Only THREE horses vanned off at Parx today. Reblogged this on Armory of the Revolution. Donna started riding at a young age. Donnas post-race interviews are legendary. Donna Barton Brothers Wiki: Salary, Married, Wedding, Spouse, Family Donna Barton Brothers (born April 20, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico) is a former jockey who won over 1100 horse races and serves as a horse-back riding reporter and analyst for NBC Sports Triple Crown coverage and a reporter and analyst for TVG Network. Tom told me that in retrospect the question can be asked, but from Donna's position she couldn't see the race and certainly the spot where . Donna Barton Brothers was born on 20 April, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico, United States, is an American jockey. Facebook gives people the power to. Brothers started as an interviewer at the Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans then as an on-air racing analyst for Churchill Downs where she joined their other analyst, Mike Battaglia. They then must have performed well enough that they are considered valuable enough to enter the breeding shed to avoid the risk of entering the slaughter pipeline at all. And to Ms Brothers: What the world will not likely notice is a lone horse and rider racing in the opposite direction just outside the track. In 1998, she began her broadcast career working as an in-house interviewer for the Fairgrounds in New Orleans. Donna Brothers (formerly Donna Barton while actively riding) is delusional like so many in horse racing. I have no idea how many college football games are played but Im sure there are thousands, possibly tens of thousands. She attended University of Louisville from 2002 to 2005 but became too busy with reporting duties for NBC Sports and other networks and moved to full-time work as a reporter and racing analyst in 2005. Donna Barton Brotherss income source is mostly from being a successful Jockey. Brothers has also done on-location work for TVG, the horseracing network. Donna Barton Brothers, a former jockey and NBC Sports reporter, is Starlight's Chief Operating Officer, and is married to Frank Brothers, its bloodstock agent. Irode Hennessy for D. Wayne Lukas, who had two other horses in the race; one of which was the favorite (Honour and Glory). Your whats wrong with horse racing. Donna Brothers is a former jockey who won over 1,100 horse races and now covers horse racing and other equestrian sports for NBC Sports and NBCSN. They love being locked in a stall most of the time, drugged, smacked around with a whip, and passed from owner to owner? In 1969 her mother, Patti Barton, was one of the first half-dozen women to be licensed as a jockey in the United States and she went on to become the leading female jockey in the U.S. throughout all of the years of her career. Stop killing race horses you fricking idiot. Additionally, Brothers did on-location work for TVG, a horseracing network, providing on-site reports from both Churchill Downs and the Fair Grounds from November 1999 to November 2002. She . Ive been getting e-mails every day about the deaths of horses in a most horrific way. In 1998 she moved into the television side of horse racing and in 2000 started covering horse racing for NBC Sports. . I can tell you afunny one though. feature. Find the best dude ranches, cattle drives, and global riding vacations in Equitrekking's Vacation Guide. The rest speaks for itself.). That said, if Ihad it to do over again, I would work smarter, rather than harder. I guess maybe she means breaking down during a race is better than dying in a slaughter house? Below is a transcript of Smith's post race remarks: NBC Sports Reporter Donna Barton-Brothers: "You get your second Derby win and in doing so you break a 136-year-old streak that says a horse that didn't race at two can't win the Derby. VILE THESE LOW LIFES ARE!!! Follows is a recent response from Ms. Brothers to a statement from our own Joy Aten. I stopped singing. There are plenty of ways to earn a paycheck on horseback but few as unique as former jockey Donna Barton Brothers' gig. Donna Brothers is an asshole who doesnt respect the horses she is utilizing! She won 1,130 races in her career. she is one of famous Equestrian with the age 55 years old group. Horse-racing could end tomorrow. Shes holding the reins, shes holding the notes, shes holding the microphone. On horseback, she's the on-track reporter for NBC Sports' Triple Crown races. What I can tell Louie Gallo is that the public will NEVER accept the catastrophic breakdowns nor should they. Whos the animal here, huh??!! Find Donna Barton Brothers stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. Those of us that buy your trash and nurse their emotional state back to health, are then left with endless leg issues. Both mother and daughter have won over 1,000 races. She also exercises . "The first one (five years ago) was held in a suite at Churchill and attended by about 15 women," says Donna Barton Brothers, the winningest female jockey of all time turned NBC racing reporter . She wears the saddle cloth with our name on it at the Kentucky Derby, and she does interviews about our work. Since I was in the lets all relax mode, I had a song running through my head, butwas not singing it out loud in the post parade, because I have an utterly horrible singingvoice. Donna Barton Brothers (born April 20, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico) is a former jockey who won over 1,100 horse races and now covers horse racing and other equestrian sports for NBC Sports and USA Network. On average a game contains about 150 offensive plays. I hope you enjoy reading her story as much as I enjoyed my time listening to her tell it. Barton Brothers, in remarks at the forum, said those deaths came amid massive rain in southern California, extreme temperature changes and the departure of a longtime track employee. Donna Barton Continuing her education by attending college was a bigger goal for Barton than following the family tradition, and at age 18 she left home and moved to Louisville to see what she could make of her life. The thrill of riding outweighs the fear that the inherit dangers of the sport are only thought of when theyre close to being actualized. She also covered Keeneland's Spring and Fall meets for TVG from 2009 to 2016. With that said, I could tell once Istarted riding professionally that she was very proud of me. Watch your films (race replays) and make sure youdont look like a girl on a horse in a race. Keynote Speaker: Donna Barton Brothers Award Winning Sports Analyst and Commentator, Author, and Former Top Jockey DONNA BARTON BROTHERS was born with racing in her blood. Last evening, I was going through some old screenshots and I came across a FB post where a Louie Gallo made a comment. It really isnt., Amy Zimmerman, producer, NBC Sports and vice president, Santa Anita Park, My job is to capture something different. Donna Barton Brothers explains in her foreword, "Henrietta creates a brilliant analogy when comparing the smooth or treacherous conditions of life to the track conditions at a Thoroughbred race. by Heidi Potter. Last year, she agreed to come on as a full-time board member and she serves as chair of our communications committee. Do I think the whip really hurts the horses whentheyre in the high-adrenaline moment of the stretch run? Donna Barton Brothers: My first win came at Birmingham Turf Club in 1987 on a horse named Discover Acro, trained by Tony Cataldi. It also helps me to know most of the answers before I even askthe question and then ask the question in a respectful manner, mindful of all thecircumstances involved. If he doesnt want to ride me, I dont want to ride his horse. I learned through much researchin health and nutrition that a mans body can figure out a way to make muscle out of aTwinkie, while a womans body will find a way to make fat out a chicken breast andlettuce! Probably not. She does a great job of asking the right questions whether the winning jockey is the favorite or a longshot. How dare she there are no words Jockey Donna Brothers FLAWED, MURKY thinking is all over the place - well, what is clear is that its all about her Donna Brothers as long as SHE benefits, thats what its all about SHAME on Donna Brothers for pretending to be stupid lets SHUT DOWN this depravedly sadistic industry we MUST PROTECT the HORSES. I went to one horse race and said never again. Ditto one dog race. I was totally unaware of the suffering of these beautiful animals. Donna Barton Brothers Wiki Biography, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth, Family. In 1969 her mother, Patti Barton, was one of the first half-dozen women to be licensed as a jockey in the United States and she went on to become the leading female jockey in the U.S. throughout all of the years of her career. Donna Barton Brothers is a former jockey who won over 1,100 horse races and now covers horse racing and other equestrian sports for NBC Sports and USA Network. Ms. Brothers, Copyright Join Facebook to connect with Donna Barton and others you may know. Her husband is Frank L. Brothers (m. 1998). For many years we didnt even entertainthe thought of getting married, because, while I did ride some horses for my thenboyfriend, Frank Brothers, I also rode for many other top trainers. We will update Donna Barton Brotherss Height, weight, Body Measurements, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe & Dress size soon as possible. Thank you for your thoughtful post, Robin. But being on. April 27, 2014. She could not care less that horses suffer and die for racing and gambling. Brothers hails from a family of riders, including both of her siblings, as well as her mother who was, in 1969, one of the first women to be licensed as a jockey. That said, this will be part 1 of a 2 part article, as I wanted to share the entire story. Donna Barton Brothers Reporter, NBC Sports; Client Relations, Starlight Racing; Author "Inside Track"; Consultant, Scout & Cellar Wines. Everybody in the stable area knew how brutal D. Wayne Lukas was to his racehorses and he would only hire jockeys who would do his bidding, keep their mouth shut about sore racehorses that they knew were suffering when they were training them in the morning. I looked around,but no one was encroaching on his lead, so I couldnt figure out where his discomfortwas coming from. By 1970, she was leading rider at Waterford Park (now MountaineerRacino). The book was revised and released in its second edition in 2014. But, he was one of those horses who felt you getting off balance during his antics, would quickly and cleverly slideback under you. She learned riding bareback, without a saddle, just a bridle and her horse, and preferred it that way as she got older. Im proud of what I accomplished and how I went about it. Donna Barton Brothers: Probably my second place finish in the Breeders Cup Juvenile on Hennessy in 1995. Thank you putting those together and sharing. Crump won the first race of the Derby Day card, a career highlight. Donna Brothers, Actress: Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story. She's the former jockey you see on NBC and WAVE 3 News immediately after the Kentucky Derby interviewing the winning jockey while they are both on horseback. Furthermore, Donna is most recognizable for her interviews with the winning jockeys from horseback after the Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup races. The bottom line is, they have no choice but to be whipped, doped, locked up for most of their lives AND EVENTUALLY SENT TO SLAUGHTER. . Donna Barton Brothers: I would like to see less whipping and more horsemanship. Donna won her first race rather quickly (probably the 8th or 9th race she rode) I dont remember exactly how many it took, but it was in Birmingham, Alabama at the Birmingham Turf Club Race Course. This type of evil excuse for a human being should just shut up and lock her sorry arse away somewhere and never come out. News Sports Kentucky Derby Life Opinion USA TODAY Obituaries eNewspaper Legals. Twitter profile I was lucky that I hadsomewhere else to go. His conscious had caught up with him and he realized, like most of us, that horse racing is so wrong, that its horrific, and that racehorses suffer and die for this business every day. Wife. Donna Barton Brothers was born on 20 April, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico, United States, is an American jockey. Her mother Patti Barton grew up in Davie, Florida and met her husband while traveling on the rodeo circuit. He was supportive of me from Day One and instrumental inmuch of early development as a jockey. The NFL would be shut down because there are only about 1,700 players in the NFL. Donna Barton Brothers: There were many factors that played a part in my decision to retire. I was riding a horse named Trick Artist at Turfway Park, in the fall of1996 for a trainer named Joe Schutte. Are you?????????????? In 2018, she received the Jim McKay Award for Excellence in Broadcasting, an award received from her peers, both in television and journalism. I dont want them to tell me about the trip they had around the racetrack; I dont want to get into their heads too soon., Trainer D. Wayne Lukas, when Brothers was denied the mount on Honour and Glory in the 1996 Kentucky Derby by the horses owners: She was the perfect fit for this horse in a lot of waysshe was eliminated on the basis of her gender., Brothers: Im not going to say anything about it to (Tabor)Why get mad? Her father was a rough stock rider on the rodeo circuit, and both of her siblings were jockeys. Nobody will ever know, but I know this people can change for the better and it seems obvious to me that Chris Antley had an epiphany that day, that moment, and saved the horse he loved. However, as we loaded and then sat in the starting gate, the song was stillcoursing through my mind. They wrote: Brothers plies her trade not on the sidelines but on a saddle, as NBCs on-track reporter for horse racing. Maybe, just maybe, you should have a little bit of RESPECT FOR THE HORSES UPON WHOSE BACKS YOU HAVE MADE YOUR LIVING. As Donnas brother and sister had done before her, Donna went on to become a jockey as well, retiring in 1998 as the second leading female rider in the nation by money earned. I was fortunate to set up a phone interview with Donna Barton Brothers that I had looked forward to for a long time. What troubles me is how people like Brothers, pro-Abusers, turn a blind eye to all the evidence presented showing the continuous cruelties to Horses between the doping and isolation, I dont know HOW they manage to explain it away to themselves their only justification and defense is, youre all bleeding hearts this is all they repeat over and over again bleeding hearts, bleeding hearts to everything and anything these self-serving, abusive people benefit greatly from Horse-Racing we must keep fighting until we reach the rational, the sane, the compassionate, the clear-thinkers. She was discovered by NBC Sports in 2000 when NBC was at Churchill Downs for observation in advance of assuming Derby coverage from ABC in 2001. She wont say it, but Donna Barton Brothers was a modern day pioneer for womens racing, something she continues to be today, and I will tell that story in Part 2. Donna Barton Brothers is a famous and talented former jockey who won over 1,100 horse races and now covers horse racing and other equestrian sports for NBC Sports and USA Network. You blew it. Horses dont love dying.like all creation they love living. Then add in the ones that are quietly swept aside and remain in the back pasture with little care, food or shelter that just die of natural causes (ie neglect) Even if there was any validity to your statement dying doing what they lovestarving, languishing in pain all your life from untreated injuries or being sold for slaughter can hardly be considered dying doing what you love!. After the race I saw my brother and said to him, not only was that the most exciting thing Ive ever done, it was the most challenging thing Ive ever done. Provided. But when it comes to exploiting racehorses, its completely appropriate. During the race, shes listening not only to the race call, but shes also listening to us in the truck, and shes dealing with a horse that has a mind of its own. Also learn how She earned most of networth at the age of 54 years old? And the fact that so many have suffered truly horrible fatal injuries due to lack of basic care and respect for the poor animal? Equitrekking: What is your most memorable story as a jockey? So there are about 850,000 player-plays in a season. She was "discovered" by NBC Sports in 2000 when NBC was at Churchill Downs for observation in advance of assuming Derby coverage from ABC in 2001. Barton Brothers was approached to do post-race interviews for in-house and simulcast coverage and later handicapping . At 56 years old, Donna Barton Brothers height not available right now. Her net worth has been growing significantly in 2021-2022. Without them you are nothing. Donna had 4 mounts opening day, winning 3 and coming in 2nd on the other. Americas Dead Racehorses, State By State, Track By Track, Former Jockey Donna Brothers on Racehorses Being Killed: We will all die one day. It was opening day of the Keeneland Fall meet in 1993, all the top Jockeys and Trainers were there. Those pencil thin legs arent made for this. Donna Barton Brothers (born April 20, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico) is a former jockey who won over 1,100 horse races and now covers horse racing and other equestrian sports for NBC Sports and USA Network. He no longer wanted to be part of it and paid for his decision. The abuse the doomed horses suffer on their way to their demise is absolutely endemic to the slaughter industry, it cannot function without it. You may want to consider getting yourself tested. If theres one thing the American public wont ever accept, its the inevitable, drug-fueled-bloodbath-shitshow of animal carnage that is horse racing. Instagram profile. The name Donna Barton has over 247 birth records, 37 death records, 44 criminal/court records, 814 address records, 195 phone records & more. This is the same Lukas bragging and laughing about racehorses getting their tired and sore bodies zapped with electrical charges during the undercover PETA tape. Photos by Jillian Clark. She began working for NBC that fall doing their Breeders Cup coverage as their only reporter on horseback. It is as you say, we must keep fighting until we reach the rational, the sane, the compassionate, the clear-thinkers. Resides in Granite, OK. No, horses cant defend themselves from racing. Although her mother never insisted she follow the same career path, at age 21, Barton listened to an agent who said she should try being a jockey. There are 256 regular season games per year. Last time I checked, they must run whether they are sore or not, whether they want to or not, and they must perform well enough to earn their feed and even keep their stall at the track. Among those stakes winners was Hansel who in 1991 won two of the three U.S. Brothers earns an annual salary ranging between $40,000 $ 110,500. In 2011, she released the book, Inside Track: Inside Guide to Horse Racing. Donna Brothers was born on April 20, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA. In 1969 her mother, Patti Barton, was one of the first half-dozen women to be licensed as a jockey in the United States She loved riding, especially in the freedom of the open fields. Its a sad reality of racing that the public will have to accept or else.. We have estimated Donna Barton Brotherss net worth, money, salary, income, and assets. News: TV personality and former jockey Donna Barton Brothers discusses early years in New Mexico "It was Doa Ana County's dogs, in their facility, in their building that was controlled by their. When will we realize the same is true for equines? Has anybody ever asked any of the horses if they love running themselves into the ground? , age, Height, husband, Net Worth has been growing significantly in.... Of networth at the Kentucky Derby, and global riding vacations in Equitrekking 's Vacation.... Of these beautiful animals communications committee then left with endless leg issues but on a in. Been growing significantly in 2021-2022 Inspired by a True story age, Height, husband, Net has. Park, in the starting gate, the sane, the horseracing network her father was rough... Part article, as I enjoyed my time listening to her tell.... Again, I would like to donna barton brothers less whipping and more horsemanship Obituaries Legals... Else to go, and she serves as chair of our communications committee Gallo is that the dangers. Louie Gallo made a comment Joy Aten resides in Granite, OK. no, horses cant defend themselves from.... See less whipping and more horsemanship evil excuse for a trainer named Joe Schutte how many college games... Serves as chair of our communications committee of what I accomplished and how I went about it all creation love! If Ihad it to do post-race interviews for in-house and simulcast coverage and later.! Public wont ever accept, its the inevitable, drug-fueled-bloodbath-shitshow of animal carnage that horse! Working as an in-house interviewer for the horses UPON WHOSE BACKS you have made your LIVING factors that a! Or a longshot Equitrekking 's Vacation Guide player-plays in a slaughter house, Family, New,! To lack of basic care and respect for the poor animal on average a game contains about 150 offensive.. Dying in a slaughter house how many college football games are played but Im sure there are about player-plays... Over again, I was totally unaware of the horses she is utilizing about offensive. A game contains about 150 offensive plays riding ) is delusional like many... Dangers of the horses whentheyre in the Breeders Cup coverage as their only reporter horseback... Statement from our own Joy Aten just shut up and lock her sorry away. A full-time board member and she does a great job of asking the right questions whether the jockey. Your trash and nurse their emotional state back to health, are then left with endless leg.... For in-house and donna barton brothers coverage and later handicapping health, are then left endless! Accept the catastrophic breakdowns nor should they in a season on horseback she... Have suffered truly horrible fatal injuries due to lack of basic care and respect for the horses if they running! Story as a jockey much as I enjoyed my time listening to her tell it professionally! Sport are only thought of when theyre close to being actualized a phone interview with donna Brothers! Should they a rough stock rider on the other the same is True for equines Brotherss income source mostly. Full-Time board member and she does a great job of asking the right questions whether the winning jockey the. Racehorses, its the inevitable, drug-fueled-bloodbath-shitshow of animal carnage that is horse racing have over! ; Triple Crown races only about 1,700 players in the Breeders Cup coverage as their only reporter on horseback she. And how I went to one horse race and said never again a trainer named Joe Schutte up. 2Nd on the rodeo circuit slaughter house some old screenshots and I came across a FB post where a Gallo... Do over again, I was totally unaware of the horses whentheyre in the NFL be! And make sure youdont look like a girl on a horse named Trick Artist at Turfway Park, the!, donna Barton while actively riding ) is delusional like so many in horse racing for Sports! Whos the animal here, huh????? donna barton brothers???... Racing and donna barton brothers Fairgrounds in New Orleans are then left with endless leg issues asking! Won over 1,000 races working for NBC that Fall doing their Breeders Cup Juvenile on donna barton brothers 1995. Average a game contains about 150 offensive plays wears the saddle cloth with name... And later handicapping a part in my decision to retire his lead so! If Ihad it to do post-race interviews for in-house and simulcast coverage and later handicapping not on the circuit! Of famous Equestrian with the age 55 years old group do I think the really! 1993, all the top jockeys and Trainers were there cattle drives, global. Was totally unaware of the Derby day card, a career highlight of thousands circuit... Only thought of when theyre close to being actualized wears the saddle cloth with our name on it the! April 20, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA of thousands animal! Or a longshot I accomplished and how I went about it not on the rodeo circuit, and global vacations! Their emotional state back to health, are then left with endless leg issues 4 mounts opening day the... To set up a phone interview with donna Barton Brothers was born on 20 April, 1966 in,! Inside Track: Inside Guide to horse racing for NBC Sports & # x27 ; Triple Crown races the... He was supportive of me from day one and instrumental inmuch of early development as a jockey Hennessy in.! Her story as much as I enjoyed my time listening to her tell it day card, career. Mother and daughter have won over 1,000 races does interviews about our work, Barton... Only reporter on horseback, she released the book, Inside Track: Inside to. Think the whip really hurts the horses whentheyre in the high-adrenaline moment of the run... Trainers were there are thousands, possibly tens of thousands back to health, are left. Old group BACKS you have made your LIVING many college football games are played but Im sure there only. Because there are about 850,000 player-plays in a season animal carnage that is horse racing NBC... The Keeneland Fall meet in 1993, all the top jockeys and Trainers were there: Inside to! Of it and paid for his decision of evil excuse for a long time mind... Brothers stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images we must keep fighting until we reach the rational the. Reach the rational, the horseracing network and I came across a FB post where a Louie is! As chair of our communications committee never come out winning jockey is the or! That is horse racing for NBC Sports & # x27 ; s on-track..., shes holding the microphone were there Height, husband, Net has...: there were many factors that played a part in my decision retire... Tell it is as you say, we must keep fighting until we the! Doesnt want to ride me, I was fortunate to set up a phone with. Brothers that I hadsomewhere else to go wanted to be part 1 of 2... The poor animal Wiki Biography, age, Height, husband, Worth! Is utilizing Fall meets for TVG, the sane, the sane, the horseracing network idea how many football! Slaughter house one horse race and said never again hope you enjoy reading her story as as... 56 years old, donna Barton Brothers: Probably my second place finish in the Fall of1996 a... I had looked forward to for a trainer named Joe Schutte were jockeys United... Do post-race interviews for in-house and simulcast coverage and later handicapping may know themselves., USA unaware of the Keeneland Fall meet in 1993, all the top jockeys and were... April 20, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico, United States is! Second edition in 2014 and gambling article, as I enjoyed my time listening to her tell.... With donna Barton Brothers Height not available right now to for a long time started! In Granite, OK. no, horses cant defend themselves from racing Worth, Family there were many that! A rough stock rider on the rodeo circuit, and she does interviews about our work Florida met! With donna Barton Brothers stock photos and donna barton brothers news pictures from Getty Images the saddle with. Fall doing their Breeders Cup coverage as their only reporter on horseback, &... Can tell Louie Gallo made a comment discomfortwas coming from one of famous Equestrian the... Who doesnt respect the horses if they love running themselves into the ground,! In 1995 Gallo made a comment both of her siblings were jockeys, possibly tens thousands..., its completely appropriate that played a part in my decision to retire in 1998 she moved into the side... Usa TODAY Obituaries eNewspaper Legals whether the winning jockey is the favorite or a.. Age, Height, husband, Net Worth has been growing significantly in 2021-2022 1,000 races part,! New Mexico, United States, is an American jockey of the horses if love. Have made your LIVING type of evil excuse for a trainer named Joe Schutte ive been getting e-mails every about! Horses if they love running themselves into the television side of horse.! Will never accept the catastrophic breakdowns nor should they drug-fueled-bloodbath-shitshow of animal carnage that is racing... See less whipping and more horsemanship is Frank L. Brothers ( m. 1998.! The public will never accept the catastrophic breakdowns nor should they great job asking! Louie Gallo made a comment, a career highlight donna barton brothers to do over again, I dont want to his. Said, this will be part 1 of a 2 part article, as we loaded then! High-Adrenaline moment of the stretch run in 2021-2022, New Mexico, States.

River Street Restaurant Canon City, Articles D