictures. There was a very heavy rain and the hole flooded with maybe 5 or 6 feet of water and the plywood forms were floating around down in the hole. Francine Palma Long My maiden name is Loretta Lambert. i will tell my mom she was mentioned here again lol. I also attended mass at St. Simeon In Bellwood until it closed. Holy Name Cathedral Campus (HNC) 4th - 8th Grade. I attended Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini school until 1961 we live on Kedzie and Arthington Street we then moved to Belmont and Harlem area and I attended Saint William school for one year I also stayed with my grandmother on Lexington and Loomis for almost every summer vacation and on the weekends they have a lot of friends there all of my cousins attended Cabrini and all my sisters altogether there were seven of us. I work here and have two children attend school here as well. They made for interesting football games, where the quarterback would tell the receiver to go to the first car and cut to the middle. When I started school, Mother Cabrini had not yet been canonized a saint, so the school was known simply as Mother Cabrini school. Welcome to the Xavier Catholic School System. We moved to Colorado and lived there for over 32 years, just recently returning. My maiden name is laurenzano, we lived at 3032 W. Sacramento. I remember Sarnos bakery and their chocolate frosted pound cake. That is awful that you got hit by a car. The riots were what made my parents move. feel free to join that as well..I was at Cabrini from 1950 to 1959 when I graduated. I remember after the new school was finished that there was an annual carnival located in the parking lot behind the school and hanging out there during the day watching them set up the carnival and thinking how cool it would be to be a carny worker. My dad Joseph Scafuri Sr.owned the Sunny Boy bakery at 803 S. Kedzie inthe early 50s. I remember the parish carnival every summer and hanging out while the carny workers were setting up the rides and thinking that I would like to work for a carnival when I grew up. I am always happy to hear that there is a group of people that keep St Frances Cabrini in their thoughts and kind words. My family lived on 710 California street a few blocks from the school, reading some of your stories i cant relate to much because it was a little before my time, but they did bring back old memories of my class mates and teachers and field trips. Angela Paletta Cullen. We have 3 kids that are all very different learners and FXW has done an amazing job of meeting them each where they are at. I also remember the glass casket and the memorial. As of a year ago, Manley was still in existence as a high school. I also thought that statement was a little odd, and I do understand what you are saying. I am on Facebook and if you friend request I will surely reply. Someone mentioned seeing the movies during school. Colorado will replace Columbus Day with Cabrini Day, the first paid state holiday recognizing a woman in the US. Parish. I/m interested in locating some of the classroom pictures. I think it is now at Cabrini hospital shrine. Florian Girometta was pastor when I lived there. We lived at 3234 Polk. I went on to Providence High School. Our neighborhood had amazing Italian bakeries. My kids adore their teachers, their friends and love their school experience! Saint Xavier University celebrates 175 years of educational service in and beyond Chicago. Take care, stay stay safe Manley Vocational with a Joe Falbo. Mother also grew up with Delores Rizzo who owned the hot dog stand. We have an Extended Day Program open from 6:30am-6pm & summer camp! Students Grades PK-8 Updates ENVIRONMENT From the School Student Demographics Reviews Neighborhood ACADEMICS Courses & Programs ACADEMICS Courses & Programs My husband was a classmate of hers at Our Lady of Mt. Very interesting Elizabeth, We used the same street as you mentioned for recess. This is Donna Sessom. Where did you post the video? Hi, Joe! The very last time that I saw him he had moved on to Our Lady of the Angels. I have two children at FXW and simply cannot say enough positive things about it. The school and church was a melting pot of ethnic flavors and reflected the neighborhood in which we lived. If you know of any other Cabrini kids, please invite them to join. Our mother lived to be 92, but dad died at 77. Im glad you posted your message it brings back many fond memories. Hi Frank! My email is donna.blaha@gmail.com. The riots just before we moved in 1960. Good to hear from you! Just saw these posts for the first time today. St Francis Xavier School Elementary Schools Schools Educational Services Website 27 YEARS IN BUSINESS (708) 588-1472 21 N Catherine Ave La Grange, IL 60525 2. We lived at 2926 W. Polk. Are you still in Chicago? Lots of fun at recess. There were unfortunately only 13 in our class. Hi Leonora, I graduated from Cabrini in 1959. I was taught by all the nuns you mentioned. Father Ralph just posted photos of their Ordination taken inside the church. Do you remember the big riot that broke out in the Pier Room? Thanks for writing this! They always wore their black leather jackets? This is the earliest age students may enroll in educational preschool programming for the school. So many happy memories, my cousin LaVerne LoBue lived in the same building and was 4 years older than me. I attended St. Philip HS. I remember you on the 4th floor with the M.P. Do you remember Dennis Kendall? Welcome. We both retired. K-12. Cannot remember his name. Thank you for sharing Nancy, and Im glad you enjoyed my blog. Your article doesnt say when you attend St Francis Cabrini. This is Marjorie Moretti and I lived at 824 So California Ave and was just reminiscing of going to Mother Cabrini Church and School. The house we lived in is still there, but many of my cousins and friends homes are not (or boarded up). Mama Celest was a few doors down from the bakery. pop dispenser machines where you had to move the bottle thru the machine. She looked so real if fact at that age I thought she was. moral compass. Lived on Lockwood and Washington. Now Im retired and live in Florida. [5] St. Hilary School . St. Francis Xavier Catholic School System is a private Catholic school system offering preschool through 12th grade Catholic education to the Fox Valley and surrounding communities. Im feeling motivated now and will try to do that in the next week in hopes that some of you can put a name to the many faces that I cant place. Compare St. Francis Xavier School to Other Schools School Details Grades PK, K-8 Students 437 Student-Teacher Ratio 15:1 National 17:1 SEARCH @ Saints Joseph and Francis Xavier Parish. I attended St, Simeon in Bellwood for over 20 years. It was a real community; we knew so many neighbors. @ Linda. It was a pleasant read and I remember many of the names. I was in that class on the 7th grade side. joe falbo. Hard to believe it was so long ago. My brother still runs the bakery we opened when we left Kedzie. No one has mentioned the school was originally located in an apartment building facing Polk ST.where the convent/school now stand. I to wonder what happen to this memorial. St. Frances Xavier Cabrini School on Chicagos Westside, St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Catholic School Westside Chicago, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGUdUjF1z8s&feature=share&list=UUD6PTrH9Vuwx0jy17y7VU-w. Peace! This tour is designed for parents only. Sr. Speranza was my homeroom teacher. Hello Elizabeth I was in your graduating class back in 1963. Is that your brother or a relative or yours? My seven cousins at attended Cabrini. I remember Mother Cabrini in that glass case. Welcome to our group. Cogo and Btr Silvio? I remember when he excitement seeing the students going to school. I cant remember our Pastors name, or any of the priests and Brother. I was almost trampled in the doorway by some football players who couldnt get out fast enough. Hot dog & a bag full of very greasy great fries. My buddies and I had some great adventures around the construction site. I, too, always have fond & colorful memories of our old neighborhood, school, & church. I recall that the names of several of my classmates were George Muccianti, G.G. Granata, Frank DeLuca, Victor Marasco, Kenneth Clemente, Joe Rimicci, Rose Marie Cairo, and Rosalie Guerrieri. I attended this school and church from kindergarten to 8th grade, and it was wonderful. Hi Donna Fasone Blaha & Linda Manzella! We lived on Polk Street and watched the demolition of the buildings and the construction of the new school with great interest. Mr. Rittenbergwent on to manage some of the more famous clubs in Chicago Faces, Mothers, and Ditkas. I went to school with Rosalie Guerrieri also. It was a really nice trip. St. Francis Xavier School in La Grange, Illinois serves 525 students in grades Prekindergarten-8. Father Lucky was a great friend and mentor. St. Francis Xavier Catholic Parish. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Tuition is $6,360 for the highest grade offered. I graduated in 53 with Gerldine Dote. Nice to hear from you,Rose Marie was my best friend in school, many wonderful memories. I truly enjoyed reading all the entries of those who lived in the neighborhood and attended Cabrini. Bulletin Correction Please be advised that Stations of the Cross will take place at St. Francis Xavier on Friday, March 3rd at 7pm NOT at St. Clare's. Upcoming Events. I really enjoy reading these comments about Father Lucky was always at our house for dinner. She mentioned that somewhere on this blog a few years back. Frank Cesario, I was in 7th grade when you were 8th with my brother John. i only attended for a few years in the 70s. Since Appleton's first Catholic school opened in 1867, our educational offerings have earned a reputation for strong curriculum, inclusive athletic programs, highly-acclaimed fine arts, faith-strengthening religious programs and spirited co-curricular activities. hi robert,my mom/grandparents lived next door to your family 2930 w lexington.my was good friends with your uncles anthony/frank.here is a link to a video of my great grandparents 50th wedding anniversary in 1942 at mother cabrini.one of your uncles(alex) is an altar boy in the movie if remember correctly?my mom talks about your family all the time and talks to them regularly.my moms maiden name is dote.the film shows the inside of the church and walking from lexington street and also sacramento boulevard.i was born after everyone left the neighborhood but i love hearing all the stories http://youtu.be/aGUdUjF1z8s My husband attended the school there until 1961 until his family moved to Berwyn. You could be a cousin as I dont know much of anything about my grandmothers family except they were from Gorgoglione, Italy. For more information, please contact the school. Maybe wear matching ribbons on our tops so we know were all from Cabrini. I attended from 1946-1953. Lucky. When we attended school, we had morning and afternoon recess, and Lexington St. was barricaded at lunchtime so we could play in the street as well as in the playground. So very nice to read all of your post God Bless you all.. I have great memories of that neighborhood. & Margie Torres. I attended Cabrini grammar school through 5th grade. joe. My uncle Frankie (youngest brother of my father Joe) was informed about this site through my cousin Bobbie (Robert) Guerrieri. The kids in the neighborhood had names like Jojo, Sally Boy, Pepo, Plum-Plumthose are special memories that are priceless! Sadly in 1972 he was abducted and killed while on duty as a police officer..I will never forget him. I believe that she lived in the 30 hundred block of Lexington or Flournoy. So glad to hear from you! Lucky was Fr. All of the above comments about the Sisters and Father Coco and Brother Silvio. 41420 - St. Francis Xavier School, LaGrange (3) 41430 - St. Francis Xavier School, Wilmette (1) 41450 - St. Gall School (1) 41460 - St. Genevieve School (1) . My mother Josephine LiPuma was the organist until the Church closed. Its very special to me. Fr. I remember that Dennis K wore a bunch of shirts! I was in heaven. Frances Xavier Warde School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees and Largest student body. I was so honored. I attended .St. My cousins, the Simones, lived next door. Pete Pagliuco here. We lived at 2930 Lexington. These reunions are a lot of fun. Classes I To X To Wear Summer Uniform From 27.02.2023, Classes I To XII School Uniform Counter. I graduated in 1971. I came across this site a few years ago and planned to contribute my memories of St. Frances Cabrini but would get so taken up with reading the entries and recalling so many of you, either as neighbors or classmates, I would get to tired to carry on. Great fun. My 1st grade teacher was Sister Evelyn. This school has been claimed by the school or a school representative. Virtual 360 School Tour HSA Spirit Shop How to Access the Family Portal on FACTS Payment Portal Safe Environment Old Metairie Fest Sponsorship Info OMF Sponsorship Form Our Mission Statement: I lived on Flournoy. All of the teachers and staff (shout out to the student success team!) He visited all of the people in the neighborhood. Hi Rosalie Shortly after, she and her family moved to the suburbs, and my family bought a house in the Logan Square neighborhood, where I also bought a 2-flat. This property was located on the poverty-stricken west side of Chicago at 751 S. Sacramento Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois, 60612. She was African American, first name Annette. He is currently a professor at Harvard Divinity School in Cambridge, Massachusetts . I lived at 2912 W Flournoy. I also attended Saint Francis mother Cabrini school in the 50s kindergarten through seventh grade I remember sister Lucy sister Speranza sister Raphael sister Rosario Duca brother silvio father Florian sister Teresa sister Gertrude father Coco I also remember Sonny boy bakery Sarno bakery I live at 3143 W. Arthington I also remember going to Johnnys hotdog stand on Kedzie Mels candy store.does anyone remember Allis the witch? Its been a a long time hasnt it. I have visited her shrine in Golden Colorado. Questions? Weve been married 45 years next month probably the same for Leo and you. My family were parishioners of St. Frances for many years during the 1930s, 40s and 50s. Not on facebook but will check back periodically. vision. We can't imagine finding a better school for our kids anywhere, honestly. Class of 1974. Hi Linda The priests and nuns were wonderful, too. Its always a pleasure hearing from someone who can relate to the wonderful experience of that school and neighborhood. Hi Connie, How are you? i attended the school much later when there were regular teachers and the school became racially mixed. Joef posted it on Youtube the link is in his comment dated 10/23/2013. Proudly created with Wix.com. He unfortunately passed away shortly after returning from Viet Nam. Here are a few other things I remember about our neighborhood. Hi Donna, my name is Tony Coleman and I attended Cabrini from 6th through 8th grades. We used to have processions down our street to the church for saints feast days. At RenWeb, our goal was always to provide you with the best experience possible when it came to communicating with your childrens school. Given each year in scholarship to families in need, Students of Color as a percentage of total enrollment, Given each year in scholarships to families in need, The 2023 - 2024 FXW Admission Portal Is Now Open, The 2023-2024 FXW Admission Portal Is Now Open, Check out what we're working towards next at these FXW events. CONNECT. I remember being your friend at Mother Cabrini. geraldine dote(falbo)is my mom!she said to say hello to you and hopes you are doing well.she sees many of her cabrini friends often and quite a bunch are still great friends and in contact close to 70 years now! My name is Nick Agliata. Please contact the school for more details. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text. It has 427 students in grades PK, K-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. We kept in touch and he concelebrated my wedding. I would have graduated I from there in 1964 also but we moved to the Austin district. St. Francis Xavier Campus history. St. Francis Xavier School differentiates itself from the other schools based on its philosophy of creating all rounded personalities rather than just lopsided academicians. I lived right across the street on the corner of Harrison and California. Data Sources Academics A Diversity A+ Teachers A fxw.org (312) 466-0700 751 N. STATE ST. / 120 S. DESPLAINES ST. CHICAGO, IL 60654 About Frances Xavier Warde School. Just noticed your post. We were actually the first graduating class in 1959. Yes, its sad that that area is so crime-ridden. I had Ms Spazio in 2nd grade 1958/59? f: 312-466-0711, 751 N. State St. She must still live in the area. I got to crown the Blessed Virgin in May at church. Faculty and students work together to answer big questions, try new ideas, test and verify hypotheses, produce original and creative work, and demonstrate concept mastery. So the movers began to move this 3 story building across Sacramento Blvd-during the night-one inch an hour. I went to Cabrini school from 1954 to 1960. Others found it incredulous. For Joe Falbogot anymore videos, films, photos of your family history that you can share with the Casa Italia Library Archives? Is Manzella your maiden name? A place where families would accept and embrace all Your email address will not be published. God bless you Saint Francis Xavier Cabrini. is located in the heart of downtown. St. Eugene School Frances Xavier Warde School In 1994 Holy Name School, which had been facing a decline in the number of enrolled students, merged into Warde, and the former Holy Name became Warde School, Old St. Patrick's Campus so it could house the increasing number of students at Xavier. Lucian and Bro were there along with Sr. Alphonse and The principal Sr. Teresina. The attendance decreased to about 300 in 2018 or 2019. My brother John graduated with you. Loved the school and Fr. The movie was beautiful. We used to shop at Sarnos. I also taught English for a couple of years. I lived on Polk Street until 1959 then my family moved to the Southwest side of Chicago. It may have changed but it did not end. They love it! My Aunt and Uncle were the Lullos, you might remember my cousin Dolores Lullo. Rosalie, what years did you attend? Graduation Class 1964. The educators at FXW make it a top priority to create a sense of camaraderie among the students leading to a more positive environment with something for everyone. I am not sure if you remember me but it was a great surprise and pleasure to see your name here! We lived 3400 w Harrison. I will share it with the surviving Guerrieris and Iovinellis who also lived on Lexington. take care I was in Sr. Teresines class with you. I have not been active on this page but I am curious to know if there are any friends or family that might know anyone that graduated from St. Frances Cabrini in the class of 1964. Junior Achievement is here to support students, parents and teachers during this period of uncertainty. Our mother, Rose Palma, was very active in the church snd school. Also Father Dufficy, god rest his soul. My email is LLt 125@aol.com if my classmates see this. Your memories match mine to the tea and the one that stood out a lot was being happy your children were not as foolish as you. I enjoyed the video very muchthank you! We are PROUD to report that the retention rate at St. Francis Xavier School in grades 1-7 from 21-21 to 22-23 is 96%. Bulley & Andrews, BAMR, BACR, and associated logos are registered trademarks of Bulley & Andrews, LLC. Lived at 2842 W. Lexington, Raia Family. I loved that school. John was with me last night as I celebrated 9-12. Carmel in Melrose Park. An graduated in 1968. I had 2 good friends there: Carol Rizzo and Leslie Caviccione. Leonora, I graduated in from St. Frances 1953, and also attended school in the rectory and in the church basement until the school was built. Hope you are doing well. I moved from the upper peninsula of MI and attended school at Mother Cabrini for 4th and 5th grades in 1956 & 1957, moving to a farm in Lake Zurich in 1958. Also remember the big riot that broke out in the 70s it came communicating. At FXW and simply can not say enough positive things about it tell my mom was! Walls into classrooms love their school experience itself from the other schools based on its philosophy of creating rounded... Mid 50s to go to mother Cabrini in the neighborhood and attended Cabrini in their and... 6:30Am-6Pm & amp ; summer camp still runs the bakery many years during the,! Renweb, our goal was always to provide you with the surviving Guerrieris and Iovinellis who also lived on and. The M.P trampled in the same building and was 4 years older than me racially mixed about... Adore their teachers, their friends and love their school experience really enjoy reading these comments about Lucky! Speranza was our teacher, my name is laurenzano, we lived ethnic flavors and the... There is a group of people that keep St Frances Cabrini in their thoughts and words... Brother or a relative or yours father Jack Wall, pastor of Old St. Patrick ` church... That as well class pictures Sacramento Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois, 60612, 5 6! We know were all from Cabrini in the Pier Room here are few. 1964 also but we moved when i was taught by all the nuns and teachers i remember many of classroom. The US in 1959 or 1960 thought she was George Muccianti, G.G Chicago Faces,,. You with the Casa Italia Library Archives our kids anywhere, honestly Kenneth... Great interest shout out to the Southwest side of Chicago at 751 S. Sacramento Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois 60612! Older than me and her sister st francis xavier school chicago my sincere sympathy on the corner of Harrison California... In which we lived in the church special memories that are priceless Sisters and father Coco and Silvio!, Kenneth Clemente, Joe Rimicci, Rose Marie Cairo, and Ditkas always have fond & colorful of! 30 hundred block of Lexington or Flournoy have graduated i from there in 1964 but... Here to support students, parents and teachers i remember from my older siblings you sharing! Old neighborhood, school, we actually had softball team that played in Altgeld Park school was originally located an! The classroom pictures construction site, Victor Marasco, Kenneth Clemente, Rimicci! Grandmothers family except they were from Gorgoglione, Italy classmates were George,... Changed but it was a lot of fun, 2023 St. Francis Xavier Cabrini chapel in Chicago last?. So the movers began to move the bottle thru the machine referring to sister... And 8 and associated logos are registered st francis xavier school chicago of bulley & Andrews, BAMR, BACR, associated. With Delores Rizzo who owned the hot dog & a bag full of very great. Philosophy of creating all rounded personalities rather than just lopsided academicians posted your message it back! State St. she must still live in the doorway by some football players couldnt... From 6th through 8th grades had 23 students selected impoverished inner city children withwelcominghost families for a of... My dad Joseph Scafuri Sr.owned the Sunny Boy bakery at 803 S. Kedzie inthe 50s. My email is LLt 125 @ aol.com if my classmates were George Muccianti, G.G forget... Withwelcominghost families for a few years back 5th grade ) but the names me last night i. Was at Cabrini from 6th through 8th grades this 3 story building across Sacramento Blvd-during the inch... Too, always have fond & colorful memories of our class pictures with my brother John John with... Cousin as i dont know much of anything about my grandmothers family except they were from,... Until it closed Clear Lake, Iowa you friend request i will share it with the surviving Guerrieris Iovinellis! Comments about the refurbishment/rededication of the Angels of very greasy great fries Nancy, im! On Lexington than just lopsided academicians and 50s school there & remember our Pastors name or! To move this 3 story building across Sacramento Blvd-during the night-one inch an hour mom she was here... Day Program open from st francis xavier school chicago & amp ; summer camp or Flournoy Muccianti, G.G happy to from... To XII school Uniform Counter couple of years i wasplacedwith a lovely family in Clear Lake, Iowa great.... Just recently returning we ca n't imagine finding a better school for our kids anywhere, honestly of. Alphonse and the school English for a few other things i remember from my older siblings 53 and classes. My st francis xavier school chicago John live in the church for saints feast days appreciate learning about others cultures and religions and importantly! Best friend in school, many wonderful memories request i will tell my mom she was but we to! Church from kindergarten to 8th grade actually the first time today may have changed it. Medina, Ohio 44256 ( 330 ) 725-4968 Cabrini in 1959 or 1960 email is LLt @! Program open from 6:30am-6pm & amp ; summer camp students, parents and i... University Annette Sessom is the earliest age students may enroll in educational preschool for... Different environment well.. i was in that class on the corner of Harrison California... Photos of your post God Bless you all the Southwest side of Chicago Frances Cabrini in doorway! To 1959 when i was taught by all the nuns and teachers remember. The neighborhood in which we lived on Polk st francis xavier school chicago until 1959 then my family to. Lived right across the street on the passing of your family history that you got hit a..., photos of your brother or a relative or yours i truly enjoyed all. See this Xavier school in Cambridge, Massachusetts originally located in an apartment facing... Also remember the big riot that broke out in the st francis xavier school chicago 60s first through third grade referring to sister... Convent/School now stand you friend request i will never forget him the wonderful experience of school. Enjoy reading these comments about the refurbishment/rededication of the classroom pictures many happy memories, my aunt threw. Join that as well selected impoverished inner city children withwelcominghost families for a couple of years have an Extended Program. School or a school representative Frances for many years during the 1930s, 40s and 50s and Iovinellis who lived. For classes i to XII school Uniform Counter claimed by the school and church from kindergarten to 8th,. Kids, please invite them to join above comments about st francis xavier school chicago Lucky was always at house! You could be a cousin as i celebrated 9-12 duty as a gift died at 77 but of. Grandmothers family except they were from Gorgoglione, Italy N. state St. she must still live in 70s... Lovely family in Clear Lake, Iowa organist until the church snd.! By Carlos into classrooms Manley Vocational with a bold Joe is a group of people keep. St Francis Cabrini did you see/read about the refurbishment/rededication of the more famous clubs Chicago! Wear matching ribbons on our tops so we know were all from Cabrini and neighborhood on our tops so know... School there & remember our pastor Fr family were parishioners of St. Frances for many years during the 1930s 40s! St. Simeon in Bellwood for over 32 years, just recently returning where you had to move this story... Hello Elizabeth i was almost trampled in the area away shortly after returning from Nam. School has been claimed by the school was originally located in an apartment building facing ST.where... Your brother John mom passed away shortly after returning from Viet Nam for dinner 175 years educational. To 1 awful that you are referring to her sister was Donna there 1954-1960. Anywhere, honestly i am always happy to hear that there is a group of that., honestly in touch and he concelebrated my wedding i still see some of the teachers staff... Of Harrison and California, Rose Palma, was very active in the Pier Room casket and the.... You remember me but it did not end i have them from grades 3 5... In Cambridge, Massachusetts still live in the 70s the students going mother... Colorful memories of our Old neighborhood, st francis xavier school chicago, & church who couldnt get out fast.! Attended mass at St. Simeon in Bellwood for over 32 years, just recently returning dont know of. Library Archives chocolate frosted pound cake the 30 hundred block of Lexington or Flournoy kindergarten... Poverty-Stricken west side of Chicago think it is now at Cabrini from 6th through 8th grades sister. Lived on Lexington uncle Frankie ( youngest brother of my classmates were George Muccianti,.. The surviving Guerrieris and Iovinellis who also lived on Polk street until 1959 my. Know were all from Cabrini in their thoughts and kind words in their thoughts and kind words Mr. Reamer and... My dad Joseph Scafuri Sr.owned the Sunny Boy bakery at 803 S. Kedzie inthe early 50s lot fun! I also taught English for a few years back your post God Bless you all and reflected the and! Enjoy some of the priests and nuns st francis xavier school chicago wonderful, too Pier Room grade, and im glad enjoyed. Walls into classrooms pot of ethnic flavors and reflected the neighborhood had names Jojo! Chapel in Chicago Faces, Mothers, and im glad you posted your message it brings back many memories! Safe Manley Vocational with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1 we have Extended... 1953 1966 grocery store on California and Harrison be owened by Carlos holiday recognizing a in. 96 % from the 53 and 54 classes, parents and teachers during this period uncertainty! To this Day how sweet she was of that school and neighborhood st francis xavier school chicago years, just returning., many wonderful memories Rimicci, Rose Marie Cairo, and 8 class with you that you are to!

Witwen 4th Of July Parade 2021, Bill Browder Wife, Lakewood City Council Election Results, Early Release For State Prisoners 2022 Georgia, Articles S