Shea quickly made herself an Instagram account using photos of their own home to start and began searching for clients. If you need cleaning supplies? Hosted by Shea and Syd McGee of Studio McGee, this. 3 on July 18, 2021. There's a special secret to doing it, too. Their house is from the 1970s, and the couple has renovated their whole house room by room in order to fit their aesthetics. Shortly after graduating, the couple tied the knot in 2018 and moved from Utah to Laguna Beach, California. "The fact that I went to school for something else, and I learned how to promote myself and market myself, ended up proving to be a huge part of the growth of our business," she said on Guy Kawasaki's "Remarkable People" podcast. Of course, something as simple as the 9oz Glass Jar Mandarin Orange Blossom Candle will only set you back $10, but if you want to go all out, might we suggest the best-selling Portola Hills Furniture Collection? "But the good outweighs the bad," Shea told Wit & Delight. "As I pulled into the lot, I knew I was in trouble," she continued (via Popsugar). she admitted to PopSugar. After a year of struggling to keep up with payments, the McGees made the tough decision to leave California. Syd and Shea McGee star in 'Dream Home Makeover' on Netflix Loaded Progress 0:00 / 1:32 Video Quality +5 View gallery Girl time: Shea and Syd are already parents to Wren, seven, and Ivy, five. "When we came home from the little downtown office that we had, that was in a really run-down part of downtown Salt Lake, we would play with our oldest, Wren [now 7], for a little bit, put her to bed, and then we'd go back to work again until like 11:30, midnight, and do that every day. "The budgets don't sound like other TV budgets, but it's also because we are being more truthful," she told The Salt Lake Tribune. In fact, Shea hopes that viewers come away from the series with ideas for their own home, no matter where they live and what they're working with. "We cut out everything that wasn't mortgage or food." "And our business is very intertwined with our family life." 2. With Syd as the CEO and Shea as interior designer extraordinaire, it looks like the McGees are only rising higher with each passing day. When Dream Home Makeover's Syd and Shea McGee were still desperately trying to make ends meet, they leaned on one another and the promise of running their dream business together to pull through. A North Carolina couple featured on ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition pushed out their five adopted children and split them up once the show built them their dream home, according to. But no matter where you get your demo-and-reno fix, one thing about all of these shows is the same: They all have to work within a budget. .LalRrQILNjt65y-p-QlWH{fill:var(--newRedditTheme-actionIcon);height:18px;width:18px}.LalRrQILNjt65y-p-QlWH rect{stroke:var(--newRedditTheme-metaText)}._3J2-xIxxxP9ISzeLWCOUVc{height:18px}.FyLpt0kIWG1bTDWZ8HIL1{margin-top:4px}._2ntJEAiwKXBGvxrJiqxx_2,._1SqBC7PQ5dMOdF0MhPIkA8{vertical-align:middle}._1SqBC7PQ5dMOdF0MhPIkA8{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-ms-flex-direction:row;flex-direction:row;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center} When she had finally secured a full-time job in her field of public relations, "I was not passionate about my day job," she admitted to My Domaine. "So when I went to college, I studied communications instead." "And that wouldn't have happened had it not been for the reach that Instagram has.". New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Getting to share this philosophy with millions on a platform like Netflix is the opportunity of a lifetime.". Even pre-FDS he irritated me so much! "We have projects in New York and in L.A.," she said. 1. But everything just looks fairly trendy and so far, there doesn't seem to be much variation. So what is his net worth? However, that's not lost on Shea and Syd McGee. As the firms designs and fan base grew, it paved the way for the launch of their e-commerce brand, McGee & Co., two years later, according to their site, Studio McGee. We focus on effective dating strategies for women who want to take control of their dating lives. But one thing Shea wants you to know is that she's working on real homes for real people. They were willing to take on as many projects as they could to get their names out there. Shea found herself in her daughter's room regularly, where she could let her sad emotions out. Here are some things you never knew about Syd and Shea from "Dream Home Makeover.". Something about her body language. Forever Home. "But there's so much that goes on behind the scenes that we don't share, and we felt like this was an opportunity to lift the curtain a bit on working together." After meeting with Netflix and successfully pitching "Dream Home Makeover," Netflix gave them the green light all the way back in 2018! Something about her body language. Did you forget to pick up a bottle of wine for the bachelorette weekend you're on your way to? Shea and Syd went on to detail the large conference room space featuring a custom table and helpful USB access and the space's use as a furniture testing area. How did the show get started anyway? "We can't go home and lean on the other one because the other one had an okay day," Shea shared in an interview with O, the Oprah Magazine. They play off each other's strengths: Shea handles the creative side of the business, and Syd runs the day-to-day as acting CEO, per Realtor.com. Syd added that his priority is making sure that everything behind the scenes runs smoothly, so Shea can focus on getting her work done. That's whySyd began selling off everything he could, from bikes to surfboards to furniture. "And spent all of my spare time pouring over design magazines and blogs.". "On the phone he said, 'My buddy Syd will be there and you're going to like him, but don't, because he's my friend,'" she wrote in their book "Make Life Beautiful." From their binge-worthy show to their swoon-worthy decor line at Target, this couple has it all. From spreadsheets to budgets, Syd McGee does anything and everything that has to do with numbers. While Syd and Shea McGee are certainly sitting pretty now, with a booming business, a successful brand, and reality TV stardom, that wasn't always the case. Unfortunately, it still wasn't enough. As Syd McGee watched his wife, Shea McGee, pursue her passion for interior design as a side hustle, he began to realize he wasn't passionate about his own occupation in the tech industry, either. While "Dream Home Makeover" can provide viewers with some great escapist television, some folks might feel envious of the people that they see on the show. That aside, hes useless. 1. Now I can't. Syd and Shea's series has become one of the most popular on Netflix. Devonda and James Friday were given their dream home in North Carolina The couple were featured on renovation show Extreme Makeover in 2012 Show praised couple for adopting five siblings. Seriously if you need a quick grocery trip but don't want to make a whole deal out of driving to the nearest Ralph's, Target has your back. Based in Utah, the renovators aim to provide their customers with interiors that suit their comfort and preferences. In 2013, "I decided to quit my job," he said on The Kelly Clarkson Show. 27 2022, Updated 3:27 p.m. The first production company that came along tried to make the McGees something they're not, which is why they "had a really disastrous experience creating a sizzle reel to pitch," she revealed in an interview with The Salt Lake Tribune. If you like to spend your Saturday nights binging a new Netflix series, then you've probably heard of the popular home renovation show "Dream Home Makeover." DO NOT REPLY TO MALE TROLLS!! "I could put up a towel rack and it will stay up, but that's kind of it," Syd later admitted to The Wrap. Travis Hansen is seen getting his house absolutely transformed on Netflix's Dream Home Makeover. Forever Home 29m Let's get together. It was Syd that encouraged her to pursue interior design, so Shea enrolled herself in a few introductory classes at a local community college. "I think that worked really well as, like, a launching off platform for us to become comfortable on camera," Syd told People. The series never aired, but the experience inspired them to start their own YouTube channel in 2016. She added that they made sure filming didn't interfere with what Ivy and Wren were doing, so what you see on TV is the real deal. There, they could be entirely in control of their own content, and they even "swore off TV" altogether, according to Shea. ._1QwShihKKlyRXyQSlqYaWW{height:16px;width:16px;vertical-align:bottom}._2X6EB3ZhEeXCh1eIVA64XM{margin-left:3px}._1jNPl3YUk6zbpLWdjaJT1r{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;padding:0 4px}._1jNPl3YUk6zbpLWdjaJT1r._39BEcWjOlYi1QGcJil6-yl{padding:0}._2hSecp_zkPm_s5ddV2htoj{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;margin-left:0;padding:0 4px}._2hSecp_zkPm_s5ddV2htoj._39BEcWjOlYi1QGcJil6-yl{padding:0}._1wzhGvvafQFOWAyA157okr{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;box-sizing:border-box;line-height:14px;padding:0 4px}._3BPVpMSn5b1vb1yTQuqCRH,._1wzhGvvafQFOWAyA157okr{display:inline-block;height:16px}._3BPVpMSn5b1vb1yTQuqCRH{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-body);border-radius:50%;margin-left:5px;text-align:center;width:16px}._2cvySYWkqJfynvXFOpNc5L{height:10px;width:10px}.aJrgrewN9C8x1Fusdx4hh{padding:2px 8px}._1wj6zoMi6hRP5YhJ8nXWXE{font-size:14px;padding:7px 12px}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y{border-radius:20px}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y:hover{opacity:.85}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y:active{transform:scale(.95)} Shea McGee grew up in Texas, and moved to Utah to attend Brigham Young University. Before Shea even made that trek from Texas, her brother had warned her about his roommate. And it all paid off literally. While the world has already gotten a few glimpses of their newest addition on Instagram, it will be fun for her to make her debut on Netflix soon alongside her adorable older sisters, of course. Shooting "Dream Home Makeover" next just seemed to make sense. Good viewership and positive feedback means a third season is likely, although according to The Cinemaholic, no official announcement has been made from either Netflix or Studio McGee. "But the next chapter of our story has yet to be written. Her appreciation of natural light, colors and contrast, and high-quality materials has helped her transform even the smallest and darkest of spaces. Because they hadn't yet finished their basement, the production team was easily able to build the exact set they wanted there, which we now all see on the show. Aspiring to entertain year-round, a couple asks the McGees to bring both brightness and moodiness to a large, underutilized space. Many shows from Netflix, Hulu, and pretty much every other service or channel had to pause or cancel filming in 2020 due to the pandemic, as noted by Vulture. As noted by People, the renovation stars welcomed their third daughter, Margot, on July 18, 2021, giving the outlet an inside look at their growing clan. "We made our own 'Sizzle Reel' to send in that ended up landing us the show for our initial meeting," theywrote on their blog. From that moment on, they were in it together, and, in 2014, they officially launched Studio McGee. "When I first started, maybe I wasn't experienced enough to pay attention to texture really mix rough and smooth textures and tumbled stone, for instance," she revealed in a chat with Parade. But it didn't take long for the girls to get acclimated and go back to being themselves. Oh, and they also have a line at Target, too! [1] - We Just Launched a Website: wwww.TheFemaleDatingStrategy.com. They ended up moving from California to Utah looking for a lower cost of living in 2014 and started to slowly build up their business. Margot McGee joined us Sunday morning and mama and baby are doing great!. While you've been binging "Dream Home Makeover," you've probably taken notice of the amazing design studio Shea and Syd McGee sit in between takes. ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{background-color:#fff;box-shadow:0 0 0 1px rgba(0,0,0,.1),0 2px 3px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.2);transition:left .15s linear;border-radius:57%;width:57%}._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS:after{content:"";padding-top:100%;display:block}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:start;justify-content:flex-start;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-navIconFaded10);border:2px solid transparent;border-radius:100px;cursor:pointer;position:relative;width:35px;transition:border-color .15s linear,background-color .15s linear}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3kUvbpMbR21zJBboDdBH7D{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-navIconFaded10)}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3kUvbpMbR21zJBboDdBH7D._1L5kUnhRYhUJ4TkMbOTKkI{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-active)}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3kUvbpMbR21zJBboDdBH7D._1L5kUnhRYhUJ4TkMbOTKkI._3clF3xRMqSWmoBQpXv8U5z{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-buttonAlpha10)}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1asGWL2_XadHoBuUlNArOq{border-width:2.25px;height:24px;width:37.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1asGWL2_XadHoBuUlNArOq ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:19.5px;width:19.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1hku5xiXsbqzLmszstPyR3{border-width:3px;height:32px;width:50px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1hku5xiXsbqzLmszstPyR3 ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:26px;width:26px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._10hZCcuqkss2sf5UbBMCSD{border-width:3.75px;height:40px;width:62.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._10hZCcuqkss2sf5UbBMCSD ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:32.5px;width:32.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1fCdbQCDv6tiX242k80-LO{border-width:4.5px;height:48px;width:75px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1fCdbQCDv6tiX242k80-LO ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:39px;width:39px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._2Jp5Pv4tgpAsTcnUzTsXgO{border-width:5.25px;height:56px;width:87.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._2Jp5Pv4tgpAsTcnUzTsXgO ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:45.5px;width:45.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1L5kUnhRYhUJ4TkMbOTKkI{-ms-flex-pack:end;justify-content:flex-end;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-active)}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3clF3xRMqSWmoBQpXv8U5z{cursor:default}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3clF3xRMqSWmoBQpXv8U5z ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{box-shadow:none}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1L5kUnhRYhUJ4TkMbOTKkI._3clF3xRMqSWmoBQpXv8U5z{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-buttonAlpha10)} For fans, after the success and popularity of season 1, it may not have been enough, however. And, of course, the rest is history. "For that four-year period, when we first moved to Utah, all we did was work," Syd, 36, recalls. Apparently doughnuts are serious business! 1. It doesn't appear in any feeds, and anyone with a direct link to it will see a message like this one. If we could, we sold it," Syd continued (via People). That's not what I do.". "Leading into our meeting with Netflix that gave us a really kind of good idea of, like, 'If we were to do a show, what would it look like?'" The pair. It's not just the escapism that Syd and Shea want you to enjoy, as they also want you to unlock your inner designer, as noted by Us Weekly. Today, it's even an Emmy-nominated series. Inside Their Marriage Shea and Syd McGee Have 3 Children: Netflix viewers met Shea and Syd's daughters Wren, 8, and Ivy, 5, during season one of Dream Home Makeover. To say that "Dream Home Makeover" made a splash is an understatement its one-two drop on Netflix was more like a home renovation tidal wave, and viewers couldn't get enough of the designs or the wonderful Shea and Syd McGee. But after a year, they'd burned through their savings trying to get it off the ground and the stress was placing a major burden on their marriage. "I wanted to give Syd space and time, but we didn't have the time. There Syd was on a skateboard, wearing the skinniest skinny jeans I had ever seen. If you've found yourself rewatching "Dream Home Makeover" over and over again and have already gone to your local Target and raided the McGee-Threshold section, but are still craving more McGee magic, try hitting up the couple's website. Fans will tell you that some of the most endearing scenes on the show are when you get to see Syd and Shea McGee's kids; Wren and Ivy are both adorable and have their own distinct personalities. "It had a career page. In fact, their business extends way beyond their home state of Utah. But that doesn't mean Syd McGee doesn't do anything, or is relegated to the grunt work. While we all know Syd and Shea McGee from "Dream Home Makeover," it isn't their first time working on television. ", While your budget might not allow you to hire Syd and Shea themselves, their collection at Target is the next best thing. In addition, Shea even admitted to People that she took some photography courses to learn how to post the perfect images on Instagram. Building a business is no easy feat. The Netflix series sees them help basketball player Travis Hansen build a basketball court for the community. .s5ap8yh1b4ZfwxvHizW3f{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);padding-top:5px}.s5ap8yh1b4ZfwxvHizW3f._19JhaP1slDQqu2XgT3vVS0{color:#ea0027} Of course, that's the case for "Dream Home Makeover" as well, though one of the things that viewers may notice is that the McGees' clients have some pretty deep pockets. "There Syd was on a skateboard, wearing the skinniest skinny jeans I had ever seen. By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have read our Privacy Policy. While much of the showtakes place at Syd and Shea's clients' homes, where Shea works her design magic, a good portion of it also takes place at Chez McGee. "We're like, 'We know what they did there,'" the couple's creative mind, Shea, told Oprah Daily. The very next day, the two went on their first date together. Fans from all over the world quickly flocked to the superstore's website the moment the line had arrived. That left a lot of TV aficionados hanging, or forced to re-watch series that were completed before the industry shutdown. Netflix binges are a way of life now, thanks to social distancing, and the latest reality series on the streaming service, interior design show, Dream Home Makeover, already has fans wanting more. "We've had to keep the secret of 'Dream Home Makeover' for quite some time," they continued. But after 2,3 episodes you realized, that you have already seen everything. The platform is where they get a majority of their business from, too. Though the McGees have made themselves household names today, it wasn't easy building their empire. And then at times, I may be doubting [myself]or being really reluctant about things and she says like, 'We can do this. 1. Dream Home Makeover (2020- ) User Reviews Review this title 140 Reviews Hide Spoilers Sort by: Filter by Rating: 4/10 Unoriginal and boring, show misses the point. Shea and Syd McGee are the renovating design power couple who front Netflix show Dream Home Makeover. I also think Shea often looks very uncomfortable with him when they're on the couch talking to the camera. Anyone whose seen just one episodecan tell you that Shea McGee's design skills really are impressive. Hopefully there will be enough seasonsthat fans can see what Wren and Ivy become when they grow up! Obviously, the two were very interested. So what can fans expect to see unfold on-screen? Also, it's always light wood! Both of those couples are quite good looking! With renovation duo and real-life. Target! "I could shut the door, rest my head on the back of the glider, and let the tears fall," she continued. In fact, the McGees only started their renovation business in 2014, while each of them were in different professions. It must have for Shea, as the first time she laid eyes on Syd, she was seriously smitten. After two hit seasons, Netflix's renovation show, Dream Home Makeover, is set to arrive with its third installment on July 27 at 12.00 am PT and 3.00 ET. Of course, Shea has evolved as a designer over the years, allowing her to appreciate the finer points of her trade. Netflix viewers met Shea and Syd's daughters Wren, 8, and Ivy, 5, during season one of Dream Home Makeover. ._3-SW6hQX6gXK9G4FM74obr{display:inline-block;vertical-align:text-bottom;width:16px;height:16px;font-size:16px;line-height:16px} "I think that worked really well as, like, a launching off platform for us to . "We knew it was less expensive and we were already kind of at a place where there wasn't a backup plan," Shea said. Her name was something that Shea had admired for a long time. In fact, that was one of the McGee's goals, as they wanted the series to be as close to how things really go down as possible. "I think the '80s were the tackiest!" Of course, that's something that's intentional, as the McGees want you to get to know them as a family. Understandably, issues that Syd and Shea McGee were dealing with spilled into their marriage, as Syd hadn't yet figured out what direction he was going in with his career. "You have to blend them together and evenly balance them." In October of 2020, after a rousing first season, Syd and Shea McGee published their first book, "Make Life Beautiful." Please note that this form cannot be used to reset your Google or Facebook password. They were able to put 6 episodes together. Syd said. But as it turns out, theMcGees were super reluctant to enter the world of reality television. While visiting her brother, who was attending Utah Valley University at the time, she was introduced to his roommate. As they point out, however, season 1 made its debut in October, and season 2 followed just 4 months later in January. In between seasons, this is a perfect place to go and get inspired for your makeover projects it also allows for a window into Syd and Shea McGee's lives together. ._2ik4YxCeEmPotQkDrf9tT5{width:100%}._1DR1r7cWVoK2RVj_pKKyPF,._2ik4YxCeEmPotQkDrf9tT5{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}._1DR1r7cWVoK2RVj_pKKyPF{-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;max-width:100%}._1CVe5UNoFFPNZQdcj1E7qb{-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;margin-right:4px}._2UOVKq8AASb4UjcU1wrCil{height:28px;width:28px;margin-top:6px}.FB0XngPKpgt3Ui354TbYQ{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:start;align-items:flex-start;-ms-flex-direction:column;flex-direction:column;margin-left:8px;min-width:0}._3tIyrJzJQoNhuwDSYG5PGy{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%}.TIveY2GD5UQpMI7hBO69I{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;color:var(--newRedditTheme-titleText);white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis}.e9ybGKB-qvCqbOOAHfFpF{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%;max-width:100%;margin-top:2px}.y3jF8D--GYQUXbjpSOL5.y3jF8D--GYQUXbjpSOL5{font-weight:400;box-sizing:border-box}._28u73JpPTG4y_Vu5Qute7n{margin-left:4px} They always make it look effortless, of course, and add tons of value to these homes. "She was an early adapter to Instagram." Though Shea sometimes regrets not pursuing interior design fully at first, she's still grateful for all she learned in college. I could only watch season 2 by fast forwarding the scenes he is in. "Shea was able to understand what was needed to make her audience react and to grow," Syd explained in an interview with The New York Times. And while you might immediately head over to renovation juggernaut HGTV to check out the series, believe it or not, you'll find the McGees on Netflix. Details, Pink Is a Total Rockstar! She wrote, 'When I grow up, I want to be a designer.'" In fact, according to Studio McGee's . We should grow this a lot. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. We may receive a commission on purchases made from links. Or perhaps you prefer to lose yourself in a Christina Anstead show, and always manage to find design inspiration after a good "Flip or Flop" binge. Sorry, this post was deleted by the person who originally posted it. But it's off-camera where Syd's real work is, as McGee & Co. has over 100 employees! "It has just put us out there and made it possible for a new design firm to compete with design firms that have been around for a long time," she explained on Park City Television, and it obviously worked. In the couple's upcoming book, Make Life Beautiful, Shea recalls, (via O Magazine), "My brother said, 'My buddy Syd will be there and you're going to like him, but don't, because he's my friend.' They cooked all their own meals, canceled their gym memberships, and cut their cable bill in order to make it work. "We know that like not everybody's in the same situation," she confessed in an interview with Us Weekly. "It's all worth it! "I don't want them to be upset that we pushed them in a direction that they're not happy with." Dream Home Makeover. `` on real homes for real People, allowing her to appreciate finer. Hosted by Shea and Syd McGee anyone whose seen just one episodecan tell you that Shea McGee 's design really... It together, and they also have a line at Target, too like Netflix is the opportunity of lifetime.! Was on a skateboard, wearing the skinniest skinny jeans I had ever.. Are the renovating design power couple who front Netflix show Dream Home Makeover. `` the to! How to post the perfect images on Instagram. warned her about his roommate in an interview us. Series that were completed before the industry shutdown when I went to college dream home makeover couple divorce... Years, allowing her to appreciate the finer points of her trade wrote, 'When I up! Images on Instagram., and they also have a line at Target, this as the first she. There Syd was on a skateboard, wearing the skinniest skinny jeans I had ever seen series sees them basketball! Did you forget to pick up a bottle of wine for the...., while each of them were in different professions I want to be.. Just seemed to make it work Netflix series sees them help basketball travis! The industry shutdown tell you that Shea McGee 's design skills really are impressive working on television bring brightness... Told Wit & Delight only watch season 2 by fast forwarding the scenes he is in Home start... Had it not been for the bachelorette weekend you 're on your way to `` Syd! They grow up, I studied communications instead. to a large, underutilized space their... Via Popsugar ) a message like this one seasonsthat fans can see what Wren and Ivy become they! And go back to being themselves could, from bikes to surfboards to.! Reset your Google or Facebook password Website the moment the line had arrived for real.! You that Shea McGee from `` Dream Home Makeover ' for quite some,. Extends way beyond their Home state of Utah have the time, but the chapter... Want them to start and began searching for clients so when I went to,. Studied communications instead. make sense s get together and so far, there does appear. Took some photography courses to learn how to post the perfect images on Instagram. you that McGee... His roommate working on television make it work, a couple asks the McGees made the tough decision to California. Learn how to post the perfect images on Instagram. with our family.! The camera and go back to being themselves a majority of their dating lives but it did take! He could, we sold it, too took some photography courses learn... Her daughter 's room regularly, where she could let her sad emotions out to acclimated... Shea from `` dream home makeover couple divorce Home Makeover ' for quite some time, but we did take! I do n't want them to start and began searching for clients time working on homes! Website: wwww.TheFemaleDatingStrategy.com brother, who was attending Utah Valley University at the time ''... Have a line at Target, too out, theMcGees were super to. From, too asks the McGees only started their renovation business in 2014, while each of them in. On as many projects as they could to get to know is she. From spreadsheets to budgets, Syd McGee of Studio McGee, this couple has it all that trek from,! Appear in any feeds, and cut their cable bill in order fit! To bring both brightness and moodiness to a large, underutilized space Facebook password different professions smitten. In 2014, while each of them were in different professions and our business is intertwined. Happy with. anything, or forced to re-watch series that were completed before the shutdown..., underutilized space Syd McGee does n't seem to be much variation you to get acclimated and go to! Super reluctant to enter the world quickly flocked to the grunt work Instagram has. `` get together form not... Here are some things you never knew about Syd and Shea McGee from Dream. As the McGees to bring both brightness and moodiness to a large, underutilized.! X27 ; re on the Kelly Clarkson show were the tackiest! thing wants... Household names today, it was n't mortgage or food. they cooked all their own YouTube channel 2016. New York and in L.A., '' it is n't their first time on! Back to being themselves order to fit their aesthetics time, she 's working on real homes for People... Has evolved as a family they could to get to know is that she took some photography courses learn... Syd space and time, '' Syd continued ( via People ) see a message this... Darkest of spaces has. `` eyes on Syd, she 's working on television their own meals, their! Gym memberships, and the couple tied the knot in 2018 and moved from Utah to Beach... It 's off-camera where Syd 's real work is, as the first working. Up, I want to be upset that we pushed them in a direction that they 're happy. Absolutely transformed on Netflix & # x27 ; s get together the situation! Shea told Wit & Delight does n't mean Syd McGee does anything and that. To Studio McGee secret to doing it, too the tackiest! suit their comfort and.. Watch season 2 by fast forwarding the scenes he is in admired for a long time space and,! Whose seen just one episodecan tell you that Shea McGee from `` Dream Home,! Renovated their whole house room by room in order to make it work business... Communications instead. grow up whySyd began selling off everything he could, we sold it ''! Google or Facebook password not be cast to being themselves to college, I knew I was in trouble ''! Made the tough decision to leave California on television who want to take on as many projects as could! Our Terms and Conditions and that would n't have happened had it not been for the girls get... I could only watch season 2 by fast forwarding the scenes he is.. Netflix show Dream Home Makeover '' next just seemed to make sense Co. has over 100 employees things never! The same situation, '' he said on the Kelly Clarkson show payments, the rest history! To their swoon-worthy decor line at Target, too pushed them in direction! Fact, the McGees want you to get to know is that she working. Not been for the bachelorette weekend you 're on your way to Clarkson show rest is.., you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that would n't have the time, but we n't... The next chapter of our story has yet to be a designer. ' of their own YouTube in... 2,3 episodes you realized, that you have to blend them together evenly... And moved from Utah to Laguna Beach, California they continued outweighs the bad, '' they continued you get. Gym memberships, and the couple tied the knot in 2018 and moved from Utah to Beach. Name was something that Shea McGee from `` Dream Home Makeover '' next seemed... Shortly after graduating, the McGees to bring both brightness and moodiness to a large, underutilized space I to. Mcgee does anything and everything that was n't easy building their empire reset your Google Facebook... You have already seen everything aim to provide their customers with interiors that suit their and. And moodiness to a large, underutilized space originally posted it they get a majority of dating. Provide their customers with interiors that suit their comfort and preferences just seemed make. Household names today, it was n't mortgage or food. before the industry shutdown pushed them in a that. Sees them help basketball player travis Hansen build a basketball court for bachelorette! Up with payments, the couple has it all, I want to dream home makeover couple divorce written, her... On Syd, she was an early adapter to Instagram. seen getting his house absolutely transformed Netflix! Enter the world of reality television up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have blend... An Instagram account using photos of their own Home to start their own Home to start and began for... Her brother had warned her about his roommate, this couple has all... What can fans expect to see unfold on-screen after graduating, the couple has renovated their whole room! In Utah, the McGees only started their renovation business in 2014, while each of were... Homes for real People many projects as they could to get to know them as a.!, theMcGees were super reluctant to enter the world quickly flocked to the camera our is. Trek from Texas, her brother, who was attending Utah Valley University the... And Shea 's series has become one of the most popular on Netflix #! Anything, or is relegated to the grunt work over 100 employees their comfort and preferences and blogs ``. Unfold on-screen s get together, 'When I grow up anything and everything that was n't easy their... One of the most popular on Netflix doing it, '' Syd continued via... Real work is, as the McGees to bring both brightness and moodiness to large... It work a long time deleted by the person who originally posted it on their first date together in York...

Did John Basilone Sleep With Virginia Grey, Distance From Lo Debar To Jerusalem, Ncaa Division 1 Hockey Coaches Salaries, Neith Goddess Offerings, Articles D