Sometimes, the thing would start and run, and other times it was most difficult to start. It drains the battery almost dead then will fire up. Holley Sniper First Start. A throttle linkage extender and a progressive linkage kit. and go to restart warm, it catches starts for a flick of a second, drops to a stall, or sometimes will catch its self and start. The "Service AFTER the Sale" is why I came to EFI SYSTEM PRO, getting a system working with great support makes for a better installation and happy customers! Upon achieving 400 RPM, the ECU turns on the fuel pump and injects the fuel specified by the base fuel map and learn table, supplemented with after-start enrichment and coolant modifier fuel (as shown below.). FAIL!! In my experience startup fuel tends to be too much. If you . I hope to do more articles similar to this so stay tuned! Holley did not include it on the Terminator X, which started life as a multi-point EFI ECU. However, the majority of these are set from the factory at values that simply don't require any attention at all. Also there are times when I am working on the car, I have the battery disconnected. :-). The Sniper EFI System will absolutely work fine in your rock crawler, Todd. The kit I bought: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sne-550-511 Also for timing control, this distributor: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sne-565-302 Start the motor with the air cleaner off and the chock butterfly held open if it stays running its the chock. The whole purpose of this article is to teach you how to identify the values that will work well for you. Then he put his thumb back over the IAC port and there was very little air passing through the port and the loud sucking sound was gone. I would be interested if any other users have experienced similar issues with their setups and their solutions. Push the fuel prime percentage back up to 100% and bring your cranking fuel down (as we do in the example below.). Also check your cranking voltage if it starts hard. Find a lower price anywhere and we'll beat it by 5%! If you block off the IAC port and adjust the throttle open or closed as required and you cannot achieve a desirable and stable idle speed, your issue is not with the idle air control settings. The reason for choosing the Sniper: From the beginning of the restoration, I had the Sniper in my mind and built parts of the car around that, mainly the fuel system and electrical. The intention is to draw your gaze to something that requires attention. If you have RF and or EMI issues you need to correct them. sniper Installation If you're installing a Sniper EFI system and almost ready to crank it over for the first time, this is the video for you! All times are GMT-6. Do you have issues with cold start that go away with warm start, or vice versa? Turned ignition off & back on, cranked the engine and it started, ran for about a second & died, will not restart if you crank it again. To orient you a bit, in each image below youll see that the log starts right at the point where the battery voltage (upper green trace) dips due to the engagement of the starter and continues until the IAC Position (aqua-marine trace) ramps down from the park position and then to where it is again controlling the idle speed. For TWO YEARS Since installing my Sniper Stealth 4150 (Holley 550-871) on my small block Camaro, I've been chasing hard start cold or hot issues. In fact, MOST of the points on the fuse block don't do that! All of these values are configurable. Top 10 Sniper EFI Installation Tips from Holley's Tom Kise, Quickfuel 4-hole 1/2-inch Phenolic Spacer. Icle > IAC Startup > IAC Park Position, Using the software Idle ICF (tachometer icon) > IAC Parked Selection. Is that correct? In the software, click the IAC Settings button (immediately above the IAC Parked button on the left-hand navigation panel) and look in the section called Startup IAC Position. If it were desired to see all of the cylinders then the O2 sensor could be installed in the crossover, if one existed. I'm glad that worked for you! Like the Park Position, there is no real down-side to having these hold the start-up rev a little long and then trimming it from there. If your O2 sensor is pegged lean, then replace it. If you do not understand a step seek assistance. 2.) (You DO have a fuel pressure gauge installed, right? From there it is a slam dunk. That multiplier is decreased linearly from that point to 160 degrees, so that at 40 degrees the prime shot is multiplied by half the fuel prime multiplier (2.5 times, by default) and at 160 degrees and above the multiplier is eliminated entirely. The process for the wiring is simple and it has been wired as per the directions and to what you have quoted to me above.In order for me to return the Sniper, what would the process be? My car is going on the dyno for final tuning next week. Activate Advanced Tables2. Nor can I really recommend that you split it as I have. Try cranking immediately upon key-on--before it has a chance to prime. I have a minor leak at the 02 sensor that I am fixing now because the gasket is leaking. I was wondering if you could help out? Am i doing the right thing? Dont go in and hit the fuel prime percent, the cranking fuel, the acceleration enrichment graph, and the acceleration decay rate all at once. The Sniper EFI System is not capable of monitoring two O2 sensors but neither is that generally necessary. That amount of air is determined by the IAC Park Position. It was originally there more as a vent than a return and is inadequate in size to use as a return. Not bad but maybe we can improve that. I have read and re-read all of the info about the idle issues and I have no idle issues on first start up to running temp of 190 degrees. Just ran across this thread after a car I had in that would start good, then die after a second or two when hot. Third is the truth that every engine has its own preference on what it likes for startup fuel. Super helpful and knowledgeable. This value can be changed using either the handheld or the software but I am not familiar with a case where changing the crank-to-run RPM has been beneficial. We trimmed back that huge rich surge to a healthier amount that doesnt threaten to soak our spark plugs (4 second mark.) I'm trying to get this article done. If your voltage drops below 11 volts replace the battery with one capable of supporting the vehicles cranking needs ideally it should not drop below 12 vdc. Compression, properly metered fuel, correctly timed spark. Everyone who has read that article and followed it's instructions has commented on what a huge improvement it has made. I am letting it set over night, cleaned plugs as well. That is not the case. Even better, buy yourself a bit of insurance by scheduling some dyno tuning (fuel and ignition timing) with a competent professional tuner. i have installed a sniper 2300 on my 1971 225 oddfire v6 with a crank trigger for rpm signal. And with each pulse of fuel until the pump starts again at the crank-to-run RPM, the pressure drops further. You may have an injector connector that has come loose.A final note that I can't emphasize enough. But let me elaborate a bit. I've never seen the shop I had install my Sniper hook up a lap top to the car. Starts & immediately dies. This is most easily done using the blue fuel pump wire. This is obviously an ongoing process. Sniper Owners: Once youve tuned your fuel prime on warm starts you can look forward to judging the efficacy of your fuel prime setting on your next cold engine start. Any time that a fuel pump cannot create the regulated pressure that means it's not flowing enough fuel. Footage taken from Holley Carburetor Installation & Tuning DVD Winter Blowout Sale - Up To 86% Off . If it cranks better then you know you're getting too much fuel. I look forward to your opinion on this matter. Second is the fact that there are three things that you are adjusting here: Prime shot, cranking fuel, and after-Start enrichment. More on that later. New or not i have send dead item right off the shelf. Digital electronics like clean stable voltage. One thing I miss is the instant drop in rpms that my 650DP had. Enjoy! This is especially true if you crank quickly but your data log shows a big rich spike immediately after achieving the crank-to-run RPM. The Sniper EFI throttle-body drops in place of your carburetor. In general, go the opposite direction you went to get the fuel prime percent right. First is the fact that the engine can be getting either too much or too little fuel. I did find a couple and it did get a little better but still not satisfied with it.What is the ISC hold position for and why is it set @ 30? About the ONLY PLACE that does this is the input side primary +12v wire of the ignition coil. It needs to have a 80-100 micron pre-filter installed between the tank and the pump. While it may sound odd its not a defect and will not cause any drivebility issues. You can use that for the Dual-Sync and ignition too when you get to that point.Running the O2 sensor on a single side of the dual exhaust works fine. Robust, feature-rich multi-port EFI systems offer easy plug-and-play late-model V8 engine swaps. To be 100% honest I was having an issue prior and flooded it. That article is actually written by Holley's Tom Kise but I'll be glad to help on it. The Coolant Temperature starts at 106% and decays to 100% at 160 degrees. If I let it prime twice, it starts much faster. Thanks for your help system is working great!My question now is where can I find more info on fine-tuning, especially timing. Also, if you have the IAC inlet plugged off and the throttle angle is set to your desired idle speed and it dies when you put it in gear with an automatic. Because odd-fire ignitions don't fire at even intervals (hence the name) they look to the ECU like the engine is radically accelerating and decelerating with each ignition firing. I plan to gradually bring the Coolant and A/F values closer to zero correction and see what happens. I make a lot better electrician than mechanic but have built cars all my life. There is certainly some conflicting information on O2 sensor installation. Hello, EMI is what wipes out all the electronics. Resistance results in heat and heat results in more resistance. Then draw the power for the relay directly from the battery. I am now awaiting my new Sniper Stealth 4150 to install on my 1968 Corvette 427. Bill Tichenor. You can then have the ECU monitor fuel pressure and if it drops below whatever pressure you expect then you can set a safety to command the rev limiter to drop the engine to some low RPM safety point (assuming you have ECU-controlled ignition enabled. Will the height of the return line be an issue? I'm worried that the engine will stall at idle. Since, at this point, youre only tuning warm starts, I recommend tuning the table only in the temperature range where the engine is currently starting. My situation, although related to start up, is somewhat different. Will going further help more? But never ever forget there is a second learning going on--your own. 4.56 rear gear and total weight is 2825 with me. Start by first cutting the fuel prime to 100% and taking about 20% out of the cranking fuel in the temperature range of the engine. Hi Chris,Thank you so much for your quick response to my query. Holley Sniper EFI--Look, No ECU or Wiring Harness! There are just turn downs after the electric cut outs. Unfortunately, the only way to do this is with the Sniper Software. Anouther cause may be the proximity of a dual plane intakes plenum divider to vacuum passages under the throttle body resulting in an odd sucking or whistling sound. I usually recommend making note of them, ignoring anything that common sense says needs no attention, and plan to dig into the instruction guide a bit down the road and reset these to values that make more sense.Likewise, anywhere past the collector is going to be just fine as long as you are not within 18 inches (preferrably) 10 inches (absolute minimum) from the end of the pipe itself. You write: "The fuel prime multiplier multiplies the fuel prime shot amount based on temperature. Use a touch of dielectric grease on the leading edge of the boot and ensure that each one is firmly locked into place with air squeezed out of the boot as much as possible. The sniper master kits ship with OEM grade 255 LPH Walbro Pumps. I believe that this compensates for the fact that during cranking fuel injection the fuel pump is not running. But I suspect that's not the case here. Orienting the tip downward and at an angle simply helps prevent the accumulation of water inside the tip of the sensor from condensation inside the exhaust as it cools. Thanks Chris, keep up the good work. What this tells us: First, we dont have any huge problems. That means at or above 55 PSI it is capable of flowing ZERO fuel. At -40 degrees it multiplies it by the full indicated amount (five times, by default.) The "Service AFTER the Sale" is why I came to EFI SYSTEM PRO, getting a system working with great support makes for a better installation and happy customers! I plan on converting to efi this coming spring. The engine warms up a bit each time. Looking at the 4500 sniper and I run Super Street 10.90. Apr 2, 2020 First off thanks to everyone who has been helping me get this thing running. If this is your situation then first install a brand new set of spark plugs to rule out any fouling-related misfires. Help for our customers is just a phone call, test message, or email away. The Ordering process was so easy and non-painful. If you jump in the car, insert the key and in the same move start cranking, you will not get a fuel prime. Sometimes just moving a fitting or changing the length of a line is enough to confound the harmonic and make it go away. If your engine starts well, sounds good during the hold, but then fails a bit after the decay you can extend these out a bit. The amount of air allowed in is configured via the IAC Park Position and is temperature dependent. I am most frustrated with Holley Tech support which is really any support at all since after weeks of trying to call just keep getting the same message, (we are experiencing a high volume of calls so call back). Will the sniper kit work fine or will I need the master kit and change the fuel delivery system? Also, I have not made any adjustments other than playing with the fuel prime. Cheers Darren. Hey Chris, just finishing up my Sniper 41504BBL install with in tank pump / no return line from EFI neededdoes the fuel line need to be bled up to the 4150? If the fuel pressure is a little low don't worry about that. You can adjust your Fuel Prime Percent as follows: Using the Handheld Tuning > Basic > Basic Fuel > Fuel Prime > Fuel Prime Percent, Using the Software Fuel ICF (Fuel Injector Icon) > Startup Enrichment > Fuel Prime Percent (under the Cranking Fuel tab in the box marked STARTUP SETTINGS). Best Overall. These are listed on the handheld in the same window as the IAC Parked position (as described above.) You'll note that the pressure drops at that point. I just moved it to the ignition terminal on the fuse block and voila, it ran. I'm glad this approach worked for you. Did you hear the fuel pump run at key-on? At the bottom you'll see AE vs TPS RoC Blanking. But I have never heard of anyone else who has had success doing this. In very tall tanks (like some behind-seat tanks) that can be a challenge if you are using the convoluted PTFE hose that comes with the Sniper Master Kit. I've not personally experienced what you describe but have read about situations where some combination of plumbing can create a harmonic that causes a clicking sound in the fuel system itself. We offer several different levels of fee-based support that is very reasonably priced. But I'm confident that once you wire it this way you will not have the problem anymore. Is the sniper compatible with my distributor? I still have the lound sucking air sound. I have purchased two sniper EFI with the MSD distributor kit. They will result in drivability issues, including idle control problems, and could possibly damage the ECU. Capability Range: Advanced If that works then try halving them again. Pressure holds steady at approximately 50 psig when engine is off. If you hook a fuel pump up to the fixed-pressure 60 PSI regulator in the Sniper and it can only get the pressure up to 55 PSI, either there is something wrong with the regulator or else the pump has "dead headed" at 55 PSI. While cranking are you getting a reasonable RPM signal while cranking (usually about 150 RPM)? Not much I can add to that. I mean, after all, we already have a base fuel map that provides a baseline for the fuel required by the engine to operate at this RPM. But as long as you keep a copy of your original configuration settings I think you will be okay. I was able to help another fellow with this problem one I figured out that he ran his fuel pump feed to the return-side of his Sniper. I tried the external inline pump while installing the 2300 in my 78 cj-5. But I can tell you that it is possible to use a switched input to activate a 1-Dimensional Advanced Table to do an air-fuel ratio offset that would allow you to set your target AFR to 14:1. How did you install the return line to the tank? Capability Range: Advanced I guess I'm in the 1 to 2% of having the loud sucking sound coming from the IAC, I will keep trying to resolve this issue but it is an issue that I can most certainly live with. It does take some time looking at these data logs before they look like something more than the scribblings of a 2-year-old. Stay up to date with the latest releases, events, promotions and more. As long as you're that far into the pipe (to prevent reversion from feeding air back into the O2 sensor) then I wouldn't worry just now about changing the settings.In general, I recommend not touching a thing until you've spent a significant amount of time driving under varying driving load and RPM conditions. and set 3.) If you do this and your fuel pump still runs then see about returning your Sniper system under warranty. When one "assumes" it is EFI because they have an EFI system, well, I don't need to finish that sentence, do I? Do you see a very thin amount of fuel being injected evenly on all throttle plates? Already have a new sending unit for gauge, on the fence whether to add in tank or external fuel pump. First, let me state clearly that the far and away majority of Sniper installations are done on dual plane manifolds, and that I have never heard of a single issue that has been tied to a dual plane manifold. O2 Sensor Mounting: The O2 needs to be mounted 6-8 after the merge in the header collector. Air is not just coming into the engine via the throttle blades. Excessive Fuel (Top Cause): Most often caused by the system adding fuel due to false readings resulting from incorrect sensor placement, cylinder misfires, exhaust leaks, overly rich tunes. The only issue that I have with this unit is the loud suction sound coming from the IAC port. I call this the Happy Dance moment. Some good info here thank you. May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ. We see a nice improvement in that big fuel dump as the engine starts running (between 3 and 4 second mark.) :-), Can you show how do you wire up the Delcity time delay relay (#74985) for use with the efi ignition dead spot. Sniper is an exclusively throttle-body based line so it made sense to include it. But I have MSD 6 AL. Be sure to properly gap your plugs and if you plan to run Magnetic pickup distributors for timing control. shut truck off. Do as I Holley says? I could really go on a long time about this but it sort of deviates from the basic goal of this article. You are on the right track!Let me start by saying that I normally don't advise anyone to make changes to this until they have the system tuned as good as it can get and unless they have a bit of tuning experience. If, after starting, the engine speed drops below the crank-to-run speed it turns the fuel pump off again. ), Do you see a single brief pulse of fuel injected, in equal amount, in all barrels? They are the only ones got me a holley usb to can cable fast. As the vacuum required to overcome a restriction or lift required to get fuel to a high mounted pump and the resulting reduction in pressure can and will boil fuel in the line and at the pump inlet resulting in fuel pressure issues and pump damage. Don't let that get the best of you. If it is more than about 5 PSI one way or the other, or if it changes under different operating conditions, then you should look into that. Joe. "I've edited the article with a note about the difference. is setting themselves up for unnecessary frustration. This is the crank-to-run RPM. 2. This page was generated at 05:08 PM. Capability Range: Advanced And 10 micron filter between the pump and throttle body. But what if it doesnt? Did your engine start the first time you turned the key after installing your EFI system? I see folks debating this so let me say unequivocally that the Sniper WILL NOT WORK on an engine if the Sniper is trying to get its RPM signal from the ignition. It truly helps your customers like me that grew up as carburetor tuners understand how and what the EFI throttle body is doing. transmission control and more. Thanks in advance. The only Holley EFI system that supports dual O2 sensors at this time is the Dominator ECU. Yes, all warranty replacement and repair claims must be handled through the retailer from which you purchased the unit. Price Point: $, Advanced throttle body injection systems capable of transmission control and more. But as you go farther back, it only gets better. Because the sensor gets fouled and exhaust gasses cannot get to the sensing element leaving oxygen as the only thing present for it to read, hence the dead lean reading. Ran well on carb and electronic ignition. The data log viewing feature is only found in the systems software so if youve not yet downloaded that then now is the time. Chris, I install a Holley Sniper Quadrajet on my 1976 GMC classic motor home with a 455 cu Oldsmobile. #2 I have a return 1/4 pipe coming out of the fuel pump at the fuel tank. If I go to ignition switch it is the same wire just 2 away. Thanks for the kind words, Tony. If you can bolt a carburetor on an intake manifold then you have already displayed about half of the technical skills needed to install the new Sniper EFI system from Holley. Super helpful. Now that were up and running lets go deeper and see what can be done to improve things. I just wanted to list out some things that you should be looking for if you find yourself stuck here. So my question is how do I get the IAC motor to close and create less air intake to eliminate the noise? I took that phrase directly from Holley's tuning manual and I specifically recall my left brain asking my right brain, "Hey, that doesn't seem right" and my right brain responding, "Shut up! There is really no room for error on this. Regardless, this screw will eventually need to be adjusted. The setup wizard offers three cam choices for Stock / Mild ( 14+ In/HG vacuum ), Street / Strip ( 8-13 In/HG vacuum ), and Race ( 7 or less In/HG vacuum ) More aggressive camshaft grinds will likely require laptop tuning with the aid of the Sniper Software in general engines . I am guessing you have some sort of current loop going on. Hi Chris, i just installed the sniper on my 406 small block it is a full roller motor with a high lift cam,started right up seems really rich at idle? Your hand held should stay powered on between run and crank if it shuts off it is either wired wrong or you have a dead spot in the switch. Another great dissertation. Not some generic piece as some have speculated. If it dies add fuel right away thru the carb opening a few drops at a time if it runs its the fuel pump. Is there enough cable to get to the battery? Maybe Holley will add Fuel Prime Multiplier to Terminator X later. You can adjust your Fuel Prime Multiplier on Sniper EFI Systems as follows: Using the Handheld Tuning > Basic > Basic Fuel > Fuel Prime > Fuel Prime Multiplier, Using the Software Fuel ICF (Fuel Injector Icon) > Startup Enrichment > Fuel Prime Multiplier (under the Cranking Fuel tab in the box marked STARTUP SETTINGS). Let me know what works for you! This is a huge improvement over what we got initially. I discuss idle setting procedures at some lenth here and you'll note that I never mention sound. The challenge will be what you call the "right fuel system". If you're tuning a Sniper increase your multiplier and see how that affects you. Enter To Win Holley's 2023 Hemi Engine Sweepstakes For Your Chance To Win A 600+ Horsepower 392 Stroker! Beyond that you can turn your cranking fuel down. If you have a pump that can flow an adequate amount of fuel for your horsepower requirements and choose to regulate it at 55 PSI (and assuming that the Sniper injectors can spray enough fuel at 55 PSI) then it would work just fine. I am having a 2 572 BBC being built for my boat. Use whatever target AFR the system is initially suggesting and try to get your actual AFR's within about 1 to 1.5 of that value. HP ECU's. One option: You can add a hall effect crank trigger to your engine and set it up so that you're getting one pulse-per-fire at even intervals. Thank you for your insight! While I have different insights on a few of the finer points this is all great information that can only get you closer to an ideal solution. Have built cars all my life height of the return line to the battery almost dead then will fire.... That there are just turn downs after the electric cut outs be handled through the retailer from which purchased. Micron pre-filter installed between the pump and throttle body is doing cable.... About returning your Sniper system under warranty not flowing enough fuel loud suction sound coming from the Park. Upon key-on -- before it has made made any adjustments other than playing with the fuel pump is running... Cranking are you getting a reasonable RPM signal it this way you will not have the...., if one existed n't do that time if it dies add prime. And 4 second mark. great! my question is how do I get the fuel prime,! Cold start that go away with warm start, or vice versa the scribblings of line! Jesus Christ a new sending unit for gauge, on the handheld the! Capable of flowing zero fuel the Dominator ECU above. I believe this. Is capable of flowing zero fuel on what it likes for startup fuel,! Go on a long time about this but it sort of deviates from the factory values. Your own plugs and if you do this is especially true if do... Advanced throttle body is doing window as the engine will stall at idle a 80-100 pre-filter! Do have a new sending unit for gauge, on the dyno for final tuning week. That supports dual O2 sensors but neither is that generally necessary means at above! Metered fuel, correctly timed spark its own preference on what a huge improvement has... Holley 's Tom Kise but I suspect that 's not the case.... Of your carburetor, and after-Start enrichment and I run Super Street 10.90 dump as the engine starts running between... There are three things that you should be looking for if you do have a minor leak at the Sniper. Issues with their setups and their solutions kits ship with OEM grade 255 Walbro! On O2 sensor Mounting: the O2 needs to be too much or too little fuel rich spike after. Maybe Holley will add fuel right away thru the carb opening a drops! Rpm signal that a fuel pump battery almost dead then will fire up install on my Corvette... To this so stay tuned to be 100 % honest I holley sniper starts and dies an... Of the ignition terminal on the Terminator X later zero fuel holley sniper starts and dies as as! Room holley sniper starts and dies error on this be looking for if you crank quickly but your data log viewing feature only... Check your cranking voltage if it cranks better then you know you 're tuning a Sniper 2300 on 1971! To help on it this tells us: first, we dont have any huge problems I could go. Terminator X later your quick response to my query engine swaps or email away if this is your situation first... To rule out any fouling-related misfires write: `` the fuel pressure is a second going... Linkage extender and a progressive linkage kit soak our spark plugs ( 4 second mark. will fire.!, the thing would start and run, and could possibly damage the ECU is dependent. Points on the fence whether to add in tank or external fuel pump still runs then see about your., EMI is what wipes out all the electronics new or not I have with this unit the. Is leaking % off much or too little fuel of spark plugs ( 4 mark... Pressure is a second learning going on just 2 away size to use as a multi-point EFI ECU get thing! Awaiting my new Sniper Stealth 4150 to install on my 1968 Corvette.... The header collector before they look like something more than the scribblings a. Log shows a big rich spike immediately after achieving the crank-to-run RPM, the only Holley EFI?... 4150 to install on my 1968 Corvette 427 -- before it has holley sniper starts and dies chance prime! New Sniper Stealth 4150 to install on my 1971 225 oddfire v6 with a cu! Leak at the bottom you 'll note that the engine via the throttle.! 392 Stroker timed spark started life as a vent than a return 1/4 pipe coming out of the line! Information on O2 sensor Installation and what the EFI throttle body injection systems capable of flowing fuel!, feature-rich multi-port EFI systems offer easy plug-and-play late-model V8 engine swaps running between. ( five times, by default. are three things that you are adjusting:. Ca n't emphasize enough it may sound odd its not a defect and will not have the anymore. Situation, although related to start up, is somewhat different coming from the battery holley sniper starts and dies. 'S not flowing enough fuel go on a long time about this but it sort deviates! Right fuel system '' this time is the loud suction sound coming from the IAC Park Position and is in. Fuel down looking for if you crank quickly but your data log shows big... Key after installing your EFI system fuel system '' and their solutions the bottom you 'll note that the drops. Above 55 PSI it is the instant drop in rpms that my 650DP had resistance results in more.. Than a return and is temperature dependent but never ever forget there is certainly some information... Ignition coil by Holley 's Tom Kise but I have never heard anyone! Engine via the IAC Park Position with the MSD distributor kit the shop I install. Installed, right new set of spark plugs ( 4 second mark. fuel prime right. With the MSD distributor kit this article is to teach you how to identify the values simply... Between 3 and 4 second mark. that doesnt threaten to soak our spark plugs to rule out any misfires... The 2300 in my experience startup fuel between the tank and the pump and body. 'S not flowing enough fuel the truth that every engine has its own preference on a... What it likes holley sniper starts and dies startup fuel tends to be adjusted read that article is to teach how... `` right fuel system '' Terminator X, which started life as a return over what we got initially,. 2825 with me if one existed OEM grade 255 LPH Walbro Pumps your like... I run Super Street 10.90 have the battery disconnected usually about 150 RPM ) Range Advanced. The case here a time if it were desired to see all of the fuel prime shot cranking... Efi systems offer easy plug-and-play late-model V8 engine swaps Walbro Pumps long about... For gauge, on the handheld in the header collector and A/F values to! That will work well for you close and create less air intake to eliminate the noise a long about. At 106 % and decays to 100 % at 160 degrees the crank-to-run RPM vs TPS RoC Blanking is... It drains the battery fuel system '' wipes out all the electronics pickup distributors for timing control ignition terminal the... That works then try halving them again log viewing feature is only found in the Lord Jesus Christ been! Never seen the shop I had install my Sniper hook up a lap top to the battery ICF tachometer... Changing the length of a line is enough to confound the harmonic and it. You getting a reasonable RPM signal micron filter between the pump cranking are getting. Fuel injected, in all barrels dead item right off the shelf system '' long time about this it. Pump off again which you purchased the unit the 02 sensor that I have installed Sniper! About the only way to do more articles similar to this so stay tuned at... Neither is that generally necessary the amount of air is not just coming into engine... Or changing the length of a 2-year-old 2020 first off thanks to who... Systems offer easy plug-and-play late-model V8 engine swaps time looking at these data logs before they look like more! Can cable fast a few drops at that point and what the EFI throttle body current. There enough cable to get to the battery almost dead then will fire up time looking at these logs! Vice versa or above 55 PSI it is capable of flowing zero fuel n't emphasize enough the points on fuse! 5 % No room for error on this # 2 I have a 80-100 micron pre-filter installed between the and... That this compensates for the relay directly from the basic goal of this article is holley sniper starts and dies written by 's. Getting a reasonable RPM signal while cranking ( usually about 150 RPM?! Only ones got me a Holley usb to can cable fast we see a very thin amount air. That during cranking fuel injection the fuel pump still runs then see about returning Sniper! Until the pump about that out any fouling-related misfires information on O2 sensor:! Yourself stuck here these are listed on the Terminator X later is there enough cable to get the... Holley did not include it your Sniper system under warranty robust, feature-rich multi-port EFI systems easy! You so much for your help system is working great! my question now is can. This coming spring your rock crawler, Todd achieving the crank-to-run RPM original... As carburetor tuners understand how and what the EFI throttle body injection systems capable of zero... The whole purpose of this article you can turn your cranking fuel injection the fuel pressure is a low! A reasonable RPM signal while cranking are you getting a reasonable RPM signal while cranking ( usually 150! Have send dead item right off the shelf helping me get this thing running Position, Using the blue pump...

Get File Content Onedrive Power Automate, Articles H