:) Which ship? I once booked one of the longerKenai Fjords Tours however it had to be cancelled due to rough seas and they had to substitute a bay cruise, still nice (saw Puffins, humpback whales, et al). I agree that the balcony was very worth it. Travel with Experience! We make your experience while traveling from Seward to Anchorage easy and unforgettable. Our only negative would be that it was a little disorganized from the airport pickup side. I would give it at least 3 hours. Just dont nap on the ride down; youll miss one of the most scenic trips in Southcentral Alaska. No extra charge, but both the T-pool and the Solstice Solarium are adults-only areas. Comfortable bus. Professional driver. An Alaska cruise is all about the scenery. Never heard of ship disembarkation beginning at 5 a.m. We've done several cruise routes and we love the area so much, we'll be back next year for a land trip only. The tour will finish with a brief tour of the Anchorage area. Well, now you've ruled out Century. It sure is a toss up. Please let me know if anyone has any questions! If we arrange it ourselves with Alaska Railroad GoldStar service, it will be USD 876, plus taxis. I think I remember the general price point, and if my memory is correct it was more costly than the Alaska Cruise Transportation price quoted in the post by "hubofhockey.". The distance to Anchorage is about 125 miles. Discover the Qutekcak Native Tribe traditions and history. On this full-day private tour you will see more sites than you would on an ordinary tour. Is it compulsory to practice social distancing in Anchorage? When we got to the terminal, the bus stopped right in front of where our luggage was to be checked in for the cruise. then a week cruise on Golden Princess from Seattle which allowed us to experience a couple of days in Seattle. At 1,706sqmi of land area, the city is the fourth-largest by area in the United States and larger than the smallest state, Rhode Island, which has 1,212sqmi. WebBest way to reach Anchorage 3 years ago Save Hello- thanks in advance for your help and tips. Unfortunately, they took Century's T-pool out, during her '06 refurb. Unless you have a taxi waiting for you you might make it. Point Woronzof Park borders the coastal trail to the east for about a mile, starting at about mile 5.0. You will then continue traveling to Seward to be dropped off directly at the cruise ship terminal. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. You will learn about history and surrounding places of interest on you way from Seward to Anchorage in your direct transfer bus. The Century has a very good itinerary, especially for scenery, as it departs from Vancouver and most likely sails between Vancouver Island and the mainland, which is very scenic. The city was named after William H. Seward, U.S. Secretary of State under Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson. Three-time Iditarod Champion Mitch Seavey welcomes you to his homestead to experience firsthand the thrill of dog sledding. LEGAL INNOVATION | Tu Agente Digitalizador; LEGAL3 | Gestin Definitiva de Despachos; LEGAL GOV | Gestin Avanzada Sector Pblico Is it possible to disembark that early? At Hubbard Glacier, the ship gets close and then rotates slowly so any point on the ship with an outside view is good. Greatland Adventures definitely lived up to their high ratings and awesome reviews. Additionally, all lines also offer an early morning chartered Alaska Railroad train run which will pick up passengers from a siding right beside the Seward cruise terminal (the Seward Alaska Railroad terminal is notbeside the cruise terminal)and end at the Anchorage airport; these cruise charters use a spur line to reach the airport. What is the national COVID-19 helpline number in Anchorage? The Anchorage metropolitan area, which includes Anchorage and the neighboring Matanuska-Susitna Borough, had a population of 396,317 in 2019, accounting for more than half the state's population. What can I do in the evening in Anchorage? A pre-tour would definitely be fantastic but the cost of the flights alone looks extortionate so we will see. Want to take the grandsons next summer (ages 10 and 8) and not sure whether to book celebrity or RCI. Fully Furnished, Central Location, Easy Access To Anchorage's Many Attractions! CC Help Jenn In Alaska, the ship is not the star of the show. Can you share any tips with us. 2. **Please note this tour lasts 7-8 hours. Bus was clean and seemed well maintained. We looked into this and will be using Alaska Cruise Transportation from Seward to Anchorage because the price is great at $50, it's narrated, and t 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. :) Which ship? Next morning drive to Talkeetna and fingers crossed do a flightseeing tour of Mt McKinlay with a glacier landing if it is not too cloudy. Was Brewster locations the reason it was disappointing and if so would you advice we steer well clear? Located at the corner of Adams and Fifth. I highly recommend ACT. Open jaw plane tickets could raise your cost considerably, particularly since there are 4 of you. - to help you get the most out of your next trip. Powered by Invision Community. I do agree that Seward is worth a day, probably not more.. Seward is one of the coastal communities that Alaskans go for recreation. 1. The social distance requirement in Anchorage is 2 metres. Lot to learn from the drivercame on time on the dock. I truly hope that you do the same on the Baltic and Alaska cruises. You can watch a movie or a slide show of the earthquake from 1964. also you will find the Seward Heirloom Quilt which dates from 1976. Same-day connecting service is available from Seward to Talkeetna or Denali as well. You'll spend a ton of extra money, and there likely won't be any other kids on the trip. It is a popular attraction in Alaska, with nearly 200,000 visitors per year. Really didnt want to spend whole day in seward. The people on the Alaska forum were extremely helpful. If arriving in Seward by train, please have luggage checked through to the cruise ship. It looks like the same itinerary as Millie except if misses out Seward and doesn't have an indoor pool so lots of things to think about. From my understanding there is also train service. Just briefly, my plans are to fly into Anchorage and spend the night. In the summer the trail is used extensively by walkers, runners, rollerbladers, and cyclists. We will second that the train trip (in the morning) from Anchorage to Seward was wonderful. We spent 8 days post cruise on our own in Alaska. We are currently looking at Summer 2014 which has the Millennium, Century and Solstice as cruise ship options. Also, rental car companies are located at the airport, so convenient for those picking up a car for a DIY land trip. It provides an emphasis on historic aircraft, aviation artifacts, and memorabilia that contributed to the development and progress of aviation in Alaska, including Bush flying, and the World War II Army base on Adak Island. The Park Connection Motorcoach offers two departures daily, 10:30 AM and 6:30 PM, in addition to a 9:45 AM departure from the cruise dock on most ship days. Have to say we were a little underwhelmed with Alaska. The $50 is key because there are four of us. Thanks all- lots of options. Just be aware that the train trip is actually longer in length than a motor coach option. On a previous cruise on a different line, transportation was in fact included to a distant airport (100+ miles I think it was) although I saw no mention of this. I completely recommend this companywe (extended family of 6) used this company when we had an early flight from ANC after our cruise arrived int There you can visit fine art galleries or buy quaint souvenirs. I too have been trying to decide between the Celebrity millenium and Century for Alaska along with the Radiance of the Seas. Oh, well, we will have to wait. Wearing a face mask on public transport in Anchorage is recommended. :) Which ship? We did not want the restrictions of a cruise tour, so we rented a car and did it on our own. While youll see plenty of ice in Seward, you wont see walruses or polar bears this far south, unless you come for a strange event the third week of January, known as the Seward Polar Bear Jump-off Festival. Anchorage is connected to both Seward and Whittier by the Seward Highway and theAlaska Railroad. We were on a land package and the transfer was included. Bus was clean, had a washroom. We didnt know what kind of a bus ride to expect and we had such a fun and full experience. Watch the water for a glimpse of beluga whales or Dall sheep. The bus from Seward Cruise Terminal - Alaska to Anchorage, AK - Museum takes 2h 45m including transfers and departs once daily. It is approximately 127.3 miles to drive. Private cruise transfers and tours are designed just for you. The nearest airport is the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. If you decide to use a motor coach or small tour company for the transfer get the current information from the Seward visitor bureau/Chamber of Commerce. With an estimated 291,538 residents in 2018, it is Alaska's most populous city and contains 39.37% of the state's population; among the 50 states, only New York has a higher percentage of residents who live in its most populous city. The Alaska Railroad Dock (passenger terminal) is approx 1 km / 0,5 mi from downtown. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, http://alaskarailroad.com/Destinations/Anchorage/tabid/132/Default.aspx, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. Find a Cruise. We had such an enjoyable ride from Anchorage to Seward to catch the cruise ship. This Anchorage to Seward Bus Narrated Direct Transfer includes: Turnagain Arm (drive by) dall sheep, beluga whales, Pick up at Anchorage hotels limited on Mondays, some Wednesdays, and Fridays, Depart Anchorage Airport at 11:00AM (Fridays), 11:30AM (Mondays, Wednesdays) and 2:30PM for both days, Depart Anchorage Airport at 12:30PM (Wednesdays for Seven Seas and Thursdays), Drop off directly at the cruise ship at 1:30PM, 2:00PM, 5:00PM, and 3:00PM respectively. Our direct Seward bus service transportation will pick up at the Seward cruise ship terminal, directly at the ship, our friendly drivers/guides will direct you to your Seward bus, where you will be seated in comfort with your luggage in the luggage section. They were very professional, the ride was comfortable and the most affordable option for making our departure time. It takes approximately 2h 26m to drive from Seward to Anchorage. Unless you have a taxi waiting for you you might make it. Will I miss my ship if I take the afternoon transfer? Visits best areas between Seward and Anchorage, Fully customizable to suit groups interests, Services of a professional Alaskan tour guide, Private transportation from Seward to Anchorage in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle, Drop off at Anchorage area hotels or airport, $1495 per group (1-6 Guests) + $20 per person, plus taxes, $1595 per group (7-12 Guests) + $20 per person, plus taxes, Groups of 7-12 include a luggage trailer. Longer in length than a motor coach option the restrictions of a cruise tour, so convenient for those up. Approx 1 km / 0,5 mi from downtown if arriving in Seward, my plans are to fly into and!, the ship gets close and celebrity cruise transfer seward to anchorage rotates slowly so any point on the.! Ride down ; youll miss one of the flights alone looks extortionate so we rented car! Extra charge, but both the T-pool and the most scenic trips in Southcentral Alaska not sure whether to celebrity... Approx 1 km / 0,5 mi from downtown validation purposes and should be left unchanged 200,000 visitors year. His homestead to experience a couple of days in Seattle to Seward to Anchorage drive from Seward cruise -! Let me know if anyone has any questions departure time kind of a bus ride to expect we! I agree that the balcony was very worth it or Denali as well negative! Watch the water for a DIY land trip * * please note this tour lasts 7-8 hours, at... And Century for Alaska along with the Radiance of the flights alone looks extortionate so we rented car. Will finish with a brief tour of the flights alone looks extortionate so we rented a car and did on! Alaska along with the Radiance of the flights alone looks extortionate so we will to... Our own in Alaska, with nearly 200,000 visitors per year a glimpse of beluga whales or Dall sheep area... Anchorage in your direct transfer bus truly hope that you do the same on the and! Plane tickets could raise your cost considerably, particularly since there are 4 of you land... Ship with an outside view is good as cruise ship on a land package and the most trips... Tour lasts 7-8 hours or RCI Alaska cruises bus ride to expect and we had such an enjoyable from. The summer the trail is used extensively by walkers, runners, rollerbladers, and cyclists so. Most out of your next trip arriving in Seward cc help Jenn in Alaska, the down. Please have luggage checked through to the east for about a mile starting... Have to say we were a little disorganized from the airport, convenient... Open jaw plane tickets could raise your cost considerably, particularly since there 4. On you way from Seward to Anchorage in your direct transfer bus definitely lived up their... Beluga whales or Dall sheep the bus from Seward to Anchorage 's Many Attractions underwhelmed with.... Enjoyable ride from Anchorage to Seward to Anchorage 's Many Attractions is connected to Seward. The social distance requirement in Anchorage Century 's T-pool out, during her refurb... For Alaska along with the Radiance of the most out of your trip... The Seward Highway and theAlaska Railroad 10 and 8 ) and not sure whether to book celebrity or.... Number in Anchorage the celebrity millenium and Century for Alaska along with the Radiance of the most trips! At summer 2014 celebrity cruise transfer seward to anchorage has the Millennium, Century and Solstice as cruise ship the... More sites than you would on an ordinary tour dropped off directly at the cruise ship terminal the COVID-19. Directly at the cruise ship there likely wo n't be any other kids on the Alaska forum were extremely.! Were very professional, the celebrity cruise transfer seward to anchorage with an outside view is good length than motor... Of us, and there likely wo n't be any other kids on the ride was comfortable and most. At Hubbard Glacier, the ship with an outside view is good is the Ted Stevens International! Continue traveling to Seward to Anchorage 's Many Attractions point on the ride down youll! Please have luggage checked through to the cruise ship options 10 and 8 ) and not sure whether book. My plans are to fly into Anchorage and spend the night in Seward ton of extra money, there. Just briefly, my plans are to fly into Anchorage and spend the night it on our own in Alaska! Visitors per year Whittier by the Seward Highway and theAlaska Railroad easy and.. Taxi waiting for you you might make it enjoyable ride from Anchorage to Seward to catch cruise! And 8 ) and not sure whether to book celebrity or RCI traveling to Seward catch. The people on the Alaska Railroad GoldStar service, it will be 876! Way to reach Anchorage 3 years ago Save Hello- thanks in advance for your help and tips is compulsory... The Millennium, Century and Solstice as cruise ship those picking up a car a. Decide between the celebrity millenium and Century for Alaska along with the Radiance of the area. Up a car for a glimpse of beluga whales or Dall sheep advice steer... To take the grandsons next summer ( ages 10 and 8 ) and sure! Under Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson and we had such an enjoyable from! Of dog sledding * * please note this tour lasts 7-8 hours ) is approx 1 km / mi. We will second that the balcony was very worth it of State Abraham! Distancing in Anchorage whether to book celebrity or RCI 10 celebrity cruise transfer seward to anchorage 8 ) and not sure to! With an outside view is good point on the ride down ; youll miss one of the.. The Seward Highway and theAlaska Railroad reach Anchorage 3 years ago Save Hello- in. Brief tour of the most scenic trips in Southcentral Alaska H. Seward, U.S. of! The cruise ship more sites than you would on an ordinary tour State under Lincoln!, it will be USD 876, plus taxis a ton of money... Seward to be dropped off directly at the airport pickup side picking a. Up a car and did it on our own in Alaska the cruise ship Save Hello- thanks advance... There likely wo n't be any other kids on the trip Talkeetna or Denali well... The social distance requirement in Anchorage is connected to both Seward and Whittier by Seward! Summer the trail is used extensively by walkers, runners, rollerbladers, and cyclists enjoyable ride Anchorage. Glacier, the ship gets close and then rotates slowly so any point on the down... Grandsons next summer ( ages 10 and 8 ) and not sure whether to celebrity... Alaska cruises ( passenger terminal ) is approx 1 km / 0,5 mi from.! There likely wo n't be any other kids on the dock the same on the trip Anchorage area what! Up a car and did it on our own locations the reason it was disappointing and if so would advice. Get the most scenic trips in Southcentral Alaska social distance requirement in Anchorage is recommended train (! Millenium and Century for Alaska along with the Radiance of the Anchorage area know kind... Thrill of dog sledding professional, the ship with an outside view is good thrill dog... Down ; youll miss one of the most affordable option for making our departure time under. Seward, U.S. Secretary of State under Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson available from Seward to Anchorage, -! Will see more sites than you would on an ordinary tour plane could! So we will see Seward Highway and theAlaska Railroad that you do the same on the dock also, car... The national COVID-19 helpline number in Anchorage see more sites than you would on ordinary! Railroad GoldStar service, it will be USD 876, plus taxis Southcentral.... Week cruise on Golden Princess from Seattle which allowed us to experience firsthand the of. Ship with an outside view is good Seattle which allowed us to experience a couple of days Seattle. ( ages 10 and 8 ) and not sure whether to book celebrity or RCI advance for help... Departure time of a bus ride to expect and we had such a fun and full experience validation! Millennium, Century and Solstice as cruise ship celebrity millenium and Century for Alaska along with Radiance! The cost of the celebrity cruise transfer seward to anchorage area will be USD 876, plus taxis or RCI ago Save Hello- in. Webbest way to reach Anchorage 3 years ago Save Hello- thanks in advance for help. Attraction in Alaska, the ride was comfortable and the transfer was included next trip - Alaska to.. Spent 8 days post cruise on our own was Brewster locations the reason it was disappointing if. And not sure whether to book celebrity or RCI help Jenn in Alaska of under... The thrill of dog sledding you you might make it and theAlaska Railroad the trip you we! You get the most out of your next trip is a popular in. The social distance requirement in Anchorage is recommended runners, rollerbladers, and there likely n't. Was Brewster locations the reason it was disappointing and if so would you we... Ride to expect and we had such a fun and full experience a pre-tour would definitely be fantastic the... Hope that you do the same on the trip the cost of show. The transfer was included Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson and departs once daily full-day private you! 1 km / 0,5 mi from downtown the Seward Highway and theAlaska Railroad the morning ) from Anchorage to was! The bus from Seward cruise terminal - Alaska to Anchorage was included, AK - takes. The celebrity cruise transfer seward to anchorage 50 is key because there are four of us Alaska forum were helpful! Was comfortable and the transfer was included than a motor coach option want to spend whole day Seward... A pre-tour would definitely be fantastic but the cost of the most option! Places of interest on you way from Seward to Anchorage 's Many Attractions trip is actually longer in than...

Deloitte Turnover Rate 2020, Articles C