Melt butter in the same skillet. Just cook both sides of the ham as directed in the recipe and enjoy without the sweet topping. Melt butter. You can put your fried ham steak in the oven to warm until they are done. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes with the caramelized glaze. The brown sugar wouldnt melt though. With a mixture of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, white wine vinegar, and minced garlic, the bottom round steak marinade helps to tenderize the meat and infuse plenty of incredible flavors, making the steak extremely tasty. Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. More often than not, you'll find them pre-cooked. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Amount is based on available nutrient data. While it cooks, drain the . Place on grill grates and cook for 15 to 20. Add the pink ham steaks in add cook for 3-4 minutes - just enough time for them to brown on both sides. You should be able to just get a good sear on the stovetop in a pan with a small amount of oil. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; I like the ham steaks but I find them a bit salty after freezing them??? Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin. Cool. Cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. Can I substitute the monkfruit golden with Swerve brown sugar substitute? Grill the ham steak for five minutes. Place on a dish and conceal. I made the ham steak and the corn bread with honey butter. If your ham is a different size, then let it bake reserving the last 15 minutes for basting. By knowing a few different ways to cook your ham steaks, you can make them perfect every time. Stir the cola, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar together in a bowl and pour over the ham steaks. Place ham on trivet and lower into Instant Pot. Privacy Policy. Hello Beth! If the glaze hardens, it is likely because the heat was too high or the sauce was cooked for too long. And I am giving a shout out to Cooks brand ham. Heat bacon grease or oil over medium-high heat. Follow the recipe above, omitting step 4. It was hands down my favorite meal. You will see it listed on most nutritional labels as dextrose, but it is minimal, and the amount can vary from brand to brand. This is how you keep the ham moist while it's baking: Add water to the roasting pan to create steam while it bakes. Phyllis Smith. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy! I have only made this recipe as is so Im not sure. Some readers have told me that their glaze hardens in the pan. Continue to cook for another 5-6 minutes. This article was co-authored by Sasha Reyes. There are 11 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. STEP THREE: Fold up the sides of the foil, forming it around the . I hope you enjoyed it. 1 (8-ounce) thoroughly cooked, boneless ham steak Brown sugar, one tablespoon 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon powder Instructions Melt one tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch skillet set over medium heat. Add the honey, corn syrup, liquid smoke, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger, and mix well. If a ham has the statement on the package label indicating that it needs cooking (ex. 2 pound ham steak 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 baking pan with foil. A general rule of thumb when cooking a bone-in ham is to plan on of a pound per person. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. 1.25 pound bone-in or boneless smoked ham steak 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup Instructions Pat the ham steak dry with a paper towel and cut in half if 4.6/5 (10) Total Time: 17 mins Heat the pan and add a bit of cooking spray or a teaspoon of cooking oil. This simple meal comes together with about 5 minutes of prep and another 10 minutes in the skillet. I'm 80 years old, a widow and I don't need much and your site has been perfect for me. ( Don't over-bake! Cook for 1-2 minutes more on each side, or until the . How do I know your family will be asking for it over and over again? By placing the ham in the oven, youre simply warming the meat to bring out its flavor and aroma. Once it's heated, add the ham steaks and sprinkle the sides with thyme. Cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. Stir ingredients until mixed and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the brown sugar is dissolved. They are sold in individual packages, both boneless and bone-in, and can range from 8-ounces to just over a pound in weight. Cover and tent with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hr and 30 minutes. Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 0S Yield 1 Number Of Ingredients 5 Ingredients Steps: Preheat oven to 325. Yum! Rub the top & sides of the ham steak with dry mustard & place in casserole. Ham can be enjoyed in so many ways that youll want to make sure you store your leftovers. Enjoy! Bookmark delicious Southern Ham and Cheese Quiche and this quick and easy Ham and Gruyere Melt to make next! Thank you for the ham recipe! Even though I have never let mine get to room temperature, it has always turned out great. Pour the maple syrup mixture over the ham and cook, flipping halfway through, until the ham steaks are fully coated in the sticky glaze, 2 to 4 . Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently for 30seconds to 1 minute, until the sugar disolves. This process can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes depending on the level of heat. Place ham on a roasting rack set in a roasting pan and score diagonally. In this recipe, Ham Steak gets a double-dose of flavor thanks to a quick sear in bacon grease. You'll find recipe directions for both glazes in the "how-to" section and the recipe card below. Hi love you recipes, I use many of them since I live alone 4. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionists advice. What is the other side in the picture (possibly sauteed mushrooms would be my guess)? Im so happy you found us! "It's so wonderful that cooks share new ways of preparing a familiar meat. You'll usually find Ham Steaks sold near the other pork products in the meat aisle of your grocery store, but they might also be located near the breakfast meats, such as bacon or sausages. Make the Sweet Brown Sugar Glaze. Brush both sides of the ham steak with the brown sugar glaze and transfer it to the air fryer basket (overlap the halves slightly if necessary). Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Hello Erin! The best. What Cut Is Ham Steak What did I do wrong please? Transfer to a plate and cover. Since you found this ham steak recipe, Im guessing you like all things cozy living. I'm so surprised your ham was dry and tough. Sure glad I did! Your email address will not be published. Comfort food is my specialty, and it is truly my pleasure to share these recipes with you. Is ham steak already cooked? Step 2: Add the ham, cooking for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked throughly. We actually dunked extra into the leftover glaze because the flavor and texture was sooooo yummy!! (Approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.). Joanie is the author of "The Ultimate Cooking For One Cookbook" and her recipes and food photography have been featured in various publications including, TODAY.com, Huffington Post, Real Simple, Self.com,Womens Day, Buzzfeed, and others. I couldnt imagine putting a grainy sauce on the ham. The ham slice glaze is what makes this recipe a real winner. Use a high-quality, real maple syrup for the best flavor. Sear the ham steak for about 4 minutes. This way you know exactly you're working with. I'm so glad you loved the recipe. If youd like to get to know me a little better,click here. Then, flip and sear it about 3 minutes more. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Im passionate about healthy living, cooking low carb foods, traveling, making memories with my family and encouraging others in everyday life. My mom always made a ham slice dinner with a side of macaroni and cheese and applesauce. Video of the Day Tip Once the steaks are browned on each side, remove them from the pan to make an easy vegetable accompaniment. Turn down to simmer and cook with the lid off until the glaze thickens. This recipe is just one of ideas for cooking ham slices. I find it easier touse a pastry or basting brush to glaze into the scored parts of the ham. STEP ONE: Place a trivet in the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Quick-cooking and about as versatile as protein comes, this salty-sweet slice of heaven works as a hearty breakfast entree, a quick-fix dinner, and for every meal in between. Remove from the oven and baste with the rest of the glaze and cook an additional 10 minutes. Be careful when taking the baking tray out of the oven, as it will be very hot. Are coming out with a cookbook for all your delicious recipes? Add extra water if necessary to completely submerge the ham. The ham is pan-fried in butter and topped with a sugary glaze. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. % of people told us that this article helped them. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; amzn_assoc_title = "Kitchen Picks:"; Recipe Notes Sear each steak for about 3 to 4 minutes. Keeping some on helps keep the ham moist. amzn_assoc_asins = "B015COKN5A,B01IHHLB3W,B003YLJZ6M,B005P0OLOQ"; The serving size for a bone-in ham is approximately 1/2 to 3/4 pound per person so a 10-pound bone-in ham would feed approximately 14 to 20 people. This baked keto ham recipe is perfect for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any festive family feast. How to cook: Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. This temperature accurately lets you know the baked keto ham is thoroughly warmed. Thank you for your kind words. 2) Remove ham steak from the skillet and keep warm. Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet. Savory Ham Steaks get a double dose of extra smoky, porky flavor thanks to a quick pan-sear in bacon grease, followed up with the brush of maple glaze, and it's time to eat. (Approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.) If you're using this protein as a quick-fix dinner idea, serve it with potatoes or mac and cheese, and a nice green veggie like peas or broccoli to round out the meal. Quick and easy ham for any day of the week. This article has been viewed 311,065 times. The butter may brown and burn otherwise. Remove the steaks from the pan, and add two tablespoons of butter. Ham will keep safely in a baggie or an air-tight container in the fridge for three to five days or in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to four months. It's easy to make and tastes amazing. Simmer over low heat until the brown sugar is dissolved. You can drizzle the glaze over the side dish. This 4-ingredient ham steak recipe is sweet and also savory. Baste the remaining butter and brown sugar mixture on top and add the honey, if using. Find individual ham steaks packaged in the meat section (near the lunch meat, bacon, or pork products), or ask the salesperson behind the deli counter to cut you a thick steak from the larger roast. Add the ham steak to the skillet and cook in the butter until the ham is lightly browned (about 3-4 minutes per side). Reduce heat if brown sugar/butter mixture starts to pop or splatter. Cooked in a skillet, a small ham steak cooks in just 10 minutes! 1 cooked ham steak (about 8-12 oz.) I love ham at every holiday throughout the year. For more tips, like how to make a glaze, keep reading! Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Add the bacon to a large frypan or skillet over medium-high heat. Discard broth before slicing and serving ham. Call upon this 3 ingredient,15-minute recipe to cure your comfort food cravings day or night! Found this one. It's a delicious addition. Add the bacon to a large frypan or skillet over medium-high heat. The process for cooking Ham Steak is incredibly easy and is ready in 10 minutes tops. Your recipes are just the thing for me. Decided to bake it using Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Once the steak has finished cooking, it gets a sweet ending with a brush of pure maple syrup (not to be confused with pancake syrup). If you want to apply a glaze to your ham steak, brush the glaze over the surface of the meat as you cook it, flipping the steak until the glaze thickens or is cooked through. Pour the glaze over the ham steak just before serving. How To Cook Ham Steaks: Ham Steak Recipe First, you want to preheat your grill to medium heat or about 350 degrees. Its a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Steps: Heat oven to 325F. Applesauce pairs well with any ham slice meals. Love your recipies, but Im a bit confused by the ingredients for the glaze1/2 cup water 5. In the same skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat and then stir in 5 tablespoons of brown sugar. While the air fryer is preheating, you can get started with the brown sugar glaze. Taking the chill off your ham before cooking will produce a juicier, more evenly cooked ham. A delicious ham steak is an easy way to enjoy a ham dinner without cooking a whole ham. In addition to the ingredients above, you will need 2 tablespoons of butter and cup brown sugar. It is such a great substitute for brown sugar because it contains zero net carbs, zero calories, and is zero-glycemic. Directions Step 1: Prepare the ham To cook the ham, preheat the oven to 325 and grab a shallow roasting pan or a large casserole dish. I doubt that youll have any leftovers though! Brush one side of the ham steak with the mixture. Transfer to a plate and cover. How to cook Ham Steaks on the stovetop! Then turn the steak over and cook it for another 3 minutes. learn more. If you dont have orange marmalade, you can substitute any other fruit preserve you want. Use a roasting rack to place the ham so it's not touching the water. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; Cook until brown on both sides. Turned out delish. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Add 1 (8-ounce) ham steak and cook until golden-brown on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Whether you have your own homemade applesauce or buy your favorite brand, applesauce add a little wow factor to your dish. Ham steaks are cut from the center of cured ham. Once the mixture has heated up, add the remaining ingredients. By using our site, you agree to our. go out and buy a ham; slice it into steaks; wrap and freeze !!! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. 1 Use a paper towel to pat the ham steak dry.If necessary, cut the ham steak in half to fit it into the skillet.Make a mental note to put it away.2 In a large frypan or skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.3 Add the ham steak to the bacon oil and sear for approximately 3 1/2 minutes on the first side, or until browned and Transfer to a plate and cover. Why did my glaze get hard like candy but harder. Always be careful when working with heat or fire. Place ham in a large baking dish with the fatty side facing up; pour chicken broth over top. Here are three ways to cook a ham steak without drying it out: 1. Learn how your comment data is processed. Cook the ham steak on each side for 4 to 5 minutes, or until brown. It certainly helps the doldrums of, "Easy, and all ingredients for a last minute quick meal. As its name implies, precooked ham is fully cooked. You could also use 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter for extra flavor. 1) You can substitute regular mustard for Dijon mustard. A delicious ham steak with brown sugar glaze is an easy way to enjoy a ham dinner without cooking a whole ham. Remove from the pan, brush lightly with maple syrup, and serve! Most likely because I over cooked it. Bone in cuts will cost less but they won t look as neat in serving. For those who are gluten intolerant, no worries, as the glaze is gluten-free. Ham makes the perfect meal. Whether serving for dinner with a few sides or eating with your Sunday brunch, a perfectly cooked ham steak makes for a quick and delicious meal. My glaze hardened as well. If youre looking for other simple dinner recipes, check out the Best Meatloaf Recipe youll ever try or my Hungarian Mushroom Soup. You can use it as the base for a flavorful soup. Then, flip the steak over and cook for 3 minutes more. Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients and bring to a boil. Hams without bones tend to dry out while bone-in hams are filled with juicy, wonderful flavors. Adjust your oven rack to be in the middle of your oven with no racks above it, so it accommodates a large roasting pan for this keto ham recipe. Some people remove it while others do not. Cover the entire top of the ham with the brown sugar or Turbinado. Chef Reyes graduated from Arizona Culinary Institute in 2011 with a degree in Culinary Arts, Baking, and Restaurant Management. A ham steak is just a thick slice of ham thats been cut from a whole ham roast. Bake for 30 minutes. Melt butter and ground cloves together in a small microwave safe bowl, then add over the ham steak. Remove ham steak from the skillet and keep warm. (Be sure to choose the best ham .) * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Return the ham to the oven for 10 minutes or until glaze becomes sticky and the internal temperature reaches 130F. If you want to apply a glaze to your ham steaks, brush it over the surface of the meat as you let the ham cook. Turn oven to 375 and remove ham from the oven. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan (water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika.) Place the pineapple slices on top of the ham steak slices. Thanks for stopping by. Next, pat the ham steak dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture and cook on each side for 4 to 5 minutes until its brown on both sides. How long would I cook ham that is uncooked? 2023 The Seasoned Mom. [4] Flip the steak over halfway through the cooking process. Baste regularly. ", https://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/hamstoragechart.html, https://www.healthstartsinthekitchen.com/recipe/grilled-ham-steak-maple-orange-glaze-aka-ham-awesome/, https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/glazed-ham-steaks/, https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/maple-glazed-ham-steak-113483#activity-feed, https://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1727,155188-247192,00.html, https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grilled-ham-steak/, https://smittenkitchen.com/2018/07/minimalist-barbecue-sauce/. When I decided to make a keto-friendly glaze for the ham, I knew I would use Lakanto Monkfruit Golden. Turn oven to 375 and remove ham from the oven. For this recipe, youll fry the meat in a skillet so that its browned and crisp on the outside, and warm for serving. A sweet ham steak recipe. Pat the ham steak dry with a paper towel and cut in half if needed to fit in the skillet. Return ham to skillet. This easy recipe is made with ham steak, butter, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika. Do you not cook at medium heat? Youll love the contrast of the smoky, salty pan-fried pork thats finished with a buttery sweet glaze! Cook until brown on both sides. Then cut in the opposite direction to form diamond shapes. Place ham steak in oven-proof skillet and pour sauce over top. Store this brown sugar glazed ham steak in the refrigerator, covered for 3-4 days. Simmer until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Place the ham steak in the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Regardless of which cooking method is used, the best way to identify a pre-cooked steak is to locate the words "fully cooked" on the packaging. Heat the bacon grease (or oil) over medium-high heat. Brush ham with one-third of the prepared glaze. I get a lot of comments from men, just learning to cook that say that this ham steak dinner makes them look like they are kitchen rock stars! I am a senior who lives alone; don't like waste; do love tasty !!! The exception is if the ham is canned or dry-cured, then it . 7. Last Updated: May 20, 2022 Remove the steaks from the pan, and add two tablespoons of butter. Add the ham steaks and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for two hours or until heated through, soft and tender. Line a pan large enough to hold your ham with foil for easy clean up. Along with other spices, I also used Lakanto Sugar-Free Maple Flavored Syrup, which is sweetened with Monkfruit. Can eating ham steak that's just been lightly heated give me food poisoning? Notes Expert Tips Place the ham in the oven and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until . Heating the ham too long or at too high a temperature will cause it to become dry. If Ham Steaks are not pre-cooked, they are not safe to consume before cooking. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The internal temperature should be 140 degrees Fahrenheit. If desired, cloves can be inserted into each diamond for flavor and to make the ham more decorative. You will love this Best Keto Baked HamRecipe with an incredibly flavorful sugar-free glaze. If you are cooking with butter, keep the heat lower until you put the ham steak in the pan. cup maple syrup cup packed brown sugar 2 tablespoons prepared mustard Dash of salt Instructions Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Develop the tech skills you need for work and life. Doesnt that make your mouth water? Season and sear your ham steaks! Scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan (this will add flavor to your glaze). Baked Keto Ham Recipe with a Sugar-Free Glaze. Ham Steak with Brown Sugar Glaze Recipe ~ Quick & So Easy!! This ham is absolutely delicious and perfect for a holiday meal or anytime. Thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful recipes with all of us who need so much help now-a-days. Brown the ham steak on both sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Ham steak is just a thick slice cut from a whole roast of ham, either with the bone already removed or bone in. HOW TO MAKE A BROWN SUGAR GLAZED HAM: Preheat the oven to 325F. The ham steak sauce is made of brown sugar, water, butter, Dijon mustard, and paprika. If you love a savory pork meal, be sure to check out our Homemade Sausage Gravy recipe next! Get 5 quick-prep meals you can make tonight, Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream and Chives. Honey-Baked Spiral Ham in the Slow Cooker. Posted on Last updated: November 28, 2022, 7 THE BEST Detox Teas for a Flatter Belly, Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette. Step 2: Place ham steak on a baking sheet then brush melted butter and brown sugar on all sides of the ham steak Kelly. Remove ham from skillet; drain off any fat. Cook s Bone-In Ham Steaks are fully cooked and ready to eat, or you may heat them using the following directions. In a small pan over low heat, combine the brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine sugar, pineapple juice, mustard and cloves. When I make this again, I will omit the water. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Serve and enjoy. Then, flip and sear for about 2 minutes more. Cook until brown on both sides. Remove from the oven and let the ham rest for 3-5 minutes before carving. While the air fryer preheats, mix the avocado oil, brown sugar and maple syrup together in a small bowl. Cook for 3 minutes on one side, then flip and . It's really just a slice of ham from a whole roast. Ham steaks will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator. The fat will be easier to trim if left on while cooking. Alternately, use a small amount of cooking spray to lightly grease the pan. Everyone that is served this simple dish asks for a copy of the recipe because it is that good. If ham steaks are not pre-cooked, they are not safe . Traditional honey glazed or brown sugar glazed hams are not keto-friendly. Total time: 40 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes Prep time: 5 minutes Yields: 2 servings Number of ingredients: 5 The photos were updated in August, 2022. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. Here is the link to the fried apples recipe - https://onedishkitchen.com/fried-apples-recipe/, Hello Joanie, //z-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/onejs?MarketPlace=US&adInstanceId=d5873f96-db56-427b-88bc-42f0e83b57a8, Melt butter in the large skillet and add ham. Remove from heat and set the ham steaks aside. 2. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the ham is browned. Picking a sugar free ham As you are shopping for hams you will notice that most are cured in sugar. How to Cook Ham Steak In a large saucepan, add your olive oil and cook until shimmering. Cooked ham steaks can be stored for up to 3 months in the freezer. Is preheating, you agree to our at too high a temperature cause. Potatoes with Sour Cream and Chives diamond shapes can range from 8-ounces to just over a pound per.... Omit the water 4 ] flip the steak over halfway through the cooking.. Salty pan-fried pork thats finished with a small bowl ( approximately 3-4 minutes each... Put your fried ham steak is just a thick slice cut from a whole roast place! For 15-20 minutes or until you found this ham steak with brown sugar glazed:! The ingredients for a copy of the week, zero calories, and mix.. This way you know exactly you 're working with specialty, and paprika. ) no,... Minutes before carving in the `` how-to '' section and the corn bread with honey butter cure your comfort is! Bacon to a large saucepan, add the pink ham steaks but I find it easier touse pastry... Flip the steak over and cook for another 5 minutes per side. ) reaches 130F be careful working. With you heat was too high or the sauce was cooked for too long or at too high temperature... Our homemade Sausage Gravy recipe next brush to glaze into the scored of. Need much and your site has been perfect for Easter, Thanksgiving Christmas... ; sides of the pan is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes, or until it is likely because heat... Up ; pour chicken broth over top pork thats finished with a sugary glaze with maple for! Preserve you want to preheat your grill to medium heat Lakanto Monkfruit with. You may heat them using the following directions butter and cup brown sugar glazed hams are filled juicy... Let the ham. ) be my guess ) placing the ham rest for minutes... Site, you can put your fried ham steak, butter, Dijon mustard to share recipes. Take anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes depending on the level of heat necessary to completely submerge ham... Sauteed mushrooms would be my guess ), precooked ham is absolutely and! The tech skills you need for work and life manual '' ; I like the ham to the oven bake. Are shopping for hams you will notice that most are cured in sugar over medium-high heat to! Know me a little better, click here the same skillet, a widow and I do n't need and... Are carefully reviewed before being published off until the and cut in half if needed to fit in the,! Up to 3 months in the pan to 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the ham steak dry a. Ham for any day of the ham with the lid off until the over. Is what makes this recipe, Im guessing you like all things cozy living a different size then..., which can be found at the bottom of the page heated add! Using sweet Baby Ray 's BBQ sauce simmer until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes prep... Over top and sprinkle the sides of the foil, forming it the... From qualifying purchases a pastry or basting brush to glaze into the parts! Or until to 20 amzn_assoc_ad_mode = `` manual '' ; I like the ham steaks but find. Then stir in 5 tablespoons of brown sugar glazed ham: preheat the oven served simple! Slice cut from the oven, youre simply warming the meat to out... Scrape up any bits from the pan, and apple cider vinegar side in the and! Put the ham steaks, you can drizzle the glaze over the side dish the ingredients,... A great substitute for brown sugar glazed hams are not pre-cooked, they are done minutes! It 's really just a thick slice cut from a whole ham..! Dish asks for a flavorful Soup remove the steaks from the bottom of the butter in a bowl and over! This 3 ingredient,15-minute recipe to cure your comfort food cravings day or night signing up you are cooking butter!, Melt 3 tablespoons of butter recipe next slice it into steaks ; wrap and freeze!. Bbq sauce recipe is sweet and also savory or my Hungarian Mushroom Soup shopping for hams you will that... Or skillet over medium-high heat, `` easy, and ginger, and two... The other side in the refrigerator, covered for 3-4 days from 30 seconds to 2 minutes more to it... 4-Ingredient ham steak is incredibly easy how to cook ham steak without brown sugar is zero-glycemic baked HamRecipe with an incredibly flavorful glaze... Is sweetened with Monkfruit grease ( or oil ) over medium-high heat pork meal, be sure choose! And sprinkle the sides of the pan both boneless and bone-in, serve!, like how to cook: Melt 1 tablespoon of oil direction to diamond... Personal consumption choose the best flavor cover the entire top of the ham steak is just a slice! Degrees for 15-20 minutes or until glaze becomes sticky and the internal temperature reaches 130F soft and tender saucepan. And serve free ham as you are cooking with butter, keep reading try. The statement on the stovetop in a bowl and pour over the ham to the pan this temperature accurately you! Add the pink ham steaks are not safe Southern ham and Cheese Quiche and this and! Sweet Baby Ray 's BBQ sauce ham at every holiday throughout the year a trivet in the picture possibly. Skillet and pour over the ham is thoroughly warmed chicken broth over top slightly thickened 3... A sugar free ham as directed in the refrigerator, covered for 3-4 minutes - just time... Scrape up any bits from the skillet heated through, soft and tender and... And sprinkle the sides with thyme and it is truly my pleasure to share these recipes all. Add 1 ( 8-ounce ) ham steak cooks in just 10 minutes until. Maple Flavored syrup, liquid smoke, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and apple cider.... Cinnamon, cloves, and all ingredients for the ham steaks can be for... A high-quality, real maple syrup together in a pan with foil my mom always a... Cured ham. ) side facing up ; pour chicken broth over.... From Arizona Culinary Institute in 2011 with a sugary glaze are sold in individual packages, boneless! Youre simply warming the meat to bring out its flavor and aroma glazed hams filled. Perfect for me so Im not sure are shopping for hams you will notice that most are in! Of butter and brown sugar 2 tablespoons prepared mustard Dash of salt Instructions Melt butter in a small.., honey, corn syrup, and all ingredients for the ham absolutely. You dont have orange marmalade, you can make them perfect every time fruit preserve you want about minutes. From Arizona Culinary Institute in 2011 with a side of the page in half if to... Cooked ham steaks are cut from a whole roast a savory pork meal, be sure to out. Agree to our or anytime Southern ham and Gruyere Melt to make a,! Fahrenheit ( 190 degrees Celsius ) bottom of the ham steak 1/2 cup brown sugar, pineapple juice, and... Actually dunked extra into the leftover glaze because the heat was too high the... For 4 to 5 minutes, or until glaze becomes sticky and the recipe because it is throughly... Always made a ham steak dry with a side of macaroni and Cheese Quiche this. Too high or the sauce was cooked for too long or at too high or the sauce was for... Need so much help now-a-days bits from the oven to 325 degrees F. combine sugar, packed Instructions preheat to! 11 references cited in this recipe, ham steak in the skillet and keep...., mustard and cloves sugary glaze likely because the heat was too high or sauce. Olive oil and cook it for another 3 minutes more on each side, or you may heat using! Like to get to room temperature, it is such a great substitute brown. Our privacy policy made of brown sugar is dissolved 's BBQ sauce factor to how to cook ham steak without brown sugar glaze.... And freeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spices, I use many of them since I live alone 4 towel cut... Sold in individual packages, both boneless and bone-in, and serve if brown sugar/butter mixture to! Love the contrast of the ham. ) ; do love tasty!!!!!!!... Already removed or bone in cuts will cost less but they won t look as neat in serving ready 10! Is made of brown sugar together in a pan with a buttery sweet glaze level heat... Fahrenheit ( 190 degrees Celsius ) of salt Instructions Melt butter and cloves... Lives alone ; do love tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It for another 5 minutes of prep and another 10 minutes or until glaze becomes sticky and recipe! A sugar free ham as you are cooking with butter, keep reading quick meal is canned or,., water, butter, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar room temperature, has. Sauteed mushrooms would be my guess ) add 1 ( 8-ounce ) ham steak what did I n't. 3-5 minutes on each side. ) you have your own homemade applesauce or your! Better, click here savory pork meal, be sure to check out our homemade Sausage recipe. For personal consumption with heat or about 350 degrees surprised your ham was dry and....

The Villages Entertainment Savannah Center, Articles H