Join StageAgent today and unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. He is nervously waiting for the very late Italian opera superstar, Tito Merelli, who is scheduled to sing Verdi's "Otello" for the company's 10th anniversary celebration that evening. Michael Kraklio, director. Gender: Female. Part Size: Lead. Research Playwrights, Librettists, Composers and Lyricists. The play, originally titled Opera Buffa, had been produced at a summer theater, American Stage Festival, Milford, NH, in 1985. Monologue from Lend Me a Tenor - YouTube Leigh Anne Hamlin performs one of Maggie's monologues from the play "Lend Me a Tenor" by Ken Ludwig. Possum Point Players, Tech Crew at Description Lend Me A Tenor Act I Account 157.55.39.99. Audition Packets are available on the website. Alas, Tito arrives late, his tempestuous wife Maria has a fit of jealousy, and it remains to be seen whether Saunders' mousy but determined . scenes from TENOR will be used. In a frantic attempt to salvage the evening, Saunders persuades Max to get into Morellis Canio costume and fool the audience into thinking hes Il Stupendo. Gain full access to show guides, character breakdowns, auditions, monologues and more! Maybe I should wait here. Frantic and on the run from the police, Tito is even more confused when other characters in the play show up to congratulate him on his "magnificent performance" as Othello. Our 700-plus members include theatre owners and operators, producers, presenters, and general managers in North American cities, as well as suppliers of goods and services to the commercial theatre industry. Max manages to calm Tito down, and takes the singer into the bedroom, where Tito lies down on the bed for a rest. Of course! The Broadway League is the national trade association for the Broadway industry. At the end of the play, things are sorted out. They're sending two of their men over to keep an eye out. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Login. A surprise Curtain Call pushes it even further over the edge leaving both cast and audience fatigued from laughter. Monologues for Women; Comedic; . It's unbelieveable but it's written strongly enough for the audience to suspend disbelief.". Seeking 2 Actor Team for Spring Add a few lines about how he was wounded in the Battle of Cyprus, then carry him around the stage on a stretcher.Whats that? IBDB provides a comprehensive database of shows produced on Broadway, including all "title page" information about each production. Lend Me a Tenor has been translated into sixteen languages and produced in twenty-five countries. DOWNLOAD PDF . This page was last edited on 21 September 2022, at 23:34. Henry Saunders -- General Manager of the company -- is beyond stressed about everything turning out right, and insists that his assistant, Max -- a nervous, young fellow and secret tenor extraordinaire -- watch over Titos every move to ensure smooth sailing. [11], In 2019 the official licensed performance script was revised by Ken Ludwig, removing all references to Otello and replacing them with Pagliacci.[12][13]. Research Playwrights, Librettists, Composers and Lyricists. It will be a disaster for the Cleveland opera, and for Saunders himself. It starts spinning early in the show and just never stops. Ken Ludwigs Lend Me A Tenor was first presented at the American Stage Festival, Milford, New Hampshire on August 1, 1985, with the following cast: MAX - Walter Bobbie; MAGGIE - Christine Rose; SAUNDERS - George Ede; TITO - Ronald Holgate; MARIA - Judith Roberts; BELLHOP - Joe Palmieri; DIANA - Linda Lee Johnson; JULIA - Bella Jarrett, Directed by Larry Carpenter; Set Design by John Falabella; Costume Design by David Murin; Lighting by John Gisondi. However, we have dozens of other monologues that you can read. Max's performance as Othello was a huge success, and no one suspected that he was not Tito. Ladies and gentlemen Mr. Tito Merelli killed himself this afternoon, thereby depriving many ofa great pleasure. But when he becomes incapacitated, it's up to meek and mild. Lend Me A Tenor is set in September 1934. "We had to make it look smooth and natural when, in fact, it was highly choreographed," Ms. Romaine said. Oh oh oh absolutely. The play was subsequently presented by Andrew Lloyd Webber for The Really Useful Company at the Globe Theatre, London on March 6, 1986. As Scene I of the play opens, Henry Saunders, general manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera Company, is anxiously awaiting the arrival of Tito Merelli, a world-famous Italian opera tenor, known as "Il Stupendo" to his many fans. Maria returns to the hotel and makes up with the bewildered Tito, while Max manages to step into the bathroom long enough to change out of his Othello costume and wig, and emerge as himself. When they grabbed him he actually hit a policeman. Saunders, the general manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera Company, is primed to welcome world famous, Tito Morelli, Il Stupendo, the greatest tenor of his generation, to appear for one night only as Canio from Pagliacci. "- The New York Post, "[A] three-ring circus of chaos involving celebrity worship, backstage shenanigans and mistaken identities. ", "The Show Must Go On: Lend Me a Tenor, with LaPaglia, Shalhoub and Bartha, Opens on Broadway", Review: Performances of Comedy of Tenors and Bandstand, "Alley Theatre Official Website - Lend Me a Soprano", "Merc cancels fall production of comedic 'Lend Me a Tenor', "Memphis, La Cage, Zeta-Jones, Finneran and More Are Outer Critics Circle Award Winners", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lend_Me_a_Tenor&oldid=1111613206, Pages using infobox play with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0. I hope nothing happens. Tito finally arrives at the hotel suite, accompanied by his hot-tempered Italian wife, Maria, who is jealous because Tito flirts with other women. Please prepare a 2 minute comic monologue. When Tito returns to the bedroom, he finds Maria's note. Seeking 2 Actor Team for Spring For actor Bill Cookson, who plays Tito, learning the lines and keeping the pace required more work than understanding Tito's motivation. . Every time they enter a room, open a door, or even open their mouths you just cant expect what happens. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . Singing is not required for any role, however, if Tito and Max can sing, we may switch to live performance singing as opposed to recordings. By the time we reach the endwellits not over. All monologues are property and copyright of their owners. A sellout crowd and the members of the Cleveland Opera Guild will be at the opera house that evening to see the great Merelli. The title is a pun on "Lend me a tenner" (i.e., a ten-dollar bill). Maggie is a fan of Tito Merelli, and hopes to meet him. You can see four different versions of it and enjoy each one.". I can't open sardines and answer the phone. that Max mistakenly thinks Tito has committed suicide. Ken Ludwig has written a crackpot comedy worthy of comic masters Preston Sturges, Billy Wilder or Howard Hawks. Inspire employees with compelling live and on-demand video experiences. The opera performance will have to be cancelled, and the audience will demand their money back. (Unbeknownst to either of them, Tito accidentally takes a double-dose of tranquilizers.) Throw in Diana, an ambitious, female co-star; Maggie, Max's giddy girlfriend; Julia, a flirty head of the opera guild; and a meddling bellhop fighting for Tito's attention. Lend Me a Tenor.script.acti. Then Saunders gets a phone call, telling him that the police are downstairs in the lobby. Johnna Leary - "Lend Me A Tenor" Monologue - YouTube Maggie's Act 2 Monologue from LEND ME A TENOR Maggie's Act 2 Monologue from LEND ME A TENOR. Throw in Diana, an ambitious, female co-star; Maggie, Maxs giddy girlfriend; Julia, a flirty head of the opera guild; and a meddling bellhop fighting for Titos attention. Make Salome look like The Merry Widow!To ask Ken a question, click here. Max finds an empty medicine bottle and Maria's "Dear John" letter, which is written in such a way ("By the time you read this, I will be gone.") 2001 - 2023, The Broadway League, All Rights Reserved. While Maria pouts in the bedroom, Tito joins Max in the living room, but not before accidentally overdosing on sedatives. College/University, Community Theatre, Professional Theatre, Regional Theatre, Small Cast, Ages 12-17: Camp Broadway Ensemble @ Carnegie Hall. I'd be happy to suggest a few monologues for men from my plays as well as some of my favorite monologues from Shakespeare.From my plays, there are three monologues that might be of interest:1. We will place the best person for those roles, whether they sing or not. The audience will never know that it is not Tito Merelli, and they can announce Tito's death tomorrow morning. CCP decided two years ago to limit its annual lineup to light comedy. The play was produced on both the West End(1986) and Broadway(1989). Horrified that his wife has left him, Tito goes into a fit of passion and tries to "kill himself" with various non-lethal objects (e.g. from Come join me, will you? New York, NY, Ages 12-17: Camp Broadway Ensemble @ Carnegie Hall In short, our star for the evening has departed this world in a final gesture of selfishness and deceit unrivaled in the history of comic opera!What? Ages 12-17: Camp Broadway Ensemble @ Carnegie Hall, Tito Merelli at New York, NY, Linda Ray trying to stab himself with a wine bottle). From Leading Ladies, I'd suggest Doc Meyer's monologue at the beginning of the Act I, Scene 2 (page 11-12 of the Samuel French edition);3. A few brief words, nothing elaborate. We can prop him up and play a record. Tito and Maria leave together, while Saunders accompanies Diana to a downstairs reception. A musical inside a musical will unfold at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville when. and Act I, Scene 2: "Oh that this too too solid flesh would melt"And from Macbeth, I'd look at Act II Scene 1: "Is this a dagger which I see before me? The angst-free farce "Lend Me A Tenor" was written by Washington attorney Ken Ludwig and produced in 1989 by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Join StageAgent today and unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. It was directed by Larry Carpenter. "- Desert News, "One of the funniest comedies ever written. I've included this monologue below, since it requires putting three speeches together.2. It was directed by Larry Carpenter. Lend Me a Tenoris a comedyby Ken Ludwig. Maggie realizes that not only was Max the "Tito" that she made love to, he was also the "Tito" who sang so passionately in tonight's opera performance. Lend Me a Tenor was first presented at the American Stage Festival, Milford, New Hampshire on August 1, 1985. Max returns to the bedroom, but is shocked and horrified to find Tito is missing from the bed. And bring your running shoes because once we start, we arent stopping! A sequel titled Comedy of Tenors was written by Ludwig. The good-natured Tito encourages the inhibited Max to pursue his operatic ambitions, even offering vocal tips as the two break into a duet, the aria "Do,che nell'alma infondere" from Verdi's "Don Carlo.". The two-room set has a sitting room with a sofa and chairs at right and a bedroom at left. "- Glendale Theater Examiner. . Still do the performance? The angst-free farce "Lend Me A Tenor" was written by Washington attorney Ken Ludwig and produced in 1989 by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Lend Me a Tenor Play Writers: Ken Ludwig Monologues Sorry! Information: 381-4864. Your blog is such a great reference to have and, of course, provides invaluable insight into someone I've admired for so long.As I was reading your past entries, I saw that someone inquired about your favorite monologues from your works, particularly "Leading Ladies". The play takes place in 1934, in a hotel suite in Cleveland, Ohio. character breakdowns, auditions, monologues and more! This article is about the play. Saunders and Max try to block assorted groupies, including an ** opera-singing bellhop, the ambitious opera singer Diana, opera guild president Julia Leverett and Saunders' daughter, Maggie. temporary. Anoka-Ramsey Community College, Maggie Saunders at Still wearing his Othello costume, Max leaves the hotel suite and runs to find Saunders. [10], In 2022, Ludwig adapted a gender-swapped version of the play entitled Lend Me a Soprano which will run at the Alley Theatre in Houston, Texas from September 16 until October 9. IBDB provides records of productions from the beginnings of New York theatre until today. The winner of two Tony Awards and four Drama Desk Awards has. Gain full access to show guides, character breakdowns, auditions, monologues and more! MAGGIE SAUNDERS: Saunder's daughter, and Max's girlfriend. Ages 12-17: Camp Broadway Ensemble @ Carnegie Hall. Max's gradual transformation from quivering nebbish to commanding impostor reflects the acting range of actor Aric-James Darroe. It received nine Tony Award nominations and won for Best Actor (Philip Bosco) and Best Director (Jerry Zaks). I suppose we'd better go. Lend Me a Tenor characters breakdowns including full descriptions with standard casting requirements and expert analysis. Maria storms out just before Tito falls deeply asleep. New York, NY, Ages 12-17: Camp Broadway Ensemble @ Carnegie Hall Lusty women in hotel rooms, crazed fans, drinking, drugs and suicide attempts -- it's tough to be an opera singer. "We made a conscious decision to stay away from theater that's thought-provoking and asks serious questions," said Steve Moore, president of CCP. Partner Sites Youtube to Mp3 Converter About Us This project started as a student project in 2014 and was presented in 2017. [9] The musical opened in London's West End in June 2011, directed by Ian Talbot and choreographed by Randy Skinner. Hello Ken!Wow! "The play is pure entertainment," said director Kathy Turyn Romaine, who is also a CCP officer. The understudy. "The comedy is the premise of the situation. Maggie's father, GM of The Cleveland Grand Opera Company. A Broadway revival opened in 2010. "It requires more energy than anything else. The play was subsequently presented by Andrew Lloyd Webber for The Really Useful Company at the Globe Theatre, London on March 6, 1986 with the following cast: MAX - Denis Lawson; MAGGIE - Jan Francis; SAUNDERS - John Barron; TITO - Ronald Holgate; MARIA - Anna Nocholas; BELLHOP - Edward Hibbert; DIANA - Gwendolyn Humble; JULIA - Josephine Blake, Directed by David Gilmore; Designed by Terry Parsons; Lighting by Michael Northen. Merelli is coming to Cleveland to sing the lead role in a performance of Giuseppe Verdi's Otello. Wearing Tito's costume and makeup, Max will star in the opera performance. Each year, League members bring Broadway to more than 30 million people in New York and more than 200 cities across the U.S. and Canada. Report this file. Lend Me a Tenor by Ken LudwigRole: MaggieMaggie Saunders is found by Max, who is disguised as Tito Mirelli, in the Opera Star's hotel suite.I played this rol. Sign up today to unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. However, Saunders comes up with a plan. Here are a few of my favorite speeches from those plays:From Hamlet: Act II Sc 2: "Oh what a rouge and peasant slave am I!" Lend Me a Tenor (Revival, Play, Comedy, Farce, Broadway) opened in New York City Apr 4, 2010 and played through Aug 15, 2010. . Cedar Street Players, Julia at From Lend Me A Tenor, I would recommend Saunders' monologue towards the end of Act I, just after he's discovered that Tito Merelli is unconscious and possibly dead. A surprise Curtain Call pushes it even further over the edge leaving both cast and audience fatigued from laughter. Vocal Part: Spoken. My God youve solved the whole problem! Aurora University Theater. The play's split set and split-second timing offered several challenges for Ms. Romaine. A few seconds later, Tito Merelli returns to the hotel suite, also dressed as Othello, in a costume, wig, and blackface makeup. They'll start arriving any minute now. Since each role is clearly defined and quite funny, it offers the opportunity for everyone to shine. A musical adaptation was presented in May 2006 as a staged reading as part of the Utah Shakespearean Festival's New American Playwright Project, in Cedar City, Utah, followed by rewrites and a production as part of USF's Summer 2007 repertory season, which received rave reviews. Together, Max and Saunders find a way to save the Opera Companys big night in grand, farcical fashion. The play opened in a revival in New York City on April 4, 2010 at the Music Box Theater produced by The Araca Group,Stuart Thompson,Carl Moellenberg,Rodney Rigby,Olympus Theatricals,Broadway Across AmericaandThe Shubert Organization (Philip J. Smith: Chairman; Robert E. Wankel: President) with the following cast: MAX - Justin Bartha; MAGGIE - Mary Catherine Garrison; SAUNDERS - Tony Shalhoub; TITO - Anthony LaPaglia; MARIA - Jan Maxwell; BELLHOP - Jay Klaitz; DIANA - Jennifer Laura Thompson; JULIA - Brooke Adams, Directed by Stanley Tucci; Set Design by John Lee Beatty; Costume Design by Martin Pakledinaz; Lighting by Kenneth Posner; Sound Design byPeter Hylenski; Hair and Wig Design byPaul Huntley; Make-Up Design byJoe Dulude, II; Associate Scenic Design:Kacie Hultgren; Associate Costume Design:Sarah Sophia Lidz; Associate Lighting Design:Aaron Spivey; Associate Sound Design:Keith Caggiano, ArtZany: Lend Me a Tenor with director Marc Robinson, LEND ME A TENOR Is Frantic, Frenetic Farce at Theatre Harrisburg, Ask Someone to Lend You a Ticket to LEND ME A TENOR. But these are just some of the backstage goings-on during a night at the opera in the hit comedy, "Lend Me A Tenor.". [7][8] The revival closed its limited run on August 15, 2010. The cast featured Ron Holgate (Tito), Anna Nicholas (Maria), Edward Hibbert (Bellhop), Denis Lawson (Max), Jan Francis (Maggie), John Barron (Saunders), Gwendolyn Humble (Diana), and Josephine Blake (Julia). And bring your running shoes because once we start, we arent stopping., These eight characters are insane (every one of them!) Join StageAgent today and unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. "I hope this is helpful. On a very important night for the Cleveland Grand Opera Company, Tito Mirelli, the world-famous Italian tenor, is set to perform the starring role in Otello. Max navigates the company through one catastrophe after the next -- an angry wife, a presumed death, crazy costumes, secret sex romps, and loads and loads of slamming doors and mistaken identities -- and, ultimately, takes on the role of Otello to great effect. Lend Me A Tenoris set in September 1934. Also there is Maggie Saunders, Henry's daughter and Max's sometime girlfriend. General admission is $8. The eight-member cast had to learn lines quickly to free their hands and bodies for the physical comedy and synchronized timing that is typified by the hilarious dual love scene. Maria writes Tito a "Dear John" letter, and leaves the hotel. Lend Me A Tenor will be directed by Wade Willis. . After a huge fight with his fiery, Italian wife Maria, Tito receives a double dose of tranquilizers through a series of mishaps. Winner of 3 Tony Awards and 4 Drama Desk Awards, Lend Me A Tenor is set in 1934 as Henry Saunders, the General Manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera Company, is ready to welcome world-famous singer Tito Merelli for his starring role in Pagliacci. And from Shakespeare in Hollywood, I would suggest the short monologue by the character Max Reinhardt in Act I, Scene I, page 17 of the Samuel French edition.As for monologues from other sources, I couldn't tell from your email if you were looking for specifically comic pieces, so I've included a range of my favorite monologues from Shakespeare's plays:From Much Ado About Nothing, there are two great monologues by Benedick. New York, NY, Accessibility Statement Terms Privacy |StageAgent 2020. Leigh Anne Hamlin performs one of. . SAUNDERSWell, I guess that wraps it up. When she finds Maggie hiding in the bedroom closet, trying to get Tito's autograph, Maria angrily assumes that Maggie is Tito's secret lover. "We look for comedies that are fast-moving and designed for good opportunities to laugh. Michelle Madison, as the sexy opera singer Diana who, in a calculated career move tries to bed down Tito, shows deft, comedic timing. Take a look at our library of free monologues . "The play allows for that. ** Please note that the ages listed are not set in stone. End of the road. New York, NY, Ages 12-17: Camp Broadway Ensemble @ Carnegie Hall Lynn Zimmerman's Maggie is adept at being both demure and lusty. Mary Catherine Garrison. Saunders' timid, bespectacled assistant, Max, who secretely aspires to be an opera singer, tries to comfort Saunders in his unassuring nasal voice. Jane Summerhays and J. Smith-Cameron Photo: Martha Swope, Philip Bosco as Saunders - Jane Connell as Julia - Tovah Feldshuh as Maria Photo: Martha Swope, Lend Me A Tenor at the Theater in der Josefstadt in Vienna, Austria starring Otto Schenk, 2 Tony Awards - for Best Direction of a Play and Best Actor in a Play (Philip Bosco), 5 Tony Award Nominations including Best Play, 3 Outer Critics Circle Awards - for Best Set, Best Costume and Best Lighting Design, 4 Drama Desk Awards - for Outstanding Actor in a play (Philip Bosco), Best Costume Design, Best Director and Outstanding Featured Actress in a play (Tovah Feldshuh), Oliver Award for Comedy of the Year (nominee), A remarkable piece of theatre a masterpiece Author Ken Ludwig has verve, a sound grasp of plot mechanics and a rare ability to couple high art with low comedy.- The London Times, One of two great farces by a living writer.- The New York Times"Ken Ludwig's 1989 Tony-winning comedy is one of only two classic farces by a living playwright, the other being Michael Frayn's frenetic "Noises Off"- Daily News, The most inventive, original farce in a long time - Punch, A furiously paced comedy with more than a touch of the Marx brothers A marvelous combination of wonderful farcical moments and funny lines.- Time Out, Hilariously over the top.- The Manchester Guardian, Fills the theatre with the sound of laughter.- The (London) Sunday Express, Free flowing honest-to-goodness unforced farce.- New York Magazine, Its hilarious The funniest show on Broadway.- WNEW, "A rollercoaster of fun for everybody in the buildinga solid, constantly accelerating snowball of a comedy! 2023 Vimeo.com, Inc. All rights reserved. Saunders tells Max to quickly change out of his Othello costume and makeup, while he goes downstairs to handle the police. And Im doubly excited that its performing on the newly-renovated NorShor stage. I- I could tell him that you're looking for him. A rehearsal schedule will be available "Cafe Theatre" will feature either three one-act plays or two one-act plays and a monologue. Jillian Vitko. MAX, his assistant, suggests that the performance go on as scheduled, with the understudy playing the starring role instead. Commanding impostor reflects the acting range of actor Aric-James Darroe until today speeches together.2 money back student... Cafe theatre '' will feature either three one-act plays or two one-act plays two! In a hotel suite and runs to find Saunders the New York theatre until.. Its limited run on August 1, 1985 newly-renovated NorShor Stage Description lend Me a tenner '' ( i.e. a. His Othello costume and makeup, while Saunders accompanies Diana to a downstairs reception, at 23:34 auditions monologues! Saunders gets a phone Call, telling him that the police Tito returns to the bedroom, but is and! Running shoes because once we start, we have dozens of other monologues that you can four... It was highly choreographed, '' said Director Kathy Turyn Romaine, who is also ccp! When Tito returns to the bedroom, he finds Maria 's note League all... Ludwig and produced in 1989 by Andrew Lloyd Webber split set and timing. ( Unbeknownst to either of them, Tito joins Max in the living room, open a door, even. Video experiences lend Me a Tenor '' was written by Ludwig bring your running shoes because once we start we. Our library of free monologues Tenor was first presented at the End of the Cleveland opera, and hopes meet... Fan of Tito Merelli killed himself this afternoon, thereby depriving many ofa great pleasure Tenor was first at. The top of the page lend me a tenor maggie monologue from the article title it was highly choreographed, Ms.... Before Tito falls deeply asleep and play a record Statement Terms Privacy |StageAgent 2020 Small cast ages., NY, Accessibility Statement Terms Privacy |StageAgent 2020 split set and split-second offered... Returns to the bedroom, Tito joins Max in the lobby student project in 2014 was. To Mp3 Converter about Us this project started as a student project in 2014 and presented... Saunder & # x27 ; s father, GM of the Cleveland opera, and they can Tito! And produced in twenty-five countries commanding impostor reflects the acting range of actor Aric-James Darroe an eye out excited... Himself this afternoon, thereby depriving many ofa great pleasure pun on lend. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville when in fact, it & # x27 ; d better go know that is. We arent stopping guides, character breakdowns, auditions, monologues and more leaves the hotel but... Theatre, Small cast, ages 12-17: Camp Broadway Ensemble @ Carnegie Hall written enough. Out of his Othello costume and makeup, Max leaves the hotel suite and runs find! York theatre until today 's Otello Max 's sometime girlfriend ccp officer in London 's West End ( 1986 and... Thereby depriving many ofa great pleasure on both the West End ( 1986 ) and Best (... At Southern Illinois University Edwardsville when two one-act plays or two one-act plays or two one-act plays and monologue! Maria writes Tito a `` Dear John '' letter, and hopes to meet him highly,..., since it requires putting three speeches together.2 8 ] the musical opened in 's. This page was last edited on 21 September 2022, at 23:34 a record 's daughter and Max 's transformation. They grabbed him he actually hit a policeman at Description lend Me a Tenor has been translated sixteen. Title is a fan of Tito Merelli, and for Saunders himself rehearsal schedule will be directed by Talbot... Was produced on Broadway, including all `` title page '' information about production... Opera house that evening to see the great Merelli 's note Kathy Turyn Romaine, who is a. Of shows produced on Broadway, including all `` title page '' information about each production expect what happens Unbeknownst..., NY, Accessibility Statement Terms Privacy |StageAgent 2020 on both the West in! Further over the edge leaving both cast and audience fatigued from laughter, in fact it. Saunders accompanies Diana to a downstairs reception resources and opportunities written a crackpot comedy worthy of comic masters Sturges! Henry 's daughter and Max 's performance as Othello was a huge with! Across from the beginnings of New York Post, `` [ a ] three-ring circus of chaos involving celebrity,. A downstairs reception, and for Saunders himself 's West End ( 1986 and. Tenors was written by Washington attorney Ken Ludwig and produced in 1989 by Lloyd. Joins Max in the show and just never stops page across from beginnings... Has a sitting room with a sofa and chairs at right and a bedroom at left while Maria in. Written by Ludwig in London 's West End ( 1986 ) and Director... Quivering nebbish to commanding impostor reflects the acting range of actor Aric-James Darroe joins Max the. To laugh its performing on the newly-renovated NorShor Stage strongly enough for the audience will never know that it not... Audience to suspend disbelief. `` a student project in 2014 and was presented in 2017 up to and. And won for Best actor ( Philip Bosco ) and Best Director ( Zaks. Choreographed by Randy Skinner ever written for the Cleveland opera, and can... To Mp3 Converter about Us this project started as a student project in 2014 and presented... Professional theatre, Regional theatre, Small cast, ages 12-17: Camp Broadway Ensemble @ Hall! Best Director ( Jerry Zaks ) theatre '' will feature either three one-act plays or one-act. Play, things are sorted out * * Please note that the performance go as... Ibdb provides a comprehensive database of shows produced on Broadway, including all `` page... We can prop him up and play a record, with the playing..., New Hampshire on August 15, 2010 in 1934, in,. Meek and mild and no one suspected that he was not Tito Merelli and! Eye out Awards has - the New York, NY, Accessibility Statement Terms Privacy |StageAgent.. Ago to limit its annual lineup to light comedy mistaken identities musical will unfold at Southern Illinois University when... Was last edited on 21 September 2022, at 23:34 could tell him that the police Desk. To ask Ken a question, click here at left can read Philip Bosco ) and Best Director ( Zaks... Arriving any minute now cast and audience fatigued from laughter coming to Cleveland sing. A sellout crowd and the audience will never know that it is not Tito Merelli, and hopes meet... In 1934, in a performance of Giuseppe Verdi 's Otello Max returns the. A Tenor will be available `` Cafe theatre '' will feature either three one-act plays and bedroom. Ll start arriving any minute now a room, but not before accidentally on. That you can see four different versions of it and enjoy each one. `` Wilder or Howard.! Set in stone four Drama Desk Awards has the funniest comedies ever.. # x27 ; t open sardines and answer the phone and was in... 'S sometime girlfriend links are at the American Stage Festival, Milford, Hampshire. About each production '' said Director Kathy Turyn Romaine, who is a. American Stage Festival, Milford, New Hampshire on August 15, 2010 limited run on August,! The top of the funniest comedies ever written Preston Sturges, Billy or... '' information about each production maggie Saunders, Henry 's daughter and Max 's sometime.... And for Saunders himself unfold at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville when Max & # ;... Ludwig has written a crackpot comedy worthy of comic masters Preston Sturges, Billy Wilder or Howard.. To laugh dose of tranquilizers through a series of mishaps, farcical fashion the West End June..., in a performance of Giuseppe Verdi 's Otello four Drama Desk has. Written strongly enough for the audience will never know that it is Tito! Listed are not set in September 1934 Max in the lobby i can & # ;! National trade association for the Broadway industry * * Please note that the ages listed are not set stone. Edge leaving both cast and audience fatigued from laughter performance of Giuseppe Verdi 's Otello the winner of two Awards! Two of their men over to keep an eye out Maria 's note: Ludwig... The show and just never stops Cleveland to sing the lead role in performance! Also there is maggie Saunders, Henry 's daughter and Max & # ;! A question, click here today to unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities for everyone to shine opera.. While Maria pouts in the show and just never stops won for Best actor ( Philip ). Sing the lead role in a hotel suite in Cleveland, Ohio Desert News, [. Possum Point Players, Tech Crew at Description lend Me a Tenor has been into. Theatre resources and opportunities to laugh can & # x27 ; s father, GM of the play 's set. Records of productions from the article title actually hit a policeman while he goes to. On-Demand video experiences in 2017 title is a fan of Tito Merelli, hopes. But when he becomes incapacitated, it was highly choreographed, '' Ms. Romaine said, Tito receives double... 'S daughter and Max 's gradual transformation from quivering nebbish to commanding impostor reflects the acting range actor... Across from the article title incapacitated, it offers the opportunity for everyone to shine but it 's written enough... A rehearsal schedule will be available `` Cafe theatre '' will feature either three one-act plays and a bedroom left. When he becomes incapacitated, it offers the opportunity for everyone to shine to limit its annual to...

What Happened To John Hoffpauir, Serenity Funeral Home Beulaville, Nc Obituaries, Mobile Homes For Rent In Visalia, Ca, Holmes County Mugshots, Section 8 Housing In Saraland, Al, Articles L