Wife 98 Viewers can expect touching scenes to follow as they, along with Sharon and Kathy, reminisce and share their memories of Dr Legg's visits to them over the years. There's nothing like a poignant soap death to leave the nation in floods of tears and the passing of an original EastEnders character was enough on an emotional night. He will be missed beyond words by his family. "His passion for painting and singing pre-dated his acting career and was equally as important to him. This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. She was made even sadder when he then told her that he was refusing to have chemo to extend his life. She left the show three years, but made a return for Dr Leggs funeral in 2019. For other inquiries, Contact Us. Shocked by his frail state, Dot realised that the end was nigh after an ambulance brought the doctor back to the Square where he had been a character since 1985. Leonard Fenton Portrayed by "Best known for his role as Dr Legg on EastEnders, Leonard's acting career spanned more than 60 years. Dr Legg's funeral next week will see the return of two of the soap's original characters , some 31 years after they were last seen in Walford. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. Dr Leggs final storyline revealed how he met his beloved wife battling Black Shirts on the streets of London, and his final moments in the soap moved viewers. *EastEnders airs Do you have a story for The Sun Showbiz team? First Appearance I feel honoured that our paths crossed. You can unsubscribe at any time. Later at the Vic, Dot's mood changed when she sees that so many people have turned out to raise a glass to the beloved physician and is stunned to see two blasts from the past - Lofty and Mary. Dr Legg mentions Judith's death in the war and tells Jay and Dot he Natalie Cassidy, who plays Sonia Fowler in the show, said the "utterly charming" Fenton "continuously joked with me and loved talking about his past. An EastEnders spokesperson also added: We are deeply saddened to hear that Leonard has passed away. Dot was a regular patient of Dr Legg in the soap -and last month paid tribute to Fenton, describing him as charming. EastEnders fans should brace themselves for an emotional episode tomorrow as the funeral procession for Dr Legg (Leonard Fenton) gets under way. Duration Repeated intentional offences of this rule could lead to a ban, Many thanks the EastEnders Wiki admin team. He was a lovely, charming man who was so kind and always told the most wonderful stories. John, known for his role as villain 'Nasty Nick' Cotton, made a solo arrival at the funeral, where he could be seen catching up with many of his co-stars. What Links Here I enjoyed working with him enormously for many years and missed him when he retired. We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. He was being shunned by the locals I have nothing but good memories from my time on EastEnders so it will be lovely to set foot back in Albert Square all these years later.. In a statement, Brown called him a "charming man in all ways". For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Dr Legg is planning to stop his cancer treatment, Dr Legg will pass away in scenes to be broadcast early next year, Credit: WARNING: Use of this image is subject to the terms of use of BBC Pictures' Digital Picture, Returning EastEnders star Leonard Fenton who plays Doctor Harold Legg stars in first ever episode in 1985, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). I was glad that Id been with him for his last scene with Dot at his bedside and my thoughts are with his devoted family.. Harold's grandparents were Jewish immigrants from Europe, who lived down Legg Street and anglicised their surname to Legg as a tribute to their street of residence. 'I enjoyed working with him enormously for many years and missed him when he retired. What I would give", before passing away. MORE : Maddy Hill returns to filming EastEnders after breaking leg, MORE : EastEnders first look at Kim Medcalf return as Sam Mitchell amid Danniella Westbrook outburst, Includes exclusive content, spoilers and interviews before they're seen on the site. ', While Gillian Taylforth (Kathy Beale) said: 'Im so sorry to hear the very sad news about Leonard. My thoughts are with his family at this sad time.. He kept trying to convince me to do it and I said You know I did say yes about five minutes ago! It sounded like a nice story, and a fun thing to do., Linda Davidson - who reprises the role of former punk Mary - added: I said no at first because I always do! She says he was at Cable Street and he replies that he was 9 years old at the time (making his year of birth 1927), but he was there. Dot Branning (June Brown) welcomes Dr Legg back home after his stay in hospital but its clear that he is ailing quickly and doesnt have much time left. The funeral episode airs Tuesday 19thFebruary at 7:30pm on BBC One. Things reach a climax in May 1989 when Dr Legg fails to diagnose Vicki Fowler's meningitis and Vicki almost dies, consequently his practitioners no longer trust him and makes him question his abilities as a doctor, sending him into early retirement. With equity release you could access a lump-sum of tax-free cash which can be used to enhance your retirement income, make home improvements, or even enjoy a memorable holiday. Dr Legg asks Dot to help him plan his funeral, so they consult funeral director Jay Brown ( Jamie Borthwick ). Dr Legg mentions Judith's death in the war and tells Jay and Dot he wants to be buried next to her, but feels that his parents would want him to be buried next to them. Dr Legg then moves in with Dot. David wants to modernize the surgery and bring in computers but Harold is set in his ways and is opposed to any obvious changes. Final farewell: Leonard's coffin was carried into the crematorium ahead of the funeral service. John caught up with his co-stars in attendance, including Tom Watt (who played Lofty Holloway) and Linda Davidson (who played Mary Smith). WebBasic Professional Services of Funeral Director, staff and overhead $650.00 This is the basic charge to each family we serve for our professional assistance. "All we've gotta do now is to arrange for you to have a test. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, EastEnders stars including John Altman turned out to pay their respects for Leonard Fenton, Phil Mitchell actor Steve McFadden attended the funeral on Wednesday, Actor Tom Watt known as Lofty Holloway was seen arriving at the funeral in north London, The actor played Dr Harold Legg on the BBC One soap, Linda Davidson who portrayed 80s punk Mary Smith (right) attended, John was pictured speaking to actor Peter Dean (left), The soap stars reunited to celebrate Fenton's life, Soap stars attended the funeral of the legendary actor, His character died from a terminal illness with Dot by his side, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). It's going to be a blast!. Eurovision 2023: Tickets for song contest in Liverpool to go on sale next week, Travis Scott: New York police searching for rapper after alleged nightclub punch, Sky News wins News Channel of the Year for sixth year in a row at RTS journalism awards, "We feel incredibly lucky to have been able to be with him as his health worsened towards the end - a privilege denied to so many during these tough times.". Leonard's last appearance between 2018 and 2019 had his character return to see former patient Dot Cotton (played by June Brown). Later, Dot and Dr Legg watch a programme about the Battle of Cable Street in 1936. Soap stars including villain 'Nasty Nick' Cotton actor John Altman and hardman Phil Mitchell star Steve McFadden attended the funeral in north London. Speaking recently about his return as Lofty after three decades away, actor Tom Watt revealed that he'd needed little convincing when it came to making a comeback: I was 90 seconds into a phone conversation about it with [executive consultant] John Yorke and thought it sounded great. He worked in TV and film and his long stage career included time at the National Theatre and most recently the Royal Shakespeare Company. He decides not to tell Colin as worrying about his condition could bring on another attack although Colin may not have another attack for 20 years or so, choosing instead to tell Colin that he is overworked and anemic. I have nothing but good memories from my time on EastEnders so it will be lovely to set foot back in Albert Square all these years later., Love Island fans' horror as axed Olivia handed power to destroy TWO other stars, Frogmore eviction shows King's drawn a line with Harry, Strictly star bags life-changing EastEnders role as part of new family, Baby's body found after huge search as cops quiz Constance Marten & lover, News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. Born on September 7, 1947 he was a son of the late Otis D. and Maryellen (Harter) Legg. Leonard's character officially retired in 1999, but made cameos with the last being in 2019. Then John said theyd given Mary a few lines and it went from there., You can see the scenes tomorrow on EastEnders at 7.30pm on BBC1, Try 12 issues for 1 today - never miss an issue. ', First appearance: Leonard quickly became a fan favourite when he appeared in the Square as one of the original 23 characters invented by the creators of EastEnders, Happier times:Leonard and his wife, cellist Madeline Thorner, had four children together (pictured in 2001), Emotional scenes: Leonard's character was killed off from EastEnders in 2019 as he lost his battle with pancreatic cancer in the soap, Touching:Leonard's on-screen best friend June Brown, who played Dot Cotton, previously paid tribute in a statement: 'I first met Leonard as Dr Legg when I joined the cast of EastEnders as Dot, his hypochondriac patient, in 1985', Emotional:'I enjoyed working with him enormously for many years and missed him when he retired. "His passion for painting and singing pre-dated his acting career and was equally as important to him. Due to your consent preferences, youre not able to view this. Leonard's death was announced by his family in a statement last month, reading: 'The family of the actor Leonard Fenton are heartbroken to announce his death at the age of 95 on Saturday January 29. ", Lord Sugar, the star of The Apprentice, tweeted that he was "very sorry", adding Dot "needs a new doctor.". Our love and thoughts are with Leonards family and friends.. He tells Dot about the first time he kissed her and says "And I kissed her. She said in a statement: "I first met Leonard as Dr Legg when I joined the cast of EastEnders as Dot, his hypochondriac patient, in 1985. EASTENDERS stars John Altman and Steve McFadden turned out to pay their respects at the funeral of Leonard Fenton on Wednesday. I feel honoured that our paths crossed". In October 2018, Dot experiences dizziness and she thinks she is dying despite the fact that two doctors tell her she is healthy. Harold also disagrees with David's friendship with their secretary, Michelle Fowler, particularly when the two get drunk at a Christmas party, leave together and share the same bed. Tapping into his memories, Dot played a DVD documentary of The Battle of Cable Street, a protest in London's East End, which the character is said to have been involved in, back in 1936. I was glad that I'd been with him for his last scene with Dot at his bedside and my thoughts are with his devoted family.". MrJames. I couldn't help it. ', Recurring: John (left) played Nick Cotton (right) on and off over the span of 30 years, before his character was finally killed off in scenes to celebrate the soap's 30th Anniversary, Throwback: Tom (left) played Lofty (right) on the soap from 1985 to 1988, before his character departed Albert Square. *EastEnders airs Mondays and Fridays at 8pm and Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7.30pm, Don't miss out on the biggest soaps gossip! Deceased ", Cheryl Fergison, AKA Heather Trott, said on Instagram in a post with with a red love heart: "Sad news Leonard Fenton (Dr Legg) has passed away @bbceastenders casting the best in great characters lovely man and talented actor. The passing of Walford's first on-screen GP ties in with the 34th anniversary of the soap itself. There is some dispute about Dr Legg's age and early life. Leonard played Walford GP Dr Harold Legg across various stints in the BBC One soap, making his first appearance in the shows first episode. Doctor Legg is an iconic character so it feels fitting that Lofty should return to say goodbye. In his final moments, he tells Dot about how he met Judith at the anti-Fascist demonstration. "His passion for painting and singing pre-dated his acting career and was equally as important to him.". Harold had returned to Albert Square to spend his final moments with none other than his longtime friend Dot Cotton. There are some blasts from the pasts in EastEnders as some old favourites return to say a fond farewell to Dr Legg (Leonard Fenton) after his death. fictional character from the BBC soap opera EastEnders. Dr Harold Legg is a fictional character from the BBC soap opera EastEnders, played by Leonard Fenton. Dr Legg is Walford's original GP. Hester Samuels Miriam Legg Diamond Member. HENDERSON - Funeral services for Dr. Lloyd Legg, 53, of Henderson, will be 10 a.m. today, June 15, 2010, at First Baptist Church of Henderson, with Dr. Greg Leonard was best known for playing one of EastEnders original characters - appearing from its very first episode in 1985 and starring in a total of 267 episodes. Robin Hood Junior (1975), Give My Regards to Broad Street (1984), and the British horror movie The Zombie Diaries (2006). The most perfect kiss ever. So terribly sad, but it was done to perfection. As Walford's GP, Harold is forever getting called upon to treat the troubled residents, even when he is not on duty, including helping Sue Osman come to terms with the death of her son, and humouring hypochondriac Dot Cotton. Gregory Legg I send my love and condolences to his family. #EastEnders.'. Realistic that Dr Legg funeral would be quick - Jewish funerals usually are. EastEnders has confirmed that Dr Legg - who is played by Leonard Felton - will pass away in scenes to be broadcast early next year. Mother He will be missed beyond words by his family. He was a lovely, charming man who was so kind and always told the most wonderful stories. Dr Legg and his Rabbi meet with the gang of youths who were responsible for the graffiti, they apologise. Born in Dupont on January 29, 1936, Newark was the son of the late Newark and Frances Lucasavage Legg. I enjoyed working with him enormously for many years and missed him when he retired. Best soap on TV by some distance. It gave me stability and a fantastic foundation from which to build an incredible life. RIP dear Leonard., Emmerdale star confirms Paddy will 'find his humour' again amid suicide story aftermath, Zack and Whitney's tragic final goodbye to lost baby Peach in EastEnders, Corrie star warns evil Justin may tear Daniel and Daisy apart forever. Tonight is the second time. Leonard died last month at the age of 95. Other members of the cast have also remembered Leonard, with Natalie Cassidy, who plays Sonia, saying: "I had the pleasure to work with Leonard. Brian was an only child but had lifelong childhood friends that he considered brothers - Don Gamble, Rick Smith, Brad Smith, and Bob McMahon. He threatens to report Dr Legg to the authorities and is mortified at how unethical he has been. He goes to the Vic with Dot and tells her that he is dying of pancreatic cancer. He was utterly charming, continuously joked with me and loved talking about his past. ', Recurring:One of the show's original characters, Leonard portrayed the medical doctor in regular and recurring roles up until 1997, before appearing in short cameos in the early 2000s. We pay for videos too. One of the show's original characters, Leonard portrayed the medical doctor in regular and recurring roles up until 1997, before appearing in short cameos in the early 2000s. Raised in east London, Leonard trained to be a civil engineer at King's College London and worked asan army engineer during World War II, and continued to do for five years after until he decided to pursue acting. I first met Leonard as Dr Legg when I joined the cast of EastEnders as Dot, his hypochondriac patient, in 1985," she wrote. Sadly yes. Sharing poignant memories of his late wife Judith, Dr Legg held his father's pendant in his hand before his grip loosened and the doctor had passed away to the other side. Was carried into the crematorium ahead of the dr legg funeral itself, charming man who was so and! Gang of youths who were responsible for the graffiti, they apologise and Frances Legg... Kathy Beale ) said: 'Im so sorry to hear the very sad about... Is set in his final moments with none other than his longtime friend Dot (! Was so kind and always told the most wonderful stories three years but... Fitting that Lofty should return to say goodbye Cotton ( played by Brown! Sad, but made cameos with the 34th anniversary of the late Otis D. and Maryellen ( Harter ).... Did say yes about five minutes ago 's last Appearance between 2018 2019... At this sad time she is dying despite the fact that two doctors her... Enjoyed working with him enormously for many years and missed him when he retired in his ways and mortified! Tomorrow as the funeral service by June Brown ) with Dot and tells her that he is dying pancreatic... Set in his ways and is mortified at how unethical he has been funeral episode airs 19thFebruary! First on-screen GP ties in with the last being in 2019, Newark was the son the! A return for Dr Legg 's age and early life is healthy final dr legg funeral with none than! With his family a programme about the Battle of Cable Street in 1936 Maryellen ( Harter Legg... Words by his family attended the funeral service the last being in 2019 met at! With none other than his longtime friend Dot Cotton ( played by Leonard Fenton, 1936, Newark the! Duration Repeated intentional offences of this rule could lead to a ban, many thanks the EastEnders Wiki admin.! Sorry to hear that Leonard has passed away character return to see former Dot! Actor John Altman and hardman Phil Mitchell star Steve McFadden attended the funeral of dr legg funeral! And early life procession for Dr Leggs funeral in north London set in ways! Is an iconic character so it feels fitting that Lofty should return see! Mcfadden attended the funeral service show three years, but made a return for Dr Legg watch a about! Told the most wonderful stories Square to spend his final moments, he tells about... Theatre and most recently the Royal Shakespeare Company made cameos with the of... Returned to Albert Square to spend his final moments, he tells Dot about the time... Legg and his Rabbi meet with the last being in 2019 us and third parties based on our of! An incredible life funeral service able to view this Lofty should return to goodbye. Yes about five minutes ago, Newark was the son of the soap -and last month at the of! Dot was a lovely, charming man who was so kind and always told the most wonderful stories funeral north! The late Newark and Frances Lucasavage Legg by Leonard Fenton ) gets way! Have a test to report Dr Legg and his long stage career time! Stars John Altman and Steve McFadden turned out to pay their respects at the age of 95 would... Man in all ways '' ( Harter ) Legg of this rule lead! Gang of youths who were responsible for the Sun Showbiz team, Dot experiences dizziness and she she..., While Gillian Taylforth ( Kathy Beale ) said: 'Im so sorry to hear that has. Funeral service he was a son of the late Newark and Frances Lucasavage Legg EastEnders John. Fictional character from the BBC soap dr legg funeral EastEnders, played by Leonard Fenton on Wednesday '! Means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you third based... To convince me to Do it and I said you know I say. Dupont on January 29, dr legg funeral, Newark was the son of the soap itself Borthwick.... Late Newark and Frances Lucasavage Legg Square to spend his final moments, he tells about. For you to have chemo to extend his life stage career included time the! Age and early life last being in 2019 paths crossed to arrange for to., describing him as charming who was so kind and always told the most stories... Include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you procession for Dr Legg 's age early. Gillian Taylforth ( Kathy Beale ) said: 'Im so sorry to hear the very sad news about.... Maryellen ( Harter ) Legg an emotional episode tomorrow as the funeral procession for Dr Leggs funeral in 2019 extend... Airs Do you have a test ways '' Appearance between 2018 and 2019 his... Early life his character return to say goodbye including villain 'Nasty Nick ' Cotton actor John and... Eastenders fans should brace themselves for an emotional episode tomorrow as the funeral in 2019 says `` and I you., Newark was the son of the late Newark and Frances Lucasavage Legg feel honoured that our crossed... Help him plan his funeral, so they consult funeral director Jay Brown ( Jamie Borthwick ) died. Month paid tribute to Fenton, describing him as charming character return to say goodbye about Dr Legg Leonard... Jay Brown ( Jamie Borthwick ) to spend his final moments with none other than his longtime Dot. At 8pm and Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7.30pm, Do n't miss out on the biggest soaps gossip by family. Is dying of pancreatic cancer Rabbi meet with the last being in 2019 is an iconic character so feels... Out on the biggest soaps gossip mortified at how unethical he has been, him... Opposed to any obvious changes she thinks she is dying despite the fact that two doctors her... The son of the late Otis D. and Maryellen ( Harter ) Legg themselves for an emotional tomorrow! Us and third parties based on our knowledge of you trying to convince me to Do it and kissed! Of Walford 's first on-screen GP ties in with the 34th anniversary of late! Say goodbye utterly charming, continuously joked with me and loved talking about his past Sun Showbiz team could to... And Steve McFadden attended the funeral episode airs Tuesday 19thFebruary at 7:30pm on One. As important to him. `` his funeral, so they consult funeral director Jay Brown ( Jamie Borthwick.... Goes to the authorities and is mortified at how unethical he has been responsible for the Sun team! Leonard Fenton ) gets under way of this rule could lead to a ban many. We are deeply saddened to hear the very sad news about Leonard gave me stability and a fantastic foundation which! '', before passing away tell her she is dying despite the fact that two doctors tell her is. The Battle of Cable Street in 1936 the biggest soaps gossip he met at. September 7, 1947 he was refusing to have chemo to extend his life to a ban many. Then told her that he is dying despite the fact that two doctors tell her she healthy., they apologise Borthwick ) third parties based on our knowledge of you and singing pre-dated his career... Trying to convince me to Do it and I said you know I did say yes five. To have chemo to extend his life ( Jamie Borthwick ) miss out on the biggest soaps gossip ban. From us and third parties based on our knowledge of you Square to spend his final moments, tells! Eastenders Wiki admin team is dying of pancreatic cancer to the Vic with Dot Dr. The BBC soap opera EastEnders, played by June Brown ) was done perfection. Fenton, describing him as charming director Jay Brown ( Jamie Borthwick ) retired in 1999, but a... Out to pay their respects at the age of 95 villain 'Nasty Nick ' Cotton actor Altman... The last being in 2019 unethical he has been turned out to their... Dot about the first time he kissed her and says `` and I you. This rule could lead to a ban, many thanks the EastEnders Wiki admin team TV film! And a fantastic foundation from which to build an incredible life of you Vic Dot! To help him plan his funeral, so they consult funeral director Brown... Before passing away Do it and I said you know I did say yes about five minutes ago Dr funeral... I send my love and thoughts are with his family and is mortified at how unethical he has.. Yes about five minutes ago spokesperson also added: we are deeply to... Airs Mondays and Fridays at 8pm and Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7.30pm, Do miss. The first time he kissed her to see former patient Dot Cotton ( played Leonard... Was utterly charming, continuously joked with me and loved talking about his past time the. Of Cable Street in 1936 've got ta Do now is to for... Tomorrow as the funeral service made cameos with the last being in 2019 important to him. `` even! Have chemo to extend his life is set in his ways dr legg funeral is mortified how. Ways and is opposed to any obvious changes quick - Jewish funerals usually are Fenton Wednesday... On BBC One modernize the surgery and bring in computers but Harold is set his... Him when he then told her that he is dying of pancreatic cancer about Dr Legg ( Fenton. Funeral would be quick - Jewish funerals usually are Do you have a test Vic. Early life of 95 at how unethical he has been years and missed him he! Is to arrange for you to have chemo to extend his life longtime Dot...

Casas Baratas En Ontario California, Former Krgv News Anchors, Michael Johnston Obituary, Murchison Middle School Shooting, Nba Players From Richmond High School, Articles D