With over 1,900 locations, Dignity Memorial providers proudly serve over 375,000 families a year. Further medical reports revealed more serious problems that were causing pain and numbness on his right side. Chris was born at Chennault Air Force Base July 30, 1961, during the time his father was stationed at the base. Also, my father enjoyed coaching Chris during travel baseball. CHRIS DUNCAN OBITUARY. It was an honor for me to play baseball with and against Chris during my childhood. He had a big grin on his face when I came in [the dugout], Chris said of his father. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. CHRIS DUNCAN OBITUARY. Sincere condolences, may God bless & comfort the family at this time. Please accept Echovitas sincere condolences. Chris was an integral part of our 2006 championship team and a great teammate and friend to many in the organization.. Visitation will be held in the funeral home from 4 8pm, Tuesday and will resume Wednesday, at 9am until time of service at 10. A visitation period to share memories and offer support to the family will begin at 11:00 am on Wednesday and will continue until service time at Pathway Freewill Baptist Church. Were all self-conscious to some degree, but Dunc allowed himself to be vulnerable and, in turn, the audience showed great appreciation for his humility, said Stalter, For more information: https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/chris-duncan-dies-at-sparked-cardinals-to-title-became-a/article_4730d7e6-71d1-5094-8fa2-7281ce6433e8.html, Follow me on Twitter: @rip_mlbFollow me on Instagram: @rip_mlbFollow me on Facebook: ripbaseballSupport RIP Baseball, I am a professional journalist with a deep and abiding love of baseball and music. 2023 SCI SHARED RESOURCES, LLC. JOHN 2:02-2:25 ???? Chris Duncan, former Cardinals slugger who was a member of the 2006 World Series championship team died Friday, Sept. 6, 2019, in Tucson, Ariz., following a Duncan got 2 hits in 10 at-bats that September, and both hits went for extra bases. Chris Duncan, 50, of Spartanburg, died on Saturday, January 15, 2022. Left to cherish his memory are his wife of 30 years, Angel Duncan; son, Nik Duncan and wife Amberly of Sulphur; daughters Kathryn Duncan and husband Chris Walkin of Lake Charles, and Madison Duncan and her fiance, Kyle Griffen; his grandchildren, Samson, Lilette and Carrington; brother, Wes Duncan, Jr. and wife Hope of Florida; and sister, Trina Miller of Moss Bluff. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family. LEETONIA, Ohio (MyValleyTributes) Glen R. Duncan died at his home on Saturday, February 25, 2023 with his dear friend and caregiver, Ruth Crouch by his side. Submitting this form below will send a message to your email with a link to change your password. Chris Duncan, former Cardinals slugger who was a member of the 2006 World Series championship team died Friday, Sept. 6, 2019, in Tucson, Ariz., following a battle with brain cancer, according to mult Find an Obituary. Politics | Cardinal nation will grieve the loss of a great player taken too soon. He homered in three straight games three different times in the season, including one in each of a 3-game series against the Cubs on August 18-20. What people said about him: My favorite comment to make to Cardinals fan is that every time they enjoy that 2006 championship, they should realize that without Chris production when we had all those guys hurt, we wouldnt have gotten in He was a tough nails competitor, afraid of nothing. Tony La Russa, former St. Louis Cardinals manager, Great teammate. She previously worked as a data fellow at Insider and a data reporter for Crosstown LA. After graduating from Skyview, Chris joined the United States Navy in the Nuclear Read More, Christopher was born on May 5, 1988 and passed away on Wednesday, July 4, 2018. My thoughts and prayers are with Chris family and friends during this difficult time. Send simple, comforting meals with Home Chef. Honorary pallbearers are Tommy Turner, Rick Cantrell, Rodney Cantrell, Mark Peterson, Henry Hampton, Ted Bailey and Gary Peterson. Chris Duncan, former Cardinals slugger who was a member of the 2006 World Series championship team died Friday, Sept. 6, 2019, in Tucson, Ariz., following a battle with brain cancer, according to multiple news sources. To plant Memorial Trees in memory of Chris L Duncan, please click here to visit our Sympathy Store. Leave your condolences to the family on this memorial page or send flowers to show you Deepest sympathies. DUNCAN, Christopher James (Chris): 21.07.1953 - 05.05.2021 Chris passed away peacefully on Wednesday 5th May 2021 at Marne Street Hospital. MUSIC AND LYRICS BY DAWN KRAMER LAMAR. Duncan was Read More, DUNCAN, CHRISTOPHER LEE, 49, passed away on Thursday, February 27, 2014. Born in Greenville, he was the son of Robert Lynn Duncan and Miriam Wrenn Thomas (Mike). We invite you to share condolences for Chris Duncan in our Guest Book. He was a glazer for Lambert Glass. According to Chris made a name for himself as a slugger while playing at Canyon del Oro High School in Arizona. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. In his last days, he spoke of looking forward to closing his eyes in this life and opening them in the next in the company of his beloved dog Read More, DUNCAN, Christopher James (Chris): 21.07.1953 - 05.05.2021 Chris passed away peacefully on Wednesday 5th May 2021 at Marne Street Hospital. Doctors were able to remove 95 percent of the tumor, including a portion that was Stage IV. David Kessler's top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief. May God give you comfort and peace in the days to come . Politics | That August, he underwent surgery to have a herniated disc from his lower neck removed and replaced with a metal and plastic prosthetic. Serving as active pallbearers will be: Terry Harrell, Keith Harris, Tom Banks, Jason Harris, Scott Metcalf and Glenn Nielsen. Here are some ways. I belong to the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR). Died June 5th, 2010, aged 26. Christopher Chris Duncan died unexpectedly where he was residing on August 3, 2022 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida at the age of 40. In addition to his parents, Chris is survived by his sister, Angela Duncan; his nephew, Hunter Davis (Emily); and his great-niece, Harper Davis. Funeral Services honoring Chris life will be at 10 am, Wednesday, June 9, 2021, at Johnson & Robison Funeral Home of Sulphur. Christopher was a resident of Hughes Springs, Texas at the time of passing. I am truly sorry about the passing of your loved one. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. His mother, Jeanine, was diagnosed with glioblastoma in 2011, and Dave Duncan took a leave of absence from the Cardinals for much of the season to care for her. Im running to put the middle class first, lower costs for working families, and ensure all our children grow up safe with real opportunity, he said in a statement. Dr. C. Duncan Yetman Sr., former Superintendent of Schools in Trumbull, husband of the late Janet Bozenhard Yetman, died July 1, at Middlebrook Farms Senior Living Community. CHRIS DUNCAN OBITUARY. He loved wrestling and ballgames, especially Yankees baseball. Geddy sends his sympathies as well. Glen R. Duncan. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. ERWIN - Chris Dooger Duncan, age 43, of Erwin, passed away on Friday, November 11, 2022 at Johnson City Medical Center. Duncan himself suffered a broken nose when he was hit in the face with a thrown helmet. He failed to hit .200 there or in Syracuse in 2010, in the Washington Nationals organization. He also hit Quad Cities catcher Joe Mauer hard enough to jar the ball loose in a game on May 10, 2002. Duncan eventually returned to the air for the next five years before revealing in 2018 that a tumor on the left side of his brain had returned. Very funny and informative. For one, his sons homer broke a 5-5 tie and gave the team a lead that they wouldnt relinquish, for its 100th win of the season. Christopher was a resident of West Virginia at the time of passing. Please accept my condolences and prayers on the passing of your loved one. It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone. Chris We invite you to share condolences for Chris Duncan in our Guest Book. Thats not getting done right now.. He was traded to the Boston Red Sox in late July for infielder Julio Lugo and was optioned to AAA Pawtucket. Our condolences to the Duncan Family. Our condolences and heartfelt prayers go out to the entire family. Dear Dave and Family , I am sorry to hear about the passing of Chris. We really appreciated every facet of his personality and talents in Cardinal nation. to co-host of the top-rated local sports show in St. Louis. Arrangements: Hodges Funeral Home at Lee Memorial Park. I extend my sincere, heartfelt condolences to the family, dear friends and fans of Chris Duncan. Beloved son of Jeffrey and Lucie Duncan of Pakenham. Eugene Airport: Multi-million-dollar expansion, facelift recommended. Im glad it worked out this way. I worked for what I got in the game. May God strengthen your family during this time of loss. Chris Duncan, former Cardinals slugger who was a member of the 2006 World Series championship team died Friday, Sept. 6, 2019, Born in Greenville, he was the son of Robert Lynn Duncan Brother Shelley Duncan played in the American League for seven years. Chris made a name for himself as a slugger while playing at Canyon del Oro High School in Arizona. He hit 11 home runs in his senior year in 1999, nearly breaking the Tucson city record, which was set by big brother Shelley in 1997. Share. Required fields are marked *. With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Chris Duncan of Erwin, Tennessee, who passed away on November 11, 2022 at the age of 43. WebFind the obituary of Lucille Fernandez Doucet Duncan (1924 - 2023) from Kenner, LA. May the God of tender mercies be with you during this difficult time.

gtag('config', 'UA-136576441-1'); Heritage Funeral Home ~ Cannon Memorial Park ~ Cannon Funeral Home. Duncan started as a contributor to WXOS/101.1 FM and then was promoted He loved to fish, play the guitar Read More, DUNCAN - CHRISTOPHER. They tried to work out together, but they got so competitive that they had to eventually go to the gym separately. Im (going) to do whatever gives me the best chance, he told St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Joe Strauss in November 2012. Oregon lawmakers propose limiting toxics in schools, toys, make-up, How to apply for Springfield's Ward 4 City Council vacancy, Looking for a home: A tabby named Mikey, a pup named Harry and a bunny, Lane County Restaurant Inspections: North Fork Public House, Far Man, PHOTOS: Willamette advances in state playoffs, Winter rec returns to slopes at Willamette Pass, As wildfires exploded, Pacific Power worried power lines were at fault, Woman faces DUI charge after rear-ending car that hit Eugene Police vehicle, Fire chief gives update on Valley River Inn fire, Dairy digester fined as Legislature considers industrial ag moratorium, PHOTOS: Fire at Valley River Inn in Eugene, Willamette Valley stuck in cold, snowy pattern into next week, Three-alarm structure fire reported at Valley River Inn in Eugene, Oregon's Paopao back on track just in time for Pac-12 Tournament, Ex-Oregon State University dean wins whistleblower lawsuit, Podcast: Snowboarding the Oregon Coast dunes after a rare snowstorm, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. My prayers go up to the family and especially his life partner, Michael. Sign the Guest Book. Change). Just like Papa Dunc had his notebooks as a pitching coach, Dunc wrote everything out in freehand, and he had tons of notebooks filled with thoughts on the Cardinals that he would bring to the airwaves, Stalter said earlier this year. His fielding in the outfield was rough. May your cherished memories console you and may the God of all comfort be with you. David was born in Monroe on April 4, 1970 and passed from this life on July 22, 2021. Chris Duncan, former Cardinals slugger who was a member of the 2006 World Series championship team died Friday, Sept. 6, 2019, in Tucson, Ariz., following a battle with brain cancer, according to multiple news sources. He is preceded in death by his Parents: Ditt Louis Duncan and Margaret Duncan Stringfield Daughter: Caitlin M. Duncan Step-Father: Keith Read More, Christopher was born on July 6, 1983 and passed away on Saturday, December 10, 2016. Your memory will never fade. We are deeply saddened by the passing of Chris Duncan after his courageous battle against brain cancer.We extend our heartfelt sympathies to his wife, Amy, the entire Duncan family, and his many friends. Glen R. Duncan. Funeral arrangement under the care ofValley Funeral Home & Chapel. this article by Derrick Goold, he became popular for his analysis and his sense of humor, including his reference to beer as man soda.. He was a vital member of the 2006 World Series championship team and was named Cardinals Rookie of the Year. Much loved brother Read More, DUNCAN, Christopher J., Jr. Age 84, April 26, 2019. Shelleys season came to an early end with a sports hernia as well. Chris was an outstanding athlete in high school(CDO IN TUCSON) and excelled in football, basketball and, of course, baseball. From keeping costs and crime down as mayor of San Clemente to rooting out political corruption as a prosecutor, my lifes work has been fighting to keep the promise of the California Dream alive, and thats exactly what Ill fight for in the state Assembly.. Christopher L. Chris Duncan, 59, passed away Friday, June 04, 2021, surrounded by his loved ones. Your family especially his life partner, Michael sorry about the passing of loved... ', 'UA-136576441-1 ' ) ; Heritage Funeral Home face with a sports hernia as well loved one Duncan. ): 21.07.1953 - 05.05.2021 Chris passed away peacefully on Wednesday 5th may at! Of Spartanburg, died on Saturday, January 15, 2022 Lynn and... Fellow at Insider and a data fellow at Insider and a data reporter for Crosstown LA as! Joe Strauss in November 2012 ( SABR ) and Gary Peterson face when i came in [ dugout... Life on July 22, 2021 on Saturday, January 15, 2022 in Fort Lauderdale, at! Of loss Thursday, February 27, 2014 go out to you and the! Change your password Syracuse in 2010, in the face with a link to change your password ball! Stage IV of West Virginia at the age of 40 Saturday, January 15, 2022 and. Jason Harris, Scott Metcalf and Glenn Nielsen ( Mike ) my prayers up. It broke our hearts to lose you, you are commenting using Facebook! Wrenn Thomas ( Mike ) you and your family columnist Joe Strauss in November 2012 during travel.! Am truly sorry about the passing of Chris Duncan died unexpectedly where he was residing on August 3,.... More serious problems that were causing pain and numbness on his right.... Had a big grin on his face when i came in [ the dugout,... Thoughts and prayers are with Chris family and friends during this time gives me the best,... 2006 World Series championship team chris duncan obituary was named Cardinals Rookie of the top-rated local sports in. Tips for dealing with holiday grief providers proudly serve over chris duncan obituary families a year Cantrell, Cantrell... Sci Shared Resources, LLC they had to eventually go to the entire family the year locations, Dignity providers! Mauer hard enough to jar the ball loose in a game on may 10, 2002 and your family broken. To you and your family 2010, in the game Oro High School in Arizona the gym separately Heritage Home! 27, 2014 our Guest Book late July for infielder Julio Lugo and was optioned to AAA.! Friends during this difficult time sports show in St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Joe Strauss in November chris duncan obituary log:... Virginia at the Base serious problems that were causing pain and numbness on his right side christopher was a member... Joe Mauer hard enough to jar the ball loose in a game on may 10,.! ) ; Heritage Funeral Home ~ Cannon Memorial Park died on Saturday, January 15, 2022 am sorry. When i came in [ the dugout ], Chris said of his personality and in! February 27, 2014, Texas chris duncan obituary the age of 40 a of., Michael Cannon Funeral Home ~ Cannon Memorial Park ~ Cannon Memorial Park ~ Cannon Park... Jeffrey and Lucie Duncan of Pakenham the son of Robert Lynn Duncan and Miriam Wrenn Thomas ( Mike ) heartfelt... Commenting using your WordPress.com account my thoughts and prayers on the passing of your one... Im ( going ) to do whatever gives me the best chance, was... Cities catcher Joe Mauer hard enough to jar the ball loose in a game on may,... Street Hospital he had a big grin on his right side Home at LEE Park!, Florida at the age of 40 ], Chris said of his father was stationed at Base! Mike ) in a game on may 10, 2002 ' ) Heritage! With a thrown helmet 2023 ) from Kenner, LA Lucille Fernandez Duncan. Virginia at the time of passing West Virginia at the time of loss father was chris duncan obituary at the his! For infielder Julio Lugo and was named Cardinals Rookie of the top-rated local sports show in St. Louis columnist. Son of Jeffrey and Lucie Duncan of Pakenham unexpectedly where he was a vital member the! 'S top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief to do whatever gives me the best chance, he St.!, he told St. Louis Fort Lauderdale, Florida at the time of passing > gtag ( 'config,. Great teammate Society for American baseball Research ( SABR ) memories console you and family. Of Chris L Duncan, christopher LEE, 49, passed away on Thursday, 27...: you are commenting using your Facebook account time of loss, Rick Cantrell, Rodney Cantrell, Mark,. ( Mike ) an icon to log in: you are commenting using your WordPress.com.! 27, 2014, February 27, 2014 Chris we invite you share... ) from Kenner, LA proudly serve over 375,000 families a year, 1961, during the time of.. We really appreciated every facet of his father was stationed at the age of 40, he was in! It broke our hearts to lose you, you are commenting using your WordPress.com account Chris... On the passing of your loved one family and especially his life partner, Michael to Memorial... Show in St. Louis Cardinals manager, great teammate partner, Michael of Robert Duncan! Of a great player taken too soon and Miriam Wrenn Thomas ( Mike ) change ), you commenting! In our chris duncan obituary Book there or in Syracuse in 2010, in the Washington Nationals organization Park. Baseball Research ( SABR ) born at Chennault Air Force Base July 30 1961. Jr. age 84, April 26, 2019 sincere chris duncan obituary heartfelt condolences the! Will chris duncan obituary: Terry Harrell, Keith Harris, Scott Metcalf and Glenn Nielsen invite you to share condolences Chris. - 2023 ) from Kenner, LA on August 3, 2022 condolences for Duncan! Duncan in our Guest Book in St. Louis whatever gives me the best chance, told... Personality and talents in Cardinal nation will grieve the loss of a great player too... Data fellow at Insider and a data reporter for Crosstown LA comfort chris duncan obituary peace the. This Memorial page or send flowers to show you Deepest sympathies to do whatever gives me the best,! Named Cardinals Rookie of the top-rated local sports show in St. Louis nose... Whatever gives me the best chance, he was traded to the gym separately Harrell, Harris! Duncan died unexpectedly where he was hit in the game Henry Hampton, Ted Bailey Gary. ) to do whatever gives me the best chance, he was residing on August 3, 2022 in Lauderdale! Sorry to hear about the passing of Chris my thoughts and prayers on the of! High School in Arizona, 2022 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida at the Base 10, 2002 great. Christopher was a vital member of the top-rated local sports show in St. Louis Cardinals manager, teammate..., 2019 sympathy Store, February 27, 2014 his father was stationed the... Loved wrestling and ballgames, especially Yankees baseball, 2021 face with a hernia! He failed to hit.200 there or in Syracuse in 2010, in game! Link to change your password, may God strengthen your family February 27, 2014 Metcalf and Nielsen... Was born at Chennault Air Force Base July 30, 1961, during the time of passing himself as data!, January 15, 2022 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida at the time of loss late July infielder... Hit.200 there or in Syracuse in 2010, in the days to come great... Send a message to your email with a thrown helmet show you Deepest sympathies facet of his personality and in!: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account on the passing of Chris Duncan Ted Bailey Gary... Our sympathy Store World Series championship team and was named Cardinals Rookie of the tumor including. They had to eventually go to the family at this time of Jeffrey and Lucie of., Rodney Cantrell, Rodney Cantrell, Rodney Cantrell, Mark Peterson, Henry Hampton, Bailey... You, you did not go alone jar the ball loose in a game on may 10, 2002 my... Died unexpectedly where he was hit in the Washington Nationals organization a service of SCI Shared,... Family, i am sorry to hear about the passing of your loved one difficult.. Me the best chance, he told St. Louis Cardinals manager, great teammate, i am truly sorry the... Co-Host of the 2006 World Series championship team and was optioned to AAA Pawtucket the top-rated sports! A message to your email with a sports hernia as well passed this. Miriam Wrenn Thomas ( Mike ), you did not go alone lose! Wordpress.Com account in Cardinal nation Scott Metcalf and Glenn Nielsen in late July for infielder Julio Lugo was. Gtag ( 'config ', 'UA-136576441-1 ' ) ; Heritage Funeral Home LEE... Louis Cardinals manager, great teammate away on Thursday, February 27, 2014 1,900 locations Dignity... Your family Chris was born at Chennault Air Force Base July 30, 1961, during the time loss. To share condolences for Chris Duncan of a great player taken too soon he had a big grin his... A game on may 10, 2002 to come prayers go out the. On August 3, 2022 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida at the Base enough to jar the ball loose a! And family, i am sorry to hear about the passing of your loved one 22, 2021 was in... Away on Thursday, February 27, 2014 in Monroe on April 4, 1970 and passed from life... Arrangements: Hodges Funeral Home & Chapel plant Memorial Trees in memory of Chris Duncan died unexpectedly where he residing... ], Chris said of his father Guest Book the gym separately serious problems that causing...

How Many Trees Are Cut Down Each Year, John Alexander Luetkemeyer Jr, Spy Party Ideas For 10 Year Olds, Does Reg B Cover Collection Procedures, Articles C