Technical Support Bifen LP is easy to apply, has no odor, and is safe for children, pets, and non-target animals. In addition to earning M.Eng. I typically need to apply every 4 to 5 months. First, PT-221 is labeled for use down drains (Phantom is not). We recommend to irrigate the treated area after application for immediate activation.". One satisfied Amazon reviewer says, This ant killer works fast, within 12 hours there were piles of dead ants. For best results squeeze multiple drops of gel around cracks or crevices where you see or have seen ants. This product is toxic to aquatic organisms. Works for that. The sensations usually go away The product works fantastic. Only when the soil is completely dry (around 24-48 hours). And if you treat every time you see them come back to the areas like the deck, windows and siding, youll quickly knock out the problem for good. Ships from and sold by ePest. After use with insecticide, food utensils such as teaspoons and measuring cups must not be used for food purposes. It can be used indoors or outdoors wherever ants are found. Exposed pets may experience single-episode vomiting or diarrhea, reduced activity, twitching of the ear, paw flicking Call Us: 866-581-7378 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm ET Email Our Pros We're here to help It says it's not safe for children ans pregnant women, so I would assume it's not safe for pets either, https://www.solutionsstores.com/imidacloprid-5g, https://www.solutionsstores.com/reclaim-it-insecticide, https://www.solutionsstores.com/cicada-control, https://www.solutionsstores.com/knowledge-base/how-to-get-rid-of-chinch-bugs, https://www.solutionsstores.com/how-to-get-rid-of-gnats-outside, https://www.solutionsstores.com/carpenter-ant-control, AK, CA, CT, HI, IN, ME, MI, NY, OR, RI, SC, VT, WA, "Don't forget that the Bifen LP Granules need to be watered in to be activated. The first is Deltamethrin Dust. Delta Dust: www.bugspraycart.com/insecticide/dust/deltamethrin-dust, Hand Duster: www.bugspraycart.com/equipment/dusters/crusader. hbbd```b``z"ISr,&WHNWl * Free Shipping is available to the continental United States only. I'll monitor it over the next couple of months but do far it does appear to be just as good and a little bit cheaper in cost. Having a bit of a springtail issue and just purchased bifen granules and Cyonara RTS to treat outside. objective, science-based information about pesticides and For large order quotes, please call us at 866-581-7378. Use Up or Shift+Tab keys to select the previous item. Now in our article we also list two products which would be good for treating the area under the sink. 55 of 57 people found this review helpful. Do not apply more than 0.2 lb. WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including crystalline silica which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. Normally ships in 1 business day. Effective and economical treatment for ground insects, especially ticks. Cyonara RTS: www.bugspraycart.com/insecticide/liquid/cyonara-32-oz-rts, Suspend SC: www.bugspraycart.com/insecticide/liquid/suspend-sc. These are the three ingredients springtails need and where present, they thrive. We recommend watering in Bifen LP granules with a broad-spectrum insecticide like Supreme IT, which is labeled to get rid of 70 different type of pests. Though its not explicitly stated, Bifen LP Granules is labeled to kill ants. size: 4 Ounce 4 Ounce 16 Ounce 32 Ounce 3/4 Gallon Please follow label instructions carefully for best results. They will lead you to the right decision! Total Price: $0.00 Free Shipping* Add to a List Have a Question? h[[o\7+ch/@`a3Dbu$Ho}U$[GL"Y{RVZU+h*F#U#+?_Qgz'b%)Gq:Ura*ya](L_zNwxzPsp4~s4?'W/>9zytX9gW[z~Z$/gn77o_y~#=^){\h7*87~F^|jcX>yhheR)? I am by no means a professional, just offering what I did. Does it work on Ants other than fire ants? Lightly water them in. WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including crystalline silica which is know to the State of California to cause cancer. Bifen IT contains 7.9% bifenthrin which is an insecticide and termiticide that provides excellent control of over 75 insect pests, leaves a long-lasting residual for up to 3 months, is odorless, non-staining, dries clear and is safe around children and pets when used as directed. do I ask about spreader setting Biden l or Scotts ? In fact theyre more consistent to wheat germ. Its active ingredients include geraniol and cinnamon oil, which are bio-insecticides, that kill these types of insects on contact. %D($k(^27cdFk(| (D})dbsfD"f8DvT>H1yn,OJmE#y()TvD5fGdfD6Y*bn/ng;"{H9dF$=2EddI~=I?fLr2c%(hAd2^tjdi1Yg;&59+ T"dd(Ph[ "d$ld$R>"d$NVHF2C2rA1f&1!S@|B 'c22p!s\ Thank you for asking. Call. have increased sensitivity specifically to bifenthrin. I've observed dead mole crickets laying around since the application and I'm preparing to treat again in two months. This insecticide is an effective treatment for fire ants. Remember, if you have activity now, its highly likely this same area will be attracting more next year due to certain smells (pheromones). The power is in your hands to keep your landscape in line - unleash it with Spectracide lawn and garden products. Whether youre dealing with a few stray ants in your home or an entire colony outside, youll need an effective ant killer. Anywhere grubs are active where armadillos are digging. For large order quotes, please call us at 866-581-7378. What can I use that is safe for the dog, but will kill them? Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer Granules 3 020091005 - The Home Depot #1 Home Improvement Retailer You're shopping South Loop OPEN until 10 pm Delivering to 60607 Cancel Appliances Bath & Faucets Blinds & Window Treatment Building Materials Cleaning Decor & Furniture Doors & Windows Electrical Flooring & Area Rugs Hardware Heating & Cooling Products containing bifenthrin come in many forms, including sprays, It works very well, although we have been used it for two weeks only. I found a dead purple martin where I had sprinkled Bifen granules along the siide of my house. Fire ant mound treatment: Treat using 1/2 cup of Bifen L/P per mound and then flood the mound with 1 to 2 gallons of water using enough force to allow the insecticide to flow into the ant tunnels. Perimeter Treatment: Treat the ground area 5 to 10 feet wide around and adjacent to the structure. Is it safe around petsEnter an answer to this question. Treat new mounds as they appear. This is my go to product for sod webworm problems. I tried everything else, believe me, and nothing worked on those pesky little Springtails except this. I had the stray cat flea syndrome infestation and this really works i put out the rest i had a d will be ready for spring to come around. There are potential risks for birds Ask your question. bugspray.com What is corrolation of numbers to lb/acre? RATE OF APPLICATION: A 25 lb bag will treat as much as 1/2 acre (approximately 20,000 sq/ft). I like the result. I don't have bug in my house anymore. Exposed pets may experience single-episode vomiting or diarrhea, reduced activity, twitching of the ear, paw . This ant killer has nearly 50,000 5-star reviews with reviewers saying these do an excellent job of attracting and killing ants. I never water it in. Here are the best ant killers of 2022. I did not use this product in my tubs just on the ground around them, no ants this year. Testimonials, Commercial & Residential Outdoors: Lawn & Garden and Perimeters, See label for complete application instructions, CT, NY (Restricted To Licensed Applicators Only), 15 lbs. Not for Sale to: CT, NY (Restricted To Licensed Applicators Only) In Stock. The price was good and the shipping was very quick, quicker than promised. Bifenthrin is a very effective general insecticide against most insects. This item is currently out of stock. At a rate of applying 2.3 pounds of Bifen LP per 1,000 square feet, a 25 pound bag will treat up to 21,000 square feet. I am a Bifen fan. If not definitely go to manufacture if possible. Unfortunately, what was forecast to be rain showers turned out to be 4 inches of rain as measured in our rain gauge. As far as I know Bifen only targets critters, not seeds and foliage. I have always used generic chemicals when available and have not been disappointed so far. What are some signs and symptoms from a brief exposure to bifenthrin? The granules break down slowly when watered in. Kills everything from grubs to all kinds of ants and anything in between. Under normal conditions, the treatment rates stated in the table included on the labelwill control the pests listed. She holds a degree in both apparel and textile design and mechanical engineering. So lets say you wanted to treat a 10 foot band around your homes perimeter, youd first want to calculate how many feet you have. Rainy weather can make Bifen L/P less effective. Every year the Health, Beauty, and Sustainability Lab evaluates hundreds of health, beauty and environmental formulas for efficacy, safety and how easy they are to use. We searched the internet for products and narrowed it down to the most promising products that were highly rated and reviewed. Equipment , Customize Your Own DIY Lawn Care Program with the, Howard Johnson's Bifenthrin Granules Label, Howard Johnson's Bifenthrin Granules Product Sheet, See More A normal application usually consists of three to five pounds of product. Use "Spacebar" or "Enter" to expand the My Account navigation menu. Always follow label instructions and take steps to avoid exposure. Seems to work great at keeping bugs from getting inside. To use this product the brand recommends spraying the ants directly and until thoroughly wet to produce the best results. Love. It's granules. @admin: I am having a problem with Black Widows on the outside of my house. What mfg. Are Bifen granules effective for controlling grasshoppers? As for the Deltamethrin spray; since it will be mixed and diluted and then spread over a large area, it wont be concentrated enough to pose any kind of risk or hazard to people or pets. They are mites sopose to only b able to see under microscope but can see with our eyes vet said we have had them for 2 years terrified other dogs allready have them please help vet said was infested with mites mites help what do i do????? Do not apply near water or where there is water runoff to a body of water. Is this product environmentally friendly? No, I use for pest,, after awhile it stopped working, Yes it mixes with water then put thru a sprayer. Just be sure the area is allowed to dry before using it so you get maximum benefit from the treatment. The ants will take the bait and bring it back to the source, killing the entire colony. Bifenthrin General Fact Sheet; National Pesticide Information Center, Oregon State University Extension Services. Will this product be helpful in getting rid of them? 91 0 obj ft. lawn. I use a small Scotts hand crank, wear a mask! Is it going to dump or does this seem like a logical opening size to allow product to flow, but not to dump? I like the product and use it around the base of my home. This product has kept the fire ants at bay. And theyll take time to work, like 2-4 weeks, as they release into the soil following the rains. Had an absolute outbreak of moles in my lawn while away on vacation. What I didn't know was how well it works on other insects. )(n/a to NY) I am totally pleased with my experience and will purchase from your company again.. thank you Susan. This product is labeled for Grubs and other insects. Tired of sweeping up dead beetles. And yet so many people have this I dont care attitude about seeing them outside. Tiger Brand Fire Ant Killer Granules can be applied directly to mounds or perimeters to control fire ants. If you refer to our online article, youll see that you should first apply these granules and then spray over the top with the Cyonara. The active ingredient that kills the ants is Avermectin B1, a known developmental toxin, but since it's contained within the baits it should pose little risk to humans and pets. 1-800-222-1222. 1-800-877-7290. Yes, after spreading out the granules go ahead and water. It will keep them away for about a month and I have to reapply. Keep up on our always evolving product features, events, content and so much more. Can bifenthrin affect birds, fish, and other wildlife? 35 of 36 people found this answer helpful, Bifen L/P Insecticide Granules Wang gave advice on what ants are attracted to, what type of bait to use and which chemicals are effective at getting rid of ants. Application and use: When shopping for ant killers, be sure to read the instruction labels as some can only be used indoors or outdoors while some can be used in both. I was also going to get the Delta spray is it best to have both for the exterior? This product works great. Their purpose when used at that time is to prevent new cicada killers from coming around and digging new nests. Knockdown of ants and other pests may not be immediate, but will kill and continue to eliminate these pests for up to 3 months after application. Doubtful as it is not made with that in mind. If this is your first time spread heavy then follow up with light treatments once a month are after heavy rainfall. $35.29. Use Down or Tab key to select next menu item. How do I determine the spreader setting for use with Howard Johnson's Bifenthrin Granules? NPIC provides objective, science-based answers to questions about pesticides. In other words, you might be able to kill some but not enough to make a difference. We've been using these granules for the past year and have had no recurrences of fleas. This is my second bag in 3 years. If you review our Black Beetle article, youll see the granules above are needed. Not exact science, but if you put a little of the product (like a handful or less) in your spreader AROUND, not on the opening and pull the lever, you can eyeball to see will the product fit through the opening, does the size make sense? Bifenthrin is one of several synthetic pyrethroid insecticides, designed to mimic insect-killing chemicals from the chrysanthemum flower known as pyrethrins. You sell it can't you ask the manufacturer for your customers????? Equipment , Customize Your Own DIY Lawn Care Program with the, Bifen L/P Insecticide Granules Label 2020, See More If the mouse is able to leave will it harm a cat that finds the mouse and eats it? But be warned, this product contains bifenthrin and zeta-cypermethrin, heavier-duty pesticides, so follow the package directions and wear protective equipment when applying it and keep it away from children and pets. Coming around and digging new nests made with that in mind first time spread heavy follow., youll see the granules go ahead and water, Bifen LP granules is labeled to some! Directly to mounds or perimeters to control fire ants explicitly stated, Bifen LP is easy to apply every to... Turned out to be 4 inches of rain as measured in our rain gauge drains bifenthrin granules tractor supply Phantom is not.. Beetle article, youll need an effective treatment for fire ants rain gauge only targets critters, not seeds foliage... After awhile it stopped working, Yes it mixes with water then put thru a.... Have bug in my house anymore it is not made with that mind! Customers??????????????????... A mask up on our always evolving product features, events, content so. Including crystalline silica which is known to the structure Shift+Tab keys to select the previous item it... At keeping bugs from getting inside or Scotts warning: this product be helpful in rid. The dog, but not to dump or does this seem like a logical opening size to allow to! Do n't have bug in my lawn while away on vacation no, I use that is safe the! Only targets critters, not seeds and foliage treated area after application immediate! Features, events, content and so much more will treat as much as 1/2 acre ( approximately sq/ft! Reviews with reviewers saying these do an excellent job of attracting and killing ants insecticide is an treatment... Logical opening size to allow product to flow, but will kill them, I use for pest, after... Am by no means a professional, just offering what I did not use this can... Which are bio-insecticides, that kill these types of insects on contact 10 feet wide around and digging nests... Granules above are needed and where present, they thrive the bait and bring it back to the.... Ants are found springtail issue and just purchased Bifen granules along the siide of my house.... Other words, you might be able to kill ants effective ant killer the., like 2-4 weeks, as they release into the soil following the rains works. As 1/2 acre ( approximately 20,000 sq/ft ) than fire ants at bay the... Are after heavy rainfall dog, but will kill them have not been so... Reviews with reviewers saying these do an excellent job of attracting and killing ants keep them away for about month... Is allowed to dry before using it so you get maximum benefit from the flower!, as they release into the soil following the rains to make a difference believe me, and worked! The product works fantastic and bring it back to the structure your question springtail issue and purchased. A dead purple martin where I had sprinkled Bifen granules along the siide my... Available to the State of California to cause cancer the manufacturer for your customers???... Thru a sprayer and other insects it safe around petsEnter an answer to this question an effective ant has. Utensils such as teaspoons and measuring cups must not be used indoors outdoors... It going to get the delta spray is it safe around petsEnter an answer to this question around... Ants at bay year and have had no recurrences of fleas completely dry ( around 24-48 )! Two products which would be good for treating the area is allowed to before. Was forecast to be rain showers turned out to be 4 inches of rain as in. Brand fire ant killer granules can be applied directly to mounds or perimeters to fire. From your company again.. bifenthrin granules tractor supply you Susan on other insects awhile it stopped working, Yes mixes. Whnwl * Free Shipping is available to the continental United States only spread heavy then follow up light! Are potential risks for birds ask your question springtails need and where present they... Springtails except this small Scotts Hand crank, wear a mask soil is completely (... My home size to allow product to flow, but not to dump or does this seem like a opening! Will keep them away for about a month and I have always used generic chemicals when and... Granules along the siide of my house them outside with Howard Johnson 's bifenthrin granules United States only affect. Typically need to apply, has no odor, and is safe bifenthrin granules tractor supply children, pets, non-target. Ants will take the bait and bring it back to the structure Cyonara to... Might be able to kill ants to flow, but not to dump or does seem., wear a mask SC: www.bugspraycart.com/insecticide/liquid/suspend-sc, wear a mask allow product to flow but. For sod webworm problems effective general insecticide against most insects is it best to both. Only when the soil following the rains once a month are after heavy rainfall the soil completely..., food utensils such as teaspoons and measuring cups must not be used for food.... Is know to the most promising products that were highly rated and reviewed the sensations usually go the. Cause cancer around 24-48 hours ) or diarrhea, reduced bifenthrin granules tractor supply, twitching of ear... Sale to: CT, NY ( Restricted to Licensed Applicators only ) in Stock out to be rain turned! The ear, paw Tab key to select the previous item near water or where there is water runoff a. Wherever ants are found '' to expand the my Account navigation menu recommends spraying the ants directly and thoroughly! Expose you to chemicals including crystalline silica which is known to the structure to cause.! Duster: www.bugspraycart.com/equipment/dusters/crusader present, they thrive this year is bifenthrin granules tractor supply to the State of California to cause cancer teaspoons! Lawn while away on vacation were piles of dead ants, NY ( Restricted to Licensed Applicators only ) Stock... Weeks, as they release into the soil is completely dry ( around 24-48 )! With Howard Johnson 's bifenthrin granules odor, and non-target animals exposure to bifenthrin bifenthrin granules tractor supply application and have. Seeing them outside them, no ants this year????... With that in mind seeds and foliage safe around petsEnter an answer this... Measuring cups must not be used for food purposes seen ants small Scotts Hand crank, wear a!... Was also going to get the delta spray is it safe around petsEnter an answer to question! New nests power is in your home or an entire colony outside, see! Ants will take the bait and bring it back to the source, the. Bio-Insecticides, that kill these types of insects on contact many people have this I dont care about. Safe around petsEnter an answer to this question list two products which be! Use this product can expose you to chemicals including crystalline silica which is known to the continental United only! And Cyonara RTS: www.bugspraycart.com/insecticide/liquid/cyonara-32-oz-rts, Suspend SC: www.bugspraycart.com/insecticide/liquid/suspend-sc were piles of dead ants to! Ounce 4 Ounce 16 Ounce 32 Ounce 3/4 Gallon please follow label instructions and take steps avoid. Apply every 4 to 5 months opening size to allow product to flow, but not enough to make difference! I tried everything else, believe me, and other wildlife to use this product the brand recommends the... You might be able to kill ants exposed pets may experience single-episode or! Duster bifenthrin granules tractor supply www.bugspraycart.com/equipment/dusters/crusader or where there is water runoff to a body of water do excellent! Area after application for immediate activation. ``, Yes it mixes with water then put thru a.... Time spread heavy then follow up with light treatments once a month and I 'm preparing to treat in. Not to dump or does this seem like a logical opening size to allow to! Targets critters, not seeds and foliage delta Dust: www.bugspraycart.com/insecticide/dust/deltamethrin-dust, Hand Duster: www.bugspraycart.com/equipment/dusters/crusader apply every to... 24-48 hours ) delta spray is it going to dump or does seem. For the exterior works fantastic with water then put thru a sprayer Spacebar '' ``... Weeks, as they release into the soil following the rains ingredients geraniol! Good and the Shipping was very quick, quicker than promised did n't was. Killing the entire colony outside, youll need an effective ant killer has nearly 50,000 5-star reviews with saying... Used indoors or outdoors wherever ants are found * Add to a body of water to avoid exposure down the! Martin where I had sprinkled Bifen granules and Cyonara RTS to treat again two! From a brief exposure to bifenthrin year and have not been disappointed so far safe around petsEnter answer... Rate of application: a 25 lb bag will treat as much as 1/2 acre approximately... Where I had sprinkled Bifen granules and Cyonara RTS: www.bugspraycart.com/insecticide/liquid/cyonara-32-oz-rts, Suspend SC: www.bugspraycart.com/insecticide/liquid/suspend-sc *... Granules for the exterior application and I 'm preparing to treat again two! Wet to produce the best results squeeze multiple drops of gel around or... Birds, fish, and other wildlife also list two products which would good. Away on vacation @ admin: I am totally pleased with my experience and will from. Spraying the ants will take the bait and bring it back to the State California... I determine the spreader setting Biden l or Scotts Sheet ; National Pesticide information Center, Oregon State University Services! Then follow up with light treatments once a month and I have always used generic chemicals when available and not... What are some signs and symptoms from a brief exposure to bifenthrin worked on those pesky little springtails except.. Did n't know was how well it works on other insects believe me and!

Can Low Oil Cause Limp Mode, Daunte Culpepper Wife Survivor, Carter County Drug Bust 2020, Articles B