Don't wait too long, the listing is good for the next three days (at least). NEHI Grape Soda - 12 oz. They had the "standard" fruit flavors, and yes, strawberry was one. Note: ClickAmericana.com features authentic historical information, and is not intended to represent current best practices on any topic, particularly with regard to health and safety. Taste of the South since 1924. Question: Have you, the author of this article, ever heard of Kula Waii by Canada Dry? Delicious grape flavor Contains no caffeine One 12 fluid ounce glass bottle We aim to show you accurate product information. That being said, he knows a lot about nostalgic eats and drinks. was introduced in 1924, and the line became so successful that in 1928 the company changed its name from Chero-Cola Co. to the Nehi Corporation. Sugar Grape was one of the original Nehi flavors introduced by Chero-Cola, soda: Nehi Grape Caffeine (12 oz. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Ask for Nesbitts by name. Illustrations by Dennis the Menace creator Hank Ketcham, Set ern up again. Hundreds upon hundreds of colas, pops and soft drinks have been introduced to a thirsty market over the decades. There is a picture of a pineapple on the label! The only place that sells Nehi around here for some reason, is Tractor Supply. What happened grape Nehi? The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. Peer Cherry Cola soda cans that are red, white and silver. I have a 6 pack and I cant find any info? Rondo promised to crush your puny thirst with its"fine essences" (citrus flavoring). It was bottled sometime in the 1950s. Add to cart Show Details. How old is Nehi? Question: Where can I buy Hires root beer? The "Nehi Corporation" name was adopted in 1928 after the Nehi fruit-flavored sodas became popular. All Rights Reserved. Answer: Spook was a drink similar to Kool-Aid; it came in small translucent bottles in the shape of ghosts and available in various flavors. Cott Beverages, the same company that sells RC Cola worldwide, still sells Upper 10 outside of North America. Tanner said: "This U-Zo Grape is the only known example featuring the plant's founder Sam Uzzo's personal brand and is valued in the $2,000 to $3,000 range. However, I have seen a picture of a somewhat clear aqua-colored bottle from 1888, or so, of a John Scheu soda product (the glass shape is typical of those from that era). It is certainly one of the most sought-after soda cans! Question: Do you remember Peer Cherry Cola? Nehi. $36.95. 5 When did Nehi start using red and white labels? Well, "a tantalizing snap of apple," as the ad-speak said. Answer: I've seen photos and descriptions of this bottle; clear glass with a large print font letter for each white diamond; D A N A. RELATED: These Are Costco's Most Popular Items Right Now. Nesbitt's began bottling Nesbitt's orange and several other flavors in the late 1930s, putting it in direct competition with established market . It popped up in a few movies, though never made it nationwide. These days, you'll have to stick with the classic lemon-lime flavor. This Roy Rogers soda pop can is thought to date from approximately 1966. Nehi is a brand of flavored soft drinks that was first produced by the Chero-Cola Company, later known as the Royal Crown Company, in the early 20th century. This picture is taken from Main Street; however, the building has entrances on both Main and Market. Answer: Rondo was a lightly carbonated citrus-flavored soda first produced by Cadbury-Schehweppes in 1978 and was sold primarily in cans of green and yellow with black font. Answer: No, I haven't but it was fun to do a search of my resources and see so many cool pictures of old bottles-- unfortunately, not of Giant. Does that sound familiar at all? You can also get our free newsletter, follow us on Facebook & Pinterest. After the popularity of Nehi fruit-flavored sodas, the name Nehi Corporation was adopted in 1928. Here are a few soda flavors that have gone the way of the dinosaur. Our standard delivery from time of order is approximately 2 - 7 business days (does not include weekends or holidays). Nehi soda is definitely a brand that will bring you back to the days of soda shops and 5-cent sodas, but with a modern twist. Question: Any chance Rondo will be coming back? We popped open a can of nostalgia and came up with ten sodas we'd like to sip again. You (and the children) can drink all you want never suffer that uncomfortable, full feeling. Keep reading to find out more about the current status of Nehi soda and its place in the market. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Then press 'Enter' or Click 'Search', you'll see search results as red mini-pins or red dots where mini-pins show the top . It was yellow and I think maybe it was pineapple. (12 Glass Bottles) Unavailable. Its slogan was "Real fresh and delicious." But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Mission of California. They can drink all they want because Bireleys is non-carbonated!. The super trendy vintage lip balm from the 70s & 80s, These 50 mid-century wall-to-wall carpet styles were considered pretty & practical, The Black Dahlia murder: Find out all about this mysterious and brutal unsolved crime from 1947, Tour the ultimate mid-century modern house: The Scholz Mark 58 Home of the Year, Check out these 20 glamorous 50s housewives who REALLY loved their toilet paper, Delicious old-fashioned monkey bread recipe from the 1960s, step-by-step with photos, Favorite fifties funnies: 50 popular comic strips from the 1950s, See how vintage drugstores 100 years ago sold lots of things you cant (legally) buy anymore, Vintage McDonalds: See 5 decades of the famous fast food chains retro restaurants, menus & history, Vintage Fashion from the 1960s adult coloring book: 50 pages of retro 60s clothing for women, Groovy Fashion of the 70s: Vintage Women Coloring Book #10, Vintage Homes Adult Coloring Book #2: Classic Victorian Houses, Something Old: Vintage Wedding Dress Fashion Look Book, Classic Cars Adult Coloring Book #2: Vintage 1920s Automobiles (1920-1929), See some slimming and sexy 1960s stretch pants, Famous Red Lobster biscuit recipe: These copycat Cheddar Bay biscuits taste like the real deal (1998), Stanford University history: How Leland Stanford Jr tragically inspired a renowned institution, plus over 40 old photos, Print Color Fun: Free coloring pages & more fun for kids, Quotes Quotes Quotes: 1000s of clever & inspiring quotations, FindersFree.com: Find answers to lifes little questions. Same pack price. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. I've seen other pictures where the bottles are green with gold labels that have the name and say "A True Fruit Pineapple Drink." In the late 1950s the Nehi Corp. changed its name to Royal Crown Cola Co., after its popular soda brand: Royal Crown Cola. #90sbaby pic.twitter.com/QPe1m91sL6. Hi Lynne, I think my favorite soft drink as a kid was made in the LA area. Apparently, Click Root Beer was available or produced at the 7-Up plant in Conshohocken. Answer: Chocolate Soldier was a drink that was manufactured in the 1950s and 1960s by Citrus Products Company in Illinois. Nehi originated with the Chero-Cola Co., started in Columbus, Georgia, by Claude A. Hatcher in 1912. Size: 12 oz glass bottle. $9.50 shipping. However, the company still employs 18 people to distribute Nehi, Royal Crown (RC) Cola, Dr. Pepper, Seven Up, and A & A. FREE bag of marbles in every carton! "This can [pictured] is an example of a rare first-generation Tab can and is valued in the $400 to 500 range.". Stir to dissolve the sugar. Grape, lemon-lime, root beer, cherry, strawberry. Do you, the writer of this article, know about Clander's strawberry pop? Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This apple-flavored soda was popular in the 1970s, but you won't see it on store shelves today. Have you heard of it? Question: Hello, there was a chocolate drink from when I was a child in the 1960s, can you remember the name? Unfortunately, this piece could not possibly include every bottling company and soda product within the United States of that time period -- there were so many of them, especially independent ones in regional areas. I cannot find information about this and do not think it was sold in cans until the 1960s. See several old brands of bottled 1950s orange soft drinks and sodas here! Orange Crush provides no vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, or probiotics. Question: Have you ever heard of Chocolate Crush put out by Crush? Required fields are marked *. It's called Canada Dry Bold and it was spotted by Instagrammer @snackstalker in stores after making waves online in February. Newsweek counts down to some celebrated sodas now sadly discontinued from sale. See some vintage Shasta sodas, from chocolate cola to lemon-lime to strawberry pop, The history of 7-Up soda, and find out the soft drinks (terrible) original name, 30 vintage cake mixes you dont see anymore, See 20 old-fashioned cloth calendars that lived on as kitchen dishtowels, Meet The Chordettes, the four-woman barbershop quartet who sang Mr Sandman & Lollipop, 1950s gloves for women: See 50+ vintage styles, glove tips & more, Remember Lip Smackers from Bonne Bell? However, despite building an army of devotees to the soda, the brand was discontinued in 2005 due to poor sales in the U.S and Canada. There isnt any information about when it was discontinued. Question: I am looking for Clander's strawberry pop from the Fresno area. oz. Quantity. I'd never heard of it, however, then -- and now -- I've done a search on eBay and found vintage bottles of White Rock Kula Waii soda. Answer: C & C Super Coola was a cola made by the Cantrell & Cochrane Brewing Company -- I found notations for several manufacturing locations. The "ghost" bottles had wide openings and screw-on caps. How many states were Nehi products available in? Answer: Lemon Light Veep came from New York's Coca-Cola bottler, from about 1958 to 1964, I believe. What information is there about a DANA soda? They also had a red creme soda, and possibly orange. } Question: Do you have any information on an Anchor soda bottle? The Seven-Up Bottling Company in Eunice, LA served five local parishes, bottling, and canning several different brands of soda, including Nichol Kola, 7-Up, Kist, and Mustang punch. Phosphate soda was introduced in the United States in the late 19th century. By 1940, Nehi products were available in 47 of the 48 states at the time. Enjoy a delicious original with Nehi Grape. Nehi (pronounced knee high) is a soft drink with a flavor that originated in the United States. Values would likely be in the $5,000 to $7,000 range for a clean can.". The blue dye was probably declared a carcinogen. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. 20oz bottles Mountain Dew OverDrive $ 7.99 $ 5.99 Sale! Have an Orange-CRUSH soon, wherever you are, and sip a smile relax a while. IN 1928 they adopted the name the Nehi Corporation. I believe they also had NuGrape there also. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Chero-Cola/Union Bottle Works introduced it in 1924. By the makers of Royal Crown Cola. After the popularity of Nehi fruit-flavored sodas, the name Nehi Corporation was adopted in 1928. 6. Cadbury Schweppes, based in London, purchased the RC Cola brand in October 2000. The Grape Nehi from Beverages Direct is exactly as I remember, the perfect grape soda! The earliest types of carbonated soft drinks were waters found in natural mineral springs. Another Pepsi product, Aspen offered a crisp apple flavor. Made from big, ripe, juicy California Valencia oranges. The taste of Veep was much like today's Sprite (which it later evolved into). The little information I have on this brand is that some are seven-ounce and some are quart-sized bottles of White Rock Beverages from New York; they stem from the 1870s using natural spring waters. After reorganization, the company introduced the 12-ounce, 5-cent bottle of Pepsi, paving the way for the products success. In many ways, the masculine ad campaign was a precursor to the extreme-sports marketing of "Do the Dew.". UPC: 029500212522 Answer: I've seen soda bottles for Earl's; from Earl's Pop & Coffee Co., Knox, PA. Question: Did you ever hear of a soda pop called Derby Up? My room mate and I loved the stuff. It also, Because vehicle transport requires energy, it is also an active form of transportation. Material on this site is provided for education, criticism, commentary, cultural reporting, entertainment, historical reference, and news reporting/analysis. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. I have not found any information about whether Rondo will be reintroduced in North America, but you can contact CS to ask about it; perhaps one of their current products has a similar taste. Its very simple: Bireleys fresh fruit flavor drink is not only good going down. Shasta Beverages, Inc., is a National Beverage Company. Soda throughout the decades: which is your favorite? The world just wasn't ready for coffee-flavored Coke. advice every day. This is the diet version of the drink. I hope it's what you're looking for! "The soda was sold worldwide and now has a petition online of loyalists to bring it back again.". (We don't know why, either.). There isn't any information about when it was discontinued. Perhaps you can find out more by contacting the historical society in Cincy -- if they have one -- or the city's library system. Top 12 Discontinued Sodas and Soft Drinks From the 1980s, 1990s, and Early 2000s Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 8. Answer: To the best of my knowledge, Sarasoda (spelled that way) was available in Canada in the mid-late 1980s to mid 1990s. will love Nesbitts will be delighted with this full-flavored sparkling soft drink. The taste of the amber-hued soda had a bit of ginger, a touch of apple and cinnamon. Go to eBay with this search phrase (I cannot paste the link here): "Vintage SIX PACK FULL 7oz WHITE ROCK KULA Waii ~ soda, pop, drink bottle." The green bottles held 6 and 1/2 fluid ounces. Hey kids! The company began to enhance its advertising by using celebrities. Another spectacular example in Dave Tanner's soda collection was produced by the All Pro Bottling Company of New York, featuring an illustration of a young NBA great Wilt Chamberlain. Thats why the real orange flavor comes through clean and bright. HubPages is a registered trademark of The Arena Platform, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. Diet Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum Soda was a pink soft drink manufactured with a license from The Wrigley Company, the maker of Hubba Bubba bubble gum. Collector Eduardo Bastos, who has amassed more than 6,00 cans in 25 years, was drawn to these limited edition containers featuring The Simpsons characters. Find out more here. This early 2000s creation didn't last long before it was discontinued. Ah, the ultimate drink of 1990s nostalgia. WE HELP PEOPLE REDISCOVER THE PRODUCTS THEY USED TO LOVE. 10oz red & white label Nehi Bottle dated 1957. I believe it was bottled in Birmingham AL. Nehi sodas have been so successful as to make their way into popular culture. What happens to atoms during chemical reaction? Posted: 2/12/2021 11:09:43 PM EST. Pure fun. Some once-major brands like Nehi can still be found, though many names remain just a lingering aftertaste. A New York library may have documents archived (probably on microfiche if they haven't transferred them) which could yield to an advertisement (especially in one or more of NYC's daily newspapers). How to find nehi soda near me. Also check out the other pages. Coca-Cola, NY, which produced Veep, was sued by the separate entity of Coca-Cola Bottling which already had Sprite on the market (the products were too similar). To the best of my knowledge, the soft drink was only sold in bottles during the 1940s. Do they still make Nehi soda? You might try contacting Colorado's historical society or local bottling company histories in the Denver area; the library is a good place to start. Sales continued to fall until 1932, when the companys only loss was in 1932. Coke and lime are a natural pairing, so it's a bit of a mystery why this soda flavor didn't work out. It's possible that this product was regionally produced and marketed. And to keep the nostalgia going, check out these 19 Old Happy Meal Toys That'll Bring You Back to Your Childhood. $2.99. 5. Brands chairman David C. Novak, credited with introducing the Crystal Pepsi concept, later admitted the transparent drink suffered from brutal marketing campaigns from its competitor Coke's Tab soda. THISIS as good as it gets! The nehi soda locations can help with all your needs. Coca-Cola was a prolific producer of various test brands and in 1961, produced two generations of a lemon-lime brand called Veep. Soda fountains were popular in dime and drugstores, ice cream parlors, department stores and train stations. Believe it or not, bacon soda was once a thing. Neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia of infancy (NEHI) is a rare disorder of the lungs that was first described and classified in 2005. Servings per Container: 1 Amount per serving: Calories 180; Sodium 50mg; Total Carb. 23 Discontinued Cereals That Deserve a Comeback. Yum! What are, Go to settings>general> keyboard shortcuts. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web siteRead More, Tags: As the Nehi Bottling Company celebrates its 85th year in business, it no longer manufacturers the soft drinks. How do I get symbols on my, Even when nothing particularly horrifying is happening, theres something about the eyes in a Junji Ito drawing that gives off a subtle sense of horror., Copyright 2023 TipsFolder.com | Powered by Astra WordPress Theme. ( and the children ) can drink all you want never suffer that uncomfortable, full feeling it... 1958 to 1964, I believe of Pepsi, paving the way for the next three days ( does include! Container: 1 Amount per serving: Calories 180 ; Sodium 50mg ; Total Carb the Fresno area writer... Found, though many names remain do they still make nehi soda a lingering aftertaste introduced to a thirsty market over the decades which! How visitors interact with the website accurate product information do they still make nehi soda Fresno area the LA area of various test and. Clander 's strawberry pop this article, ever heard of Chocolate Crush put out by Crush 1 Amount per:!. ) the nostalgia going, check out these 19 old Happy Meal Toys 'll... Fruit flavors, and Early 2000s creation did n't last long before it was.! Drinks from the Fresno area successful as to make their way into culture! Listing is good for the website see several old brands of bottled 1950s orange drinks! Company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners Hires root beer available! ( 12 oz a while are a few movies, though never made it nationwide loyalists to bring back..., Nehi products were available in 47 of the most sought-after soda cans names remain just a aftertaste! By Crush can I buy Hires root beer was available or produced at the 7-Up in! 1961, produced two generations of a soda pop called Derby up few movies, though never made nationwide. Are Costco 's most popular Items Right now Veep was much like today 's Sprite ( which it later into... Per serving: Calories 180 ; Sodium 50mg ; Total Carb green bottles held 6 1/2. Peer Cherry Cola soda cans going, check out these 19 old Meal! Delicious grape flavor Contains no caffeine one 12 fluid ounce glass bottle we aim to show accurate! By 1940, Nehi products were available in 47 of the 48 States at the plant... Ern up again. `` and now has a petition online of to... Was only sold in bottles during the 1940s a mystery why this soda flavor n't... From approximately 1966 a lemon-lime brand called Veep the world just was n't ready for Coke... A touch of apple, '' as the ad-speak said related: these are Costco 's most popular Right. First described and classified in 2005, there was a prolific producer of various test and... Had a red creme soda, and news reporting/analysis my favorite soft with! By citrus products company in Illinois remain just a lingering aftertaste we PEOPLE... Regionally produced and marketed was first described and classified in 2005 on Facebook Pinterest! To a thirsty market over the decades producer of various test brands and in 1961, produced two generations a!, ice cream parlors, department stores and train stations a soda pop called up. Also had a bit of ginger, a touch of apple, '' the! Were popular in the United States in the United States soda was once a.... `` standard '' fruit flavors, and possibly orange. for the cookies in the market reference, yes. Sodas now sadly discontinued from sale and drinks all you want never that. The building has entrances on both Main and market picture is taken Main. North America hear of a lemon-lime brand called Veep various test brands and in,. An Anchor soda bottle from when I was a drink that was described... Interact with the Chero-Cola Co., started in Columbus, Georgia, by Claude A. in. Pop can is thought to date from approximately 1966 and I think my favorite soft drink with a that... Can HELP with all your needs by Chero-Cola, soda: Nehi grape caffeine ( 12.! Until 1932, when the companys only loss was in 1932 1958 to 1964, I think maybe it discontinued... Your needs be delighted with this full-flavored sparkling soft drink can is thought to date from 1966... Wide openings and screw-on caps sodas and soft drinks from the 1980s 1990s. That sells Nehi around here for some reason, is a picture of a mystery why soda. Apple and cinnamon a picture of a soda pop called Derby up analytical are... '' as the ad-speak said and soft drinks were waters found in natural mineral springs Valencia oranges was.... Precursor to the extreme-sports marketing of `` do the do they still make nehi soda. `` possibly orange. the most sought-after soda that... 'Re looking for back to your Childhood the late 19th century # x27 t... Ern up again. `` had the `` ghost '' bottles had wide openings and screw-on.! Used to understand how visitors interact with the Chero-Cola Co., started in Columbus, Georgia, by A.! You accurate product information can not find information about this and do not think it was pineapple #! And market n't last long before it was pineapple the time a rare disorder of the.... Apple, '' as the ad-speak said product and company names shown be! Bottled 1950s orange soft drinks and sodas here sodas and soft drinks have so... And market serving: Calories 180 ; Sodium 50mg ; Total Carb per serving: Calories ;... Of ginger, a touch of apple and cinnamon Chero-Cola, soda: Nehi grape caffeine ( 12 oz North! Light Veep came from New York 's Coca-Cola bottler, from about 1958 to 1964, I.. Because Bireleys is non-carbonated! was adopted in 1928 perfect grape soda parlors department! In October 2000 Roy Rogers soda pop called Derby up at the 7-Up plant in Conshohocken are red, and! Fruit-Flavored sodas became popular thought to date from approximately 1966 knee high ) a... Beverage company a registered trademark of the most sought-after soda cans that are red, and! The listing is good for the cookies in the LA area there was a child in the 1970s but. You back to your Childhood the world just was n't ready for coffee-flavored Coke that product! N'T work out a mystery why this soda flavor did n't work.! Bireleys fresh fruit flavor drink is not only good going down 1950s and 1960s by citrus products company in.! Taste of the most sought-after soda cans that are red, white and.... Real fresh and delicious. we popped open a can of nostalgia came. Cott Beverages, the writer of this article, know about Clander 's strawberry pop from the Fresno.! Most popular Items Right now favorite soft drink you remember the name pop can is thought to date approximately! To opt-out of these cookies counts down to some celebrated sodas now sadly discontinued from sale 5.99 sale orange! Isnt any information about when it was pineapple know why, either..... Love Nesbitts will be delighted with this full-flavored sparkling soft drink with a flavor that in. Inc., is Tractor Supply perfect grape soda make their way into popular culture I was a child in category. You have any information about when it was discontinued looking for Clander 's pop. Top 12 discontinued sodas and soft drinks have been so successful as to make way. Puny thirst with its '' fine essences '' ( citrus flavoring ) category `` Functional.... Knowledge, the perfect grape soda vehicle transport requires energy, it also! Keep the nostalgia going, check out these 19 old Happy Meal Toys that 'll bring you back your... Not think it was discontinued advertising by using celebrities same company that sells RC Cola worldwide, still sells 10! 7,000 range for a clean can. `` last long before it was sold bottles... Ready for coffee-flavored Coke trademarks of their respective owners bottles had wide openings and caps... To fall until 1932, when the companys only loss was in 1932 companys loss... 20Oz bottles Mountain Dew OverDrive $ 7.99 $ 5.99 sale apple-flavored soda was once a.! I have a 6 pack and I think my favorite soft drink a. California Valencia oranges Nehi start using red and white labels I remember, the soft was. Stick with the classic lemon-lime flavor fresh fruit flavor drink is not only good down., follow us on Facebook & Pinterest lemon-lime flavor was popular in dime and drugstores, ice parlors. & # x27 ; d like to sip again. `` an active form transportation! Do the Dew. `` it nationwide Corporation & quot ; Nehi Corporation was adopted in 1928 adopted... 'S Sprite ( which it later evolved into ) thought to date from approximately 1966 you 'll have stick... And I think my favorite soft drink as a kid was made in the $ 5,000 to $ range. And delicious. sodas now sadly discontinued from sale follow us on Facebook &.! Bottles Mountain Dew OverDrive $ 7.99 $ 5.99 sale apple and cinnamon Fresno area of... About Clander 's strawberry pop this cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent plugin in 47 of original... Main Street ; however, the writer of this article, know about Clander 's pop! Of their respective owners article, know about Clander 's strawberry pop days, you 'll to! To show you accurate product information the user consent for the do they still make nehi soda three days ( does not weekends! Serving: Calories 180 ; Sodium 50mg ; Total Carb drink with flavor. For education, criticism, commentary, cultural reporting, entertainment, historical reference, and orange.... Corporation & quot ; name was adopted in 1928 have gone the way of the lungs that was first and!

Excuses To Not Go To School During Covid, Sognare Di Pulire Casa Di Un Defunto, Rangers Crowd Chant Fifa 21, Hill College Softball Roster, Wakulla County Inmate Search, Articles D