8:30 AM Notice is hereby given that a General Election will be held in the City of Clarkston on Tuesday, November 2, 2021, to elect three (3) Council Members to the Clarkston City Council. The term of office is four (4) years, and the elected officials will be sworn in at the January 2022 meeting of the City Council. 4. She spoke up when residents werent notified about a large development proposed for their neighborhood. Susan has already managed a multi-million budget and made critical decisions that impact DeKalb Countys residents. Under O.C.G.A. Clarkston Zoning Rewrite: The draft report is being prepared for the public review. If you appreciate our work on this story, pleasebecome a paying supporter. I have felt for a while now that the world we live in has become a bit polarized in its view, Rodgers said. WebMembers Stuart A. Bikson - Mayor Nancy Salvia - Mayor Pro Tem Mark Albrecht - Council Member Douglas Gould - Council Member Marilyn Trent - Council Member Ann Peterson - Council Member Steve Sage - Council Member About the City Council Wolves hoops squad honors seniors with win over Troy; district play tipping off this week, Mountaineers head into playoffs with wins, Stuffsites, LLC Full service web and software development. The city received a Georgia Economic Placemaking Collaboration grant of $500. She is a champion for open government and the rights of citizens. Here is her report: 1. Clarkston has done a great job. The city council awarded a $132,185 contract to Russell Landscaping for right-of-way maintenance and landscaping. As a community activist, I have committed my time and experience, gained over a 20+ year career in local government, to help residents organize, understand how government functions and how to empower themselves. Qualified Candidates ( as of 8-18 -2021 -4:30pm). Beverly also participated in the 2020 Class of Leadership DeKalb. NOTICE OF GENERAL ELECTION QUALIFIED CANDIDATES AND REGISTRATION, Voting will take place at the two precincts: Clarkston First Baptist Church Family Life Center at 400, Church Street, and the Clarkston Community Center at 3, :00 p.m. Any person who is a resident of the City of Clarkston. Topic: CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION In September, the city council passed a temporary moratorium on car washes that expires in March. It includes issues of equal access, undue influence, transparency, following established procedures, and honest and unbiased communication with residents. The City of Clarkston City Hall and City Offices are now open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:30a.m.-4:30p.m., except for federal holidays. Website designed by Maia Wells. It is my duty to not just preserve what is there but encourage growth according to the wishes and wants of my neighbors. Dawit Tax & Insurance Service has been serving Clarkston and other surrounding cities, Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. Click here. Ensuring that new development both economic and residential benefits residents and recognizes the unique character of our city; enhancing public safety and quality of life; protecting our environment; supporting low-income residents through partnerships for job training and greater access to job opportunities. 2. Create events such as Shop Clarkston and Dine Out in Clarkston; feature local businesses in our publications, partner with near-by cities for larger events and greater exposure for our businesses. She is a member of the Prevention Research Center - Georgia State University Community Advisory Board, Clarkston COVID-19 Task Force, and Sagal Radio. Mayor Burks held her Swearing In Ceremony on November 30,2020. As Clarkston grows our available parks, maintains our existing nature preserves, and balances development while preserving our urban tree canopy, we need leaders like Susan to create policies to accomplish these goals. For more, Today we welcome to the Clarkston Police Department family Ofc. Clarkston, GA At its Feb. 28 work session, the Clarkston city council made plans to repeal the resolution declaring a COVID-19-related state of emergency, which the city council voted to extend last January. Information About Yard Debris, Bulk Items and Special Pick Ups, Planning and Zoning Committee Application, Sign Up for Free Clarkston Police Community Classes, NOTICE OF GENERAL ELECTION QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATION, Notice Of General Election November 2, 2021: Qualified Candidates, Clarkston Senior Resident Advisory Committee, Seeking Applicants - Clarkston Historic Preservation Commission, Small Business Matching Faade Grant Program. I dont imagine that every vote I cast will be applauded by every resident, but I certainly will welcome and honor each individual perspective. The Mayor and Council members are elected to serve a four year term of office and serve Clarkston at large (the entire city). You want to elect people who will listen to the community, make wise decisions for the entire Instead, the council will combine that grant with next years grant to pay for street improvement projects within the city. The skill sets obtained in the above positions allow Susan to lead and work with teams and analyze information. As a native of Clarkston and former city council member, I know what it takes to do the job and I see in Susan Hood all those qualities. City of Clarkston voters MUST Vote at their designated precinct. Now the If you missed the event, you can view onFacebook. To become a supporter, clickhere. Clarkston, Georgia 30021. Draw on the many benefits of cultural diversity, be mindful of those differences when establishing programs and policies, partner with agencies and nonprofits for assistance, continue police training on serving in a multicultural setting, eliminate barriers to full participation in our community. Earle. Only one candidate qualified for the mayor Seat - Beverly H. Burks. Want Decaturish delivered to your inbox every day? The idea of opening ones mind to what may be different from your own, to compromise, is becoming less and less the norm. Easy as. As co-chair of the Charter Review Committee, I advocated for a focus on ethics in government and one of the CRCs recommendations was the creation of an Ethics Review Committee to strengthen our ethics ordinance. City of Clarkston, Georgia. Road Closure Alert: Rowland St (Between Norman Rd. Thank you to our community for your support. The both Meetings start at 7:00pm, in the City Council Chambers, 3921 Church Street, Clarkston, GA 30021. Fuller noted that knowing many people who have served the city in various capacities can only benefit him in his new role. On a personal note, Susan and I have become close friends in the past year. The city increased pedestrian/cyclist safety by installing both mechanized crossing at major streets and traffic calming devices. The term of office is four (4) years, and the elected officials will be sworn in at the January 2022 meeting of the City Council. In all cases, I have found people are willing to share their thoughts if someone is willing to listen. 1055 Rowland Street. The property is at the corner of North Decatur Road and Church Street. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. The City of Clarkston will wait 7 days, the required period for any persons that published the required notification and affidavit to be considered a write-in candidate. Flock Safety is working with the Clarkston Police Department to conduct a pilot program testing the utilization of drones as first responders. When this thinking happens, if it invades our town, we all lose. She organized a community forum on zoning and land use planning. 20 years experience in local governments in Atlanta and DeKalb County, Co-chair of the Clarkston Charter Review Committee, Member of the Clarkston Planning and Zoning Board, Member of the Clarkston Zoning Rewrite Technical Advisory Committee, Member of Clarkstons Housing and Infrastructure Advisory Committee. Gary Casey CaseyG@VillageofClarkston.org. Polling occurs at the Clarkston First Baptist Church (3895 Church Street, Clarkston, GA 30021). Interested residents should complete theCharter Review Committee Applicationand submit to the City Clerk. Council Member Awet Eyasu; Council Member Jamie Carroll; Vice-Mayor/ Council Member Debra Johnson; Councilmember Laura Hopkins; Council Member I bring experience gained through a 20-year career in local government, a passion for service and a commitment to honesty and openness. destination exploration recreation Events Pay My Bill Contact Us COVID-19 Council Meeting. So, I am very pleased that someone of Susans caliber has decided to run. Need assistance with utility bill? Al Avery, attorney at Avery Law PLC, has lived in Clarkston for 15 years. Comprehensive Planning and the Livable Centers Initiative, Amendment to Zoning Conditions Application, Building Permit Application /Buidling Permit Submital Requirements, Subdivision (Sketch/Final Plat) Application, Renewing Your Occupational Tax Certificate, Required Documents for Application Completion. On Wednesday December 14 2022 at approximately 4, HAPPY HALLOWEEN I suggest we need to continue the moratorium on the types of things that concern us in that corner and re-do this as a town center district, which would allow for mixed use.. Clarkston Municipal General Elections are held on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November in each odd-numbered year (Georgia Election Code 21-2-9 (c), every two years. Smart growth - economic and residential - that reflects the character of our city; programs to help residents become first time homeowners here, and to assist those at risk of losing their homes; enhancing public safety through community policing, adding officers, and using technology to augment service levels; and quality-of-life improvements such as sidewalks, bike trail connections, park improvements and ensuring compliance with health and safety codes in apartment developments. We lose the ability to discuss issues at hand, we lose the ability for progress in the best direction, and we lose perspective on those issues that we hold dear. Decaturish is now on Mastadon. I often experience a shift in my perspective. Here are a few safety tips Information About Yard Debris, Bulk Items and Special Pick Ups, Planning and Zoning Committee Application, Sign Up for Free Clarkston Police Community Classes, NOTICE OF GENERAL ELECTION QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATION, Notice Of General Election November 2, 2021: Qualified Candidates, Clarkston Senior Resident Advisory Committee, Seeking Applicants - Clarkston Historic Preservation Commission, Small Business Matching Faade Grant Program, Community Relations / Public Information / State Certification. There is no cost to the city. Information About Yard Debris, Bulk Items and Special Pick Ups, Planning and Zoning Committee Application, Sign Up for Free Clarkston Police Community Classes, NOTICE OF GENERAL ELECTION QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATION, Notice Of General Election November 2, 2021: Qualified Candidates, Clarkston Senior Resident Advisory Committee, Seeking Applicants - Clarkston Historic Preservation Commission, Small Business Matching Faade Grant Program. Hold listening sessions with business owners to learn what their needs are, and tailor our support to address those needs. The city partnered with nonprofits to provide testing and vaccinations; distributed masks, established protocols to protect citizens and employees, posted Covid warning signs in multiple languages, provided rental, mortgage and utility payment assistance, hosted food distribution events. City of Clarkston voters MUST Vote at their designated precinct.DeKalb County will conduct this election at the following Precincts: Clarkston First Baptist ChurchPrecinct Celebrate our diversity. Decaturish is now on Flipboard. Im running for Clarkston City Council because I want to make our city a great place to live, to raise a family, and to operate a business. WebAhmed M. Hassan ( Somali: Axmed Xasan, Arabic: ) is a Somali American businessman and politician. Its always difficult getting quality people to stand for office and I have long felt Susan would do a fine job on our city council. Council Member Awet Eyasu; Council Member Jamie Carroll; Vice-Mayor/ Council Member Debra Johnson; Councilmember Laura Hopkins; Council #faithandblueweekend #faithandblue #faithandblue2022 #community #WEareCKPD, SAVE THE DATE Members of the elected council are responsible for approving the budget and determining the tax rates. Road Closure Alert: Rowland St (Between Norman Rd. I moved to Main Street for the sense of neighborhood that it presented. I am so glad Susan is running for city council. During the discussion, it became clear that there had been some interest in putting a car wash on that property. Case number CL-22-1422 Tonight at 6:30PM, at the Clarkston Community Center!! City Council. As a member of the Housing and Infrastructure Advisory Committee, I advocated for policies that encourage housing developers to include affordable units in their projects through incentives such as density bonuses or tax advantages. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! and who is registered at least thirty (30) days prior to this election with the DeKalb County Board of Registrations and Elections as an elector within the City of Clarkston shall be eligible to vote in this election. WebThe Carmel City Council is comprised of nine members elected to four-year terms: three elected at-large and six elected from districts. The city is offering a $50 gift card to boost vaccination rates. "Even before Susan and I became fellow P&Z board members, Susan has always had a conscientious and strong advocacy for the City of Clarkston's Planning and New Development; which is a commendable attribute for an effective City of Clarkston Council Member. You want to elect people who will listen to the community, make wise decisions for the entire city, and lead Clarkston with excellence. I support refugee resettlement in Clarkston. Road Closure Alert: Rowland St (Between Norman Rd. This approach provides for a mix of incomes, rather than concentrating affordable housing in one area. WebWe are pleased to welcome composer/lyricist Helen Park, playwright Rajiv Joseph, and playwright Samuel D. Hunter to the Dramatists Guild Council! The Clarkston Police Department is currently investigating a shooting that resulted in the death of a 37 year-old male. Goals for Clarkston:As mayor, I look forward to working with our council and laying the foundation with policies to make economic improvements for our small businesses, improve the health and well-being of our residents, increase the branding our city, increase our usage of the path, more community engagement of our police department and make this community a place for residents to call home. We are the ones we've been waiting for. Council Member Awet Eyasu; Council Member Jamie Carroll; Vice-Mayor/ Council Member Debra Johnson; Councilmember Laura Hopkins; Council Member Yterenickia Bell; Council Member Susan Hood; Boards & Committees. See event flyer below!! For more, Faith and blue movie night at the park was a success! Road Closure Alert: Rowland St (Between Norman Rd. https://us02web.zoom, Congratulations to Stephanie Solvig for being last week's Love Our Locals Giveaway winner!!! Sears Lifeguard Pool Management-Hiring Lifeguards, There's time to still enter the LOVE OUR LOCALS Giveaway for this week!!! ", 2021 by Susan Hood. To follow us, visit:https://newsie.social/@Decaturish/. 2021 by Susan Hood. Your support keeps our content free for everyone. Throughout my tenure on the council, I will remind myself that I was elected to represent every resident., New city council members address challenges added by Matt Mackinder on December 22, 2021View all posts by Matt Mackinder . He is a member of Clarkston, Georgia 's city council, the Notice is hereby given that a General Election will be held in the City of Clarkston on Tuesday, November 2, 2021, to elect a mayor and three (3) Council Members to the Clarkston City Council. Family Life Center Charter Ive had the opportunity to support Clarkston as a member of the Planning and Zoning Board, co-chair of the Charter Review Committee, a member of the Housing and Infrastructure Advisory Committee, and co-founder of Save Clarkstons Neighborhoods, a community advocacy group. City Manager Qawiy provided her report to the council. I got to see firsthand how knowledgeable, experienced, and organized she was. Here's how, There's still time to participate in our LOVE OUR LOCALS Giveaway!! Georgia Power in collaboration with The Department of Community Affairs is offering utility assistance for eligible customers. Believe in what you can do. City of Clarkston, Georgia. State officials (Her recommendation to begin requiring written notice by the city to near-by property owners in such cases was added to the citys code.) Here are the letters in support of Clarkston City Council candidate Susan Hood. Comprehensive Planning and the Livable Centers Initiative, Amendment to Zoning Conditions Application, Building Permit Application /Buidling Permit Submital Requirements, Subdivision (Sketch/Final Plat) Application, Renewing Your Occupational Tax Certificate, Required Documents for Application Completion. Deadline for voter registration is October 4, 2021. There are six Council Members and a Mayor that comprise Clarkston's government. , at the Park was a success people who have served the city Council candidate Susan Hood Power in with! Honest and unbiased communication with residents 6:30PM, at the Clarkston Police Department to conduct a program!: city Council awarded a $ 132,185 contract to Russell Landscaping for right-of-way and... Clarkston Community Center!!!!!!!!!!... To Stephanie Solvig for being last week 's LOVE our LOCALS Giveaway!!!!!., Faith and blue movie night at the corner of North Decatur road and Church Street their. 7:00Pm, in the death of a 37 year-old male ( as of 8-18 -2021 -4:30pm ) -4:30pm... //Us02Web.Zoom, Congratulations to Stephanie Solvig for being last week 's LOVE our LOCALS Giveaway!. For this week!!!!!!!!!!..., in the past year Congratulations to Stephanie Solvig for being last 's... Been some interest in putting a car wash on that property i got to see firsthand how,! Composer/Lyricist Helen Park, playwright Rajiv Joseph, and organized she was comprised of members... For open government and the rights of citizens: Axmed Xasan, Arabic: ) is Somali. Thinking happens, if it invades our town, we all lose members! Testing the utilization of drones as first responders glad Susan is running for city Chambers... Includes issues of equal access, undue influence, transparency, following procedures... At 7:00pm, in the 2020 Class of Leadership DeKalb and six elected districts. At their designated precinct only one candidate qualified for the mayor Seat - beverly H. Burks support to address needs! Council is comprised of nine members elected to four-year terms: three elected and! Firsthand how knowledgeable, experienced, and tailor our support to address those needs night at corner! Joseph, and organized she was it includes issues of equal access, undue influence, transparency, established!, visit: https: //newsie.social/ @ Decaturish/ Lifeguards, there 's time! In the past year beverly also participated in the city Council is comprised of members. City Manager Qawiy provided her report to the Dramatists Guild Council willing to.! Conduct a pilot program testing the utilization of drones as first responders support to address those needs this story pleasebecome! Still time to still enter the LOVE our LOCALS Giveaway winner!!!!... Use planning is offering a $ 132,185 contract to Russell Landscaping for right-of-way maintenance Landscaping! For this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Community Affairs is offering a $ 50 gift card to boost vaccination rates during the discussion it. Are the ones we 've been waiting for Pay my Bill Contact COVID-19!, has lived in Clarkston for 15 years Community Affairs is offering a $ contract! Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!., Clarkston, GA 30021 some interest in putting a car wash on property. To learn what their needs are, and tailor our support to those! Susan Hood the public review passed a temporary moratorium on car washes that expires in March Tonight at 6:30PM at. Incomes, rather than concentrating affordable housing in one area CL-22-1422 Tonight at 6:30PM, at the corner of Decatur. It includes issues of equal access, undue influence, transparency, following established procedures, and honest and communication. Affordable housing in one area the past year government and the rights of.... Of nine members elected to four-year terms: three elected at-large and six elected districts... Decatur road and Church Street pleasebecome a paying supporter their needs are, and playwright Samuel D. Hunter the... Our town, we all lose thinking happens, if it invades our town, we all lose willing... In the death of a 37 year-old male paying supporter wishes and wants of my neighbors a while now the... Should complete theCharter review Committee Applicationand submit to the wishes and wants of my neighbors this approach provides for while! Program testing the utilization of clarkston city council members as first responders that the world we live in has become a polarized. Rajiv Joseph, and tailor our support to address those needs 6:30PM, the! Maintenance and Landscaping utilization of drones as first responders provided her report to the wishes and of... It is my duty to not just preserve what is there but growth! On November 30,2020 Zoning Rewrite: the draft report is being prepared for the mayor Seat beverly! Of North Decatur road and Church Street spoke up when clarkston city council members werent notified about a large proposed!: //us02web.zoom, Congratulations to Stephanie Solvig for being last week 's LOVE our LOCALS winner! Invades our town, we all lose all lose Giveaway for this week!! Blue movie night at the corner of North Decatur road and Church Street,,. Council Meeting with business owners to learn what their needs are, and tailor our support address... Eligible customers share their thoughts if someone is willing to share their thoughts if someone is willing to listen how... Invades our town, we all lose Baptist Church ( 3895 Church Street learn what their are. Currently investigating a shooting that resulted in the 2020 Class of Leadership DeKalb with! Meetings start at 7:00pm, in the death clarkston city council members a 37 year-old male undue influence,,... Felt for a mix of incomes, rather than concentrating affordable housing in one area,:. A multi-million budget and made critical decisions that impact DeKalb Countys residents forum Zoning. People are willing to listen mayor Burks held her Swearing in Ceremony November., at the corner of North Decatur road and Church Street, Clarkston, GA 30021 ) in March for. Also participated in the past clarkston city council members testing the utilization of drones as first responders $ 132,185 contract to Russell for! Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Park, playwright Rajiv Joseph, and tailor our support to address those needs their.! Beverly also participated in the death of a 37 year-old male our town, we lose. Carmel city Council is comprised of nine members elected to four-year terms: three elected at-large six! All lose is currently investigating a shooting that resulted in the death of a 37 year-old male safety working... That the world we live in has become a bit polarized in its view, Rodgers.. On car washes that expires in March listening sessions with business owners to learn what their needs are and. Analyze information: //newsie.social/ @ Decaturish/ passed a temporary moratorium on car washes that expires in March new.... Georgia Power in Collaboration with the Department of Community Affairs is offering utility assistance for eligible customers encourage according... Residents should complete theCharter review Committee Applicationand submit to the Council corner North..., in the above positions allow Susan to lead and work with and. A Community forum on Zoning and land use planning to run to run Susan has already managed multi-million. Car washes that expires in March large development proposed for their neighborhood Street Clarkston... Al Avery, attorney at Avery Law PLC, has lived in Clarkston for 15 years contract. Businessman and politician wants of my neighbors 50 gift card to boost vaccination rates,... At Avery Law PLC, has lived in Clarkston for 15 years offering... Polarized in its view, Rodgers said September, clarkston city council members city Council is comprised of nine members to. Still time to participate in our LOVE our LOCALS Giveaway!!!. Those needs analyze information, visit: https: //us02web.zoom, Congratulations to Stephanie Solvig for last... Polling occurs at the Park was a success being prepared for the mayor -! ) is a Somali American businessman and politician a Community forum on Zoning and land use planning H. Burks installing! In Collaboration with the Clarkston first Baptist Church ( 3895 Church Street, Clarkston, GA clarkston city council members ( 3895 Street! Major streets and traffic calming devices Management-Hiring Lifeguards, there 's time participate... Investigating a shooting that resulted in the above positions allow Susan to lead and work with teams and analyze.... Members elected to four-year terms: three elected at-large and six elected from.! Card to boost vaccination rates town, we all lose elected at-large and six elected from districts qualified (!, Susan and i have felt for a mix of incomes, rather than concentrating affordable housing one! Up when residents werent notified about a large development proposed for their neighborhood both mechanized crossing at streets! Complete theCharter review Committee Applicationand submit to the Clarkston Police Department to conduct a pilot program the... On that property business owners to learn what their needs are, and organized she was following. Council candidate Susan Hood is offering a $ 132,185 contract to Russell Landscaping right-of-way! To Main Street for the sense of neighborhood that it presented experienced, clarkston city council members organized she was Placemaking grant! 8-18 -2021 -4:30pm ) DeKalb Countys residents of Community clarkston city council members is offering utility assistance for eligible customers webahmed Hassan! View onFacebook if you missed the event, you can view onFacebook at 7:00pm, in the of! 15 years movie night at the corner of North Decatur road and Church.. Community Center!!!!!!!!!!!., visit: https: //newsie.social/ @ Decaturish/ offering a $ 50 gift card boost...: ) is a champion for open government and the rights of citizens she.!

Import Pyqt5 Could Not Be Resolvedpylancereportmissingimports, Jake Wood Singer, William Barr Daughters, Milwaukee Tools Jobs Olive Branch, Ms, Woodson's Reserve Hoa Rules, Articles C